Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Nicely said R...

Was a great party and many thanks to Peruvian and wife Jill for hosting. It was an outstanding venue and atmosphere. Homemade pizza, blueberry buckle, and those crazy caramels were so good.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fullsizeoutput_4822.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	716.4 KB 
ID:	298707

Timing is everything, so with their home sale inked, the weather perfect and the fire danger at an all time low, we burned, roasted and toasted... just plain ate & drank in excess to Ullr.

Name:	fullsizeoutput_481c.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	603.9 KB 
ID:	298706

Name:	fullsizeoutput_4816.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	458.0 KB 
ID:	298708

Name:	fullsizeoutput_4827.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	464.0 KB 
ID:	298711

Name:	3wKd1lzdTdC0VO4rKR1aoQ.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	298710

Name:	aGFmGNdSRxaVuJAfqE27zA.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	729.6 KB 
ID:	298712

Well fed, friendships reconnected and Ullr no doubt pleased, the breakfast beer club sending the obligatory TGR salute

Name:	fullsizeoutput_480f.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	298709
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Fog slowly lifting at the Ullrfest grounds. Since I personally made sure every fest attendee took a pull on this gift, there must be a pic or two of it in action.

Name:	IMG_4418.JPG 
Views:	98 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	298713

Thank you to everyone who helped make this years effort another smashing success.

GetAmped always gets the kudos for the tunes but bringing an entire taco buffet including steam trays and sterno was a step above. Venison stew, grilled cobia and tuna, sausages, the food didn’t stop!

Big Daddy’s crew arrived early and stayed late and didn’t even mess up the sheets.

Coolers full of beer, kegs, that delicious rye whisky, consumables & smokables, and a surprise delivery of some class C fireworks direct from NH rounded out the effort to please the gods.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    What did BD take home there?!?
    Looks like a combo professional grade A buzz and baby shower gifts?
    Helloooooooooo Kitty!

jgb@etree Guest
    Looks like a good time was had by all. Definitely bummed that I couldn't be there for the shenanigans....and to represent the under-50 crowd

Has anyone seen VT-F? I’m concerned.

jgb@etree Guest

Musings on an Ullrfest....

So many mags came together to make this a great shindig. The pics dont do it justice - I think my favorite is the blurred pic of Peruvian and GetAmped. A perfect rendition of the night. All mags were very generous and only interested in making it great. The contributions are so numerous, I'm afraid if I start listing them, I'll miss someone important. So, I'm going to limit my keyboard lovefest to just 3. Peruvian and Mrs. Peruvian were the dilithium crystals of this gathering. Offering up their home and putting together an incredible venue with way more work than most (other than BigDaddy) could ever imagine. It was a bittersweet party for the locals in attendance because it was also a going away party for the Peruvians; lucky for me, they're moving to my other neighborhood (city on a lake) so I still get to see them as often as they'll have me. Incredible peeps. The other mag of note is MiCol; if you've been on this forum for more than a day, you know what a solid guy he is. Every year he sends a care package to raffle off and the grand prize drawing is the [sober] highlight of every Ullrfest I've been to. I wore the protoype jacket he sold me at least 6 years ago to the party and everyone was envious. I hope you know that I didn't put Fussy Dutchman up to asking about ski pants.

On the caramels: Peruvian made it very clear that 1 is enough. We've seen ample evidence that he was right. Those that ate 2 drifted through the night in a comical fog before succumbing to the sandman. Incredible treats.

On the food: maybe the best yet? The awesomeness never seemed to stop coming from smoked bluefish (VT-F), to venison stew (non-mag BillH), to the grilled cobia and tuna (Goniff), to the rice and beans (a GetAmped perennial fave), to the star of the show, the lamb...nobody was hungry. The morning after proved to be a continuation with freshly smoked bacon (VT-F) and Taylor Ham (pork roll for you SoNJ folk) courtesy of Gepeto. The leftover taco fixings and eggs cooked over the smoldering coals made for some killer breakfast treats. I can't leave out the incredible hot-out-of-the-oven blueberry buckle Mrs. Peruvian brought out for the weary (and hungover) stragglers.

In the end, it seemed hard for everyone to leave; standing around, drinking beer and trying to remember some (any) of the shenanigans from the night before. Lots of people said they would come and didn't. Your loss.

Well Said ^^^

Seemed like a perfect day, so much better than cold and rainy...

Name:	20191019_095611.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	965.4 KB 
ID:	298824

Got my site settled and had my first beer in three weeks.

Name:	20191022_075546.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	298829

Peruvian hauling in some wood While KRP controls his busy pup

Name:	20191019_164635#1.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	298826

The BBQ crew was doing a good job

Name:	20191019_174558#1.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	298828

Smooth 100 proof Rye, I think this had something to do with Get Amped taking I've Seen Black Diamonds place in the morning. Anyone have a picture of him contemplating in the corner of the field in the morning?

Name:	20191019_165956#1.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	639.0 KB 
ID:	298830

Bacon and Blue

Name:	20191018_174232.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	298831

Fire to please Ullr in the hope he provides the goods this winter

Name:	20191019_212550.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	434.1 KB 
ID:	298832

Breakfast is served and the outside temp was nice.

Name:	20191020_093235#1.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	655.1 KB 
ID:	298833

Great to hang around in the morning and finish off the beers in my cooler, the previous night no one would take a Triple Sunshine, but they went as breakfast beers. Many thanks to all that made it happen especially our hosts who risked their sales contract with our fiery antics.

Looking forward to a Killington Mini this fall.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    Musings on an Ullrfest.... I wore the protoype jacket he sold me at least 6 years ago to the party and everyone was envious. I hope you know that I didn't put Fussy Dutchman up to asking about ski pants.
    Damn, I wasn't even there and I get thrown under the tractor! FTR, he knows it is my good natured (still hopeful) yearly ribbing, you'll thank me when he sends the protos .

Looks like my loss missing out again, thought this was the year I'd finally meet BD among others.

So, no bullfighting, no prayer or pledge of allegiance followed by a military flyover? Just a bunch of old guys and one guy with a baby Bjorn hanging from his chest, sitting around a fire eating spiked caramels and listening to James Taylor?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

2019 Ullrfest - you're coming this year, god damn it!

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    So, no bullfighting, no prayer or pledge of allegiance followed by a military flyover? Just a bunch of old guys sitting around a fire, eating spiked caramels and listening to James Taylor?
    Tell us about your Saturday night spending time with 30+ friends, eating delicious food, drinking the finest beer and whiskey in New England, dosing with locally grown and processed vegetation, jamming to righteous tunes, and enjoying a short bit eventful fireworks show around a huge bonfire.

It was homecoming at the local HS. I spent the evening with 30+ underage teenage girls and boys, ate cold pizza and drank non-craft beers with their 40 yr old suburban moms. I don't get high or do drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Well Said ^^^

Smooth 100 proof Rye, I think this had something to do with Get Amped taking I've Seen Black Diamonds place in the morning. Anyone have a picture of him contemplating in the corner of the field in the morning?
    Need to turn that bottle right-side up

Name:	Rye.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	441.7 KB 
ID:	298858

No alcohol hang-over the next morning, but lack of sleep and the 1/2 caramel had me moving in slow motion. Been a very long time since I've had anything like that.
    If it's too loud, you're too old

It was homecoming at the local HS. I spent the evening with 30+ underage teenage girls and boys, ate cold pizza and drank non-craft beers with their 40 yr old suburban moms. I don't get high or do drugs.
    Now I’m just depressed for you.

It's ok. I'll bounce back.

I don't know bout the lack of youth - the headbangin music set lasted lasted for what seemed like hours.

Thinking detuned shenanigans is a direct result of the indica dominant hybrid strain. subdued funnery
    ​I am not in your hurry

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    I hope you know that I didn't put Fussy Dutchman up to asking about ski pants.

no worries on that lol....glad to provide our little part of a cool annual event...looks like fun kindred time was had ....and maybe hair of dog for some next day....

with a baby Bjorn hanging from his chest
    carlos man, carlos....
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

2019 Ullrfest - you're coming this year, god damn it!

BTW - I can guarantee that dude with the baby bjorn is way cooler than most dentists on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Anyone have a picture of him contemplating in the corner of the field in the morning?
    GetAmped...

LIVE:

Name:	fullsizeoutput_481f.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	565.2 KB 
ID:	298918

UNPLUGGED:

Name:	fullsizeoutput_4866.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	298919

GA Jim is the man. He not only brought the complete TexMex ensemble (tacos, guac, rice and beans)... He brought what is by far the most serious party sound system Ullr has ever seen and was EASILY cranking 12 (yes, even more than 11). And he fit this entire ensemble into his Passat with the skill of a zen master packer...

Oh.... and he has something like 500,000 songs on file.

GA is the DUDE. Abide.

Need to get one of those ^.

That guac was the best ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Goniff View Post
    Need to get one of those ^.

That guac was the best ever!
    Z-Gravity chair has earned its space in the 3 dimensional jigsaw puzzle I solve inside the Jetta.

I probably put more pico de gallo in the guac than normal. I feel slightly bad that someone asked for the pico recipe and the response got lost in the haze...

Coffee was my daily grind: Organic Estate Grown Fair Trade Sumatran. I prepped individual bags of grounds with a filter to simplify on-site brewing. Unfortunately, the coffee maker blew out the circuit breaker on my power conditioner, so no tunes from the main system while the coffee was making. I think Peruvian got my BT speaker going (my phone was dead - note the power brick in my lap in the photo above). That life-giving elixir was so good sitting in the chair by the fire in the morning.

Best compliment that evening was someone mentioned she was Cuban and the beans were legit. I started those on Tuesday to get them just right for Saturday. Can't rush some things.

I'll be scoping out a location for my 60th solar circumnavigation coming up not so long from now. My goal is to basically cook as much Mexican food as I can (carne enchilada, carnitas, pollo in salsa verde, handmade tortillas, frijoles, arroz, guacamole, and all the spicy things), play tunes all night, drink the best whiskies and beer, and celebrate how good it is to be alive. Stay tuned...

Quote Originally Posted by GetAmped View Post
    Best compliment that evening was someone mentioned she was Cuban and the beans were legit. I started those on Tuesday to get them just right for Saturday. Can't rush some things.
    That was probably SnowSprite. She's Cuban and would know... beans were definitely amazing. And I forgot about the coffee, which was also so so good.

But the best thing about the fest/roast is just hanging out and getting to know various mags better. Sitting in the sun, with a beer in hand, watching the lamb spin, hanging by the bon fire or even just watching the bacon cook Sunday morning with a cup of hot coffee... is well worth all the work it takes. It's a great group of people and as MNIAW so eloquently said, everyone contributes in their own way. Glad to know and proud to be a part of this.

Yes, even through the haze I agree it was SnowSprite. Who also *loved* the rye! That shit is sooooo good!!! Seriously, everyone should drink it. I've been enjoying the Rye and Corn they make tonight and their all wheat whiskey is pretty amazing.

Name:	Rye.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	298935

Photo is from summer cabin camping in Ithaca NY

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    BTW - I can guarantee that dude with the baby bjorn is way cooler than most dentists on this board.
    He scares me a bit and I'm not afraid of many human beings.

Awesome to see the pictures & read the comments! Good on ya for keeping up an amazing event. Sorry to have missed out this year, but STOKED to see many familiar faces and scenes...WOOOT!
    Rob "Stayalert" M
    Vermont