Anyone using the Velomsg app to communicate with Strava contacts?

I have a number of people who are Strava contacts who I don't really know in real life, and have never had a good way to get in touch with them. Like, after you do one group ride together, you might mutually follow on Strava, but it's weird to swap phone numbers. There's no PM function in Strava, so I've been at an impasse, but Googling around today, I saw that there's an app that's supposed to solve this problem, Velomsg, a private messaging app for your Strava contacts. Never heard of it before today though and can't find much info online. Has anyone used it? How was your experience?

Huh, I poked around a little more and it seems this company is dead. Website is up, but the app is not in the app store.

So, does anyone have a solution for this problem?

Stalk them on Facebook?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    I have a number of people who are Strava contacts who I don't really know in real life, and have never had a good way to get in touch with them. Like, after you do one group ride together, you might mutually follow on Strava, but it's weird to swap phone numbers. There's no PM function in Strava, so I've been at an impasse, but Googling around today, I saw that there's an app that's supposed to solve this problem, Velomsg, a private messaging app for your Strava contacts. Never heard of it before today though and can't find much info online. Has anyone used it? How was your experience?
    What’s her name?
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Try it, you can be that creepy guy who sends a message to someone and now they have to install another app to read it.

Just get Stacy to tell Becky to tell Karen that you kind of might like her, but only if she likes you first. Then ask her if she'll make out with you on the bike racks after class.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    Just get Stacy to tell Becky to tell Karen that you kind of might like her, but only if she likes you first. Then ask her if she'll make out with you on the bike racks after class.
    Oh the bike racks, that was THE place when I was in elementary school.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Leave a comment on their last activity in strava and you can basically chat that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Leave a comment on their last activity in strava and you can basically chat that way.
    This. Here, like so:

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx

What is your favorite color: [ ]
    Do you like me: [ ] Yes [ ] No

Your doing it wrong

And make sure she's not faster than you

Sent from my SM-J737V using TGR Forums mobile app

Anyone using the Velomsg app to communicate with Strava contacts?

Post a dick pic on her group ride activity

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Winning

Sent from my SM-J737V using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    If you're shy, you could do some dick shaped rides and hope she notices: https://www.unilad.co.uk/health/woma...-running-apps/

As always, solid advice from the collective, if picking up chicas was the problem, I'd be all set. Unfortunately, I have the much more challenging problem that all my riding buddies have decided they'd rather watch sports on TV than ride their bikes and I need new suckers to tow my slow ass on road rides.

Thumbs up NEW SOLUTION - BEAKON.cc

beakon.cc take a look and let me know what do you think Recently I’ve been working on some kind of solution to Strava messaging problem.

To me, Strava messaging isn’t obligatory for everyone, but if you see any value in it (same as I can see) you can join and start communicating with athletes from your Strava network.