Page 16 of 72 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Chevy bolt recall due battery fire hazard: https://my.chevrolet.com/how-to-supp...y/boltevrecall
    Yep. I picked up a new 2021 at the beginning of the summer. I should've held out for the damn Hyundai/KIA.

TR to follow.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

F150 Lighting...... vaporware or frunk-enabled frontgating ski machine? A friend saw one in real life in a demo last week. Considering that the battery must be ~2x the size of a Tesla SUV, the pricing seems almost suspiciously low, But maybe someone else here actually understands these things?

Quote Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
    F150 Lighting...... vaporware or frunk-enabled frontgating ski machine? A friend saw one in real life in a demo last week. Considering that the battery must be ~2x the size of a Tesla SUV, the pricing seems almost suspiciously low, But maybe someone else here actually understands these things?
    If you’ve seen the commercial, you also can just plug it into your house and it’ll power it right up.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Pretty sure the Tesla suv goes up to 100kwh, Ford Lightning is 125kwh.

Considering that the battery must be ~2x the size of a Tesla SUV, the pricing seems almost suspiciously low, But maybe someone else here actually understands these things?
    Yup. I'm guessing their pricing either means it's supposed to be some kind of monster loss leader, OR more realistically, they're pulling a Corvette and stating it's starting price is something absurdly low to get everyone talking about them and also taking away ammunition against them, but in reality you will NEVER find one on the lot spec'd out that cheap. If you are able to order one in that trim, then it'll take like 2 years to actually receive.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Yup. I'm guessing their pricing either means it's supposed to be some kind of monster loss leader, OR more realistically, they're pulling a Corvette and stating it's starting price is something absurdly low to get everyone talking about them and also taking away ammunition against them, but in reality you will NEVER find one on the lot spec'd out that cheap. If you are able to order one in that trim, then it'll take like 2 years to actually receive.
    or they actually know how to volume produce vehicles profitably.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    or they actually know how to volume produce vehicles profitably.
    K. Let us know when you score yours for the advertised $39,974 MSRP.

Forgetting everything else in the car just the battery is $320 / kWh ($40k/125) which is crazy cheap. Bulk price is like $150 iirc.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Bump.

EV school bus remains delayed, but they're now saying I should see it in early November.

Our contractor was on site yesterday to get the install of our charger wrapped up. Interesting takeaway is that the circuit boards in almost all EV chargers are only rated up to 2000m and there can be complications with heat and transmission because of lower oxygen levels . Luckily for us, the ABB Terra DC wallbox (https://new.abb.com/ev-charging/terra-dc-wallbox) we have is rated to 2500m; we're at 2450m here. Who knew?

I'm going to a meet and greet with a EV van/shuttle company ( https://lightningemotors.com/electri...cial-vehicles/) next week here in Aspen. I'm interested in getting EV Transits in 2-3 years when our current batch of T350HD's go off-lease. Hopefully Ford will sell a OEM option with ~150mi range by then as well.

I am interested in the electric f-150, be great for charging my e-bike
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

The upcoming Kia EV6 looks pretty good IMO! Pretty douchy how they're labelling it a "CUV," but I guess the marketers know what sells these days. Looks a whole lot like a proper hatch to me. Either way, will be interesting to see how well it competes in the EV space.
    https://www.kia.com/us/en/ev6

Now THIS is what I’m talking ‘bout. https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...edition-drive/

Impressive engineering.

Has anyone looked into importing an EV from Europe/Japan?
    I’m a little obsessed with the nissan e-nv200 as a city work van. Fedex has a few of them in their fleet domestically and they’re all over europe.
    I’m familiar with the 25 years old rule for importing unauthorized foreign cars, but this is maybe somewhat vouched for by nissan already?

Todd Parker? Is that you?

Start down low with a 350 cube, three and a quarter horsepower, 4-speed, 4:10 gears, Ten coats of competition orange, hand rubbed laquer with a huplane manifold,

Full fuckin race cams. Whoo!

EV school bus is coming 11/16, finally... Only 6 months late.

But in industry news, this seems pretty rad for tinkers to have another hand-up for electrifying: https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9000-MACHE

Eluminator e-crate motor ignites electric performance revolution

Ford Vehicle Personalization and Ford Performance Parts continue to add new choices for customers, like the Eluminator e-crate motor, as the shift to electric vehicles accelerates. It’s the first of what will become a growing portfolio of performance parts and accessories for Ford electric vehicles.

Part No. M-9000-MACH-E, the e-crate motor is now available at authorized Ford parts warehouse dealers or online at Ford Performance Parts. Retailing at $3,900, it is targeted for builders looking for a transverse-oriented powertrain to electrify a range of vehicles from modern to vintage cars, trucks and SUVs. Each Eluminator e-crate motor produces 281 horsepower and 317 lb.-ft. of torque and is street-legal in all 50 states.

Over time, Ford Performance plans to develop a wider list of components for the Eluminator powertrain with some of the leading performance manufacturers, including battery systems, controllers and traction inverters to close the loop on full turnkey aftermarket electrification solutions.

I looked into adding a level 2 charger at home in anticipation that at least one of our next round of cars would be electric. My town and county have made it nearly impossible to do for under about $10k. Between the permits, mods to the house and driveway, equipment and having to use one of three approved electricians $10k might even be too low. WTF!

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I looked into adding a level 2 charger at home in anticipation that at least one of our next round of cars would be electric. My town and county have made it nearly impossible to do for under about $10k. Between the permits, mods to the house and driveway, equipment and having to use one of three approved electricians $10k might even be too low. WTF!
    What?! That ain't right. What a sham. Electrician buddy of mine used to wire up people's garages for 220 all the time for their Teslas. Wasn't a big deal and didn't cost THAT much. New breaker, some conduit, a couple plugs. Guy did them all the time so could bang out a garage in a couple hours no prob. You're def getting taken for a ride. If your town/county are gonna be dicks about the whole thing though, just pay an electrician cash on the side and get it taken care of on the DL. Just don't tell Glade, though. Shhhhhhh.....

That's hilarious (and infuriating). Permits? Mods? Approved electricians? Is there a local paper? They need to do a story on the scam these folks have set up.

Hahaha. I don't have a garage so it has to be in the driveway which is mostly open to the street so it would be seen. Part of their new regs is the car has to be at least 50 feet from the house or in a fireproof room when it's charging. I think the Chevy Bolt thing brought the stoopidz to the surface when one melted to the ground at a local dealer last year. Apparently none of the local FDs are equipped to handle an e-car fire.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    That's hilarious (and infuriating). Permits? Mods? Approved electricians? Is there a local paper? They need to do a story on the scam these folks have set up.
    Yup, approved and part of the old boy network that runs this place.

old boy network
    Clearly. You might write to nearby car dealerships or even manufacturers. They'll take an interest in this. Those fuckers deserve to be exposed.

Hahaha. I don't have a garage so it has to be in the driveway which is mostly open to the street so it would be seen. Part of their new regs is the car has to be at least 50 feet from the house or in a fireproof room when it's charging. I think the Chevy Bolt thing brought the stoopidz to the surface when one melted to the ground at a local dealer last year. Apparently none of the local FDs are equipped to handle an e-car fire.
    Well, I guess get yourself a 220V high amp rated extension cord and tell the county they can suck your scrote.

Well, I guess get yourself a 220V high amp rated extension cord and tell the county they can suck your scrote.
    I've been charging my car off one of these for two years.

The upcoming Kia EV6 looks pretty good IMO! Pretty douchy how they're labelling it a "CUV," but I guess the marketers know what sells these days. Looks a whole lot like a proper hatch to me. Either way, will be interesting to see how well it competes in the EV space.
    https://www.kia.com/us/en/ev6
    Missed this the first time around. That does look pretty sharp. Priced similarly to a Model 3, hopefully?

Electric car thread

I posted this a week or two ago in a different thread. Rivian pickup in the wild. It was going like 50-55 at the end of a long stretch of highway (Camp Pendleton)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6908.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	391484