Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Cannabis isn't the oldest known medicinal plant on earth.... Not to diminish any of the OPs results / hopes, but quite honestly, the mantra of Cannabis is medicine is largely just a means of circumventing prohibition.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

Quote Originally Posted by cmcrawfo View Post
    Cannabis isn't the oldest known medicinal plant on earth.... Not to diminish any of the OPs results / hopes, but quite honestly, the mantra of Cannabis is medicine is largely just a means of circumventing prohibition.
    According to the world's leading expert, it was used in China 6000 years ago to treat swelling, arthritis, and stomach disease. In 1937, it was listed as a treatment by the AMA for over 100 diseases, more than all other known medicinals combined. I am open minded though if you have a source for different information.

When the American Medical Assn heard the Marijuana was Cannabis and that plant was going to be prohibited they sent a representative to Washington to try and dissuade lawmakers from passing the bill just days before the vote. Sadly the political insiders had made their deals and the bill passed. At the time they told congress they were using cannabis for more treatments than all other known active compounds.

I don't have any real "Hopes" for Cannabis. There's just the reality that this plant produces over 500 compounds that alter our own physiology with no toxicity, few side effects, and withing the therapeutic window. True medicine from Cannabis will absolutely be a reality one day, just not soon enough. As pointed out, the industry wants profit not cures, and until they have the mechanism in place to continue to control development, they will make choices based on profits, not health.

Listen you saggy breasted weirdo, and the rest of you freaks. Just cause you can get stoned off it and watch TV for 3 hrs and not remember a thing doesn't make weed a miracle drug. It might be the single most overhyped thing since kale smoothies.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Lol. False. It likely is the miracle plant, and will likely spawn many individual drugs. Another very interesting angle is how it treats addiction. Likely covered in the other threads.

Go eat some kale Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Go eat some kale Dave.
    .....Braised in rendered pork fat...with a splash of fresh cider....slipped in between some local double thick chops and boiled new 'taters with fresh herbs and garlic. Then a joint.

Now you're talking.

Then sit down after and watch 3 hrs of Three's Company reruns.

You are gonna get your mind blown when you see how traditional ADD & depression drugs work
    like hitting a ten penny nail with a sledgehammer

Quote Originally Posted by cmcrawfo View Post
    Ha! Tell us more about your scientific studies.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Ha! Tell us more about your scientific studies.
    Works both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Works both ways.
    Tell me more about your scientific studies?

Tell me more about your scientific studies?
    I think the NIH has a reasonably good series of web pages devoted to the current state of our knowledge on the subject. See the citations referenced for primary data.

https://www.drugabuse.gov/publicatio...juana-medicine

Mood shift. When I watched this as a kid, Jack, Crissy and Janet seems so adult and the Ropers were ancient. Now, the three seem like kids and the Ropers not so old at all. What's next? Larry going to be a sort of shifty, near sexual predator?

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    I think the NIH has a reasonably good series of web pages devoted to the current state of our knowledge on the subject. See the citations referenced for primary data.

https://www.drugabuse.gov/publicatio...juana-medicine
    Oh, I'm very aware. I've read a lot. Many probably don't recall, but I've been pretty vocal with my MS diagnosis. With that I obviously have a vested interest when compared to most other recreational users. So for someone to say it has no medicinal properties just makes me laugh because they're clearly shooting from the hip which imo makes you look like a fool. But hey, its tgr and we're all a bunch of kooks.

Other countries have approved Sativex for treatment of spasticity, so there is at least anecdotal evidence. And I don't think weed it a "cure" but it is a treatment to lessen certain aspects of many diseases or conditions.

Yeah, we need a lot more research, but like Old Goat? mentioned, who is going to pay if there is no money to be made on the backside.

Janet was the hot one. There, I said it.

my MS diagnosis
    Damn dude, I missed that. That sucks. Have you heard of Terry Whals? Her MS was so severe she was confined to a wheelchair and she's basically cured herself through diet:

https://terrywahls.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Damn dude, I missed that. That sucks. Have you heard of Terry Whals? Her MS was so severe she was confined to a wheelchair and she's basically cured herself through diet:

https://terrywahls.com/
    Yes, I know about her, thank you. It has worked for some and not others. Many subsets will eventually come to light under the 'disease' of MS. Everybody is different and reacts differently to various treatments.

I'm lucky...so far.

/threaddrift

I luv me sum Threes company.
    watch out for snakes

I gave a non-using MD buddy some brownies to deal with the spasticity resulting from becoming a Quad and it didn't work

buddy sez as far as he can tell from all the research he has done medical MJ is really all just about getting high

but it was worth a try
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Seems like you could do whatever research you wanted in Portugal...or Canada? Right?

Is that not happening?

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I gave a non-using MD buddy some brownies to deal with the spasticity resulting from becoming a Quad and it didn't work

buddy sez as far as he can tell from all the research he has done medical MJ is really all just about getting high

but it was worth a try
    well regulated study right here
    Move upside and let the man go through...

My wife struggled terribly with chemo. Vicious cycle of nausea, exhaustion, insomnia, weakness. MJ fixed it all. We called it a miracle drug at the time. Very unlikely the effect was placebo, doc agreed. Unscientific and anecdotal, I know, but I'm a believer.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Medical Cannabis is far from a reality..

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    My wife struggled terribly with chemo. Vicious cycle of nausea, exhaustion, insomnia, weakness. MJ fixed it all. We called it a miracle drug at the time. Very unlikely the effect was placebo, doc agreed. Unscientific and anecdotal, I know, but I'm a believer.
    There’s a cannabis based prescription medicine for that. Not psychoactive.

http://marinol.com

It does have side effects.

Common side effects may include:

feeling "high";
    dizziness, drowsiness, thinking problems;
    unusual thoughts or fears;
    feelings of extreme happiness; or.
    nausea, vomiting, stomach pain.