Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

EuroBBI 2020, March 12-20 @mtlodge-sedrun

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Haha. Didn't that include coffee, breakfast, nice dinners, etc?
    Nope, just liquor.
    Like doebe said, the prices were great. I just like cocktails, lots of cocktails...
    Last edited by 2FUNKY; 11-11-2019 at 11:12 AM.

Yes, 1 drink in the afternoon, 2-3 drinks a night x2 people for a week plus

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Schnapps don’t count as a drink, right? It’s more like 1/4 a drink.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

RT flights NAm<->Yurp dipped in cost today.
    And yeah, after a few schnapps, I can't count either.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

FYI if you have United Explorer card flights to Zurich are only 30k miles each way (at least from BZN, but I'd assume if I can get them that cheap everyone else can too)
    Last edited by kathleenturneroverdrive; 11-19-2019 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    RT flights NAm<->Yurp dipped in cost today.
    And yeah, after a few schnapps, I can't count either.
    of course they did--I booked last week. I'm not even going to look at prices now. It will just piss me off. BW...cycling through Klosters again this year overlapping some of Buster's days, so hope to hook up with you this time.

Hmm, really jonesing to get back to the Alps. Nearly pulled the trigger on a family trip next week considering the dumpage of snow along the main Alpine ridge in Austria, but life timing wasn't in our favor this time (did this 2 yrs ago).

I have a window in Jan. when I can get away, but this looks super fun. Only have had 1 weekend in Andermatt and never gotten to many of the other surrounding areas which would be sweet! The mini-Comish twins in theory have their U-10 championship races the weekend of the 21st which puts a crimp in my scheduling... Hmm
    He who has the most fun wins!

Quote Originally Posted by comish View Post
    Only have had 1 weekend in Andermatt and never gotten to many of the other surrounding areas which would be sweet! The mini-Comish twins in theory have their U-10 championship races the weekend of the 21st which puts a crimp in my scheduling... Hmm
    Fly in on the 10-13, Fly back on the 20th.

Unfortunately it's a 4 day dealeo so I have to leave SoCal on the 19th. This assumes they want to do it which isn't a certain thing compared to my older Mini Comish who is way more competitive...

Never know...
    He who has the most fun wins!

Quote Originally Posted by comish View Post
    Unfortunately it's a 4 day dealeo so I have to leave SoCal on the 19th. This assumes they want to do it which isn't a certain thing compared to my older Mini Comish who is way more competitive...

Never know...
    So, fly out on the 10th, fly back the 18th.

Folks!

I just found out about this offer

https://winter.plus/halbpreis-abo/

Basically you save on the price on day passes for Skiarena (Ventils Place). For around 40 CHF you safe like 40 CHF per day... BUT it all the prices are dependent on when you buy and seem to vary due to weather and such. Did you get some group discount last year?

Well, maybe it is worth looking into this for some of you. I think being Zurich based and for sure skiing a few days in Skiarena this winter (hopefully with a solid BBI crew!!!) I will go for it.

/Leo

what Leo is getting at is that SkiArena has dynamic pricing, so you can't really quantify what the savings will be. You get 50% off each day pass price if you buy that 1/2 fare card for 41 francs. A day or 2 that we skied during BBI Europe last year were stupid cheap because it was snowing, weekday and March. If you were to just ski a couple of days like that, you might not get your 41 ch value out of the pass. It's pretty darned unlikely to work out that way though. Your breakeven on it is 82 ch on lift passes. If you will be at Ski Arena 3 or more days, you will probably save money on this deal. Worst case scenario, where for some reason you end up not skiing a single day in the SkiArena, you are risking less than $40 on it, however.

Leo, is there a fuse on that offer? I would assume so (I mean that the half fare card is only available for a limited time period). I don't see an end date for the offering, but I don't read German so gut.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    what Leo is getting at is that SkiArena has dynamic pricing, so you can't really quantify what the savings will be. You get 50% off each day pass price if you buy that 1/2 fare card for 41 francs. A day or 2 that we skied during BBI Europe last year were stupid cheap because it was snowing, weekday and March. If you were to just ski a couple of days like that, you might not get your 41 ch value out of the pass. It's pretty darned unlikely to work out that way though. Your breakeven on it is 82 ch on lift passes. If you will be at Ski Arena 3 or more days, you will probably save money on this deal. Worst case scenario, where for some reason you end up not skiing a single day in the SkiArena, you are risking less than $40 on it, however.

Leo, is there a fuse on that offer? I would assume so (I mean that the half fare card is only available for a limited time period). I don't see an end date for the offering, but I don't read German so gut.
    Evidently the new head of SkiArena does not hold the same faith in TicketCorners dynamic pricing. Notice how TicketCorner doesn't have tickets yet?

Evidently the new head of SkiArena does not hold the same faith in TicketCorners dynamic pricing. Notice how TicketCorner doesn't have tickets yet?
    No, i hadn't even checked it yet. Just did though and it shows up as an option. Maybe tickets just not "loaded" yet because they aren't open yet?

Ticketcorner is up: https://ski.ticketcorner.ch/resort/9...ate=13.03.2020 ..
    Be sure to compare with the half price ski card: https://winter.plus/halbpreis-abo/

Ticketcorner ends up being $50/day for 3/13-3/18

if its like 50 a day and the half price is like 50 than I think it is a sure deal in any case right?

remember there are no ski for 10 bucks wednesdays anymore. half price is definitely cheaper. even for 5 days assuming maximum ticket price of 84chf which means you pay 42 chf.
    having a few weekdays 59 chf prices in between beats the 5 day pass by quite a bit as you only pay 30chf to ski. Im not even sure if any long passes make sense anymore.

for the close by weekend warriors its a dream come true. But i expect crowds to be absolutely absurd on a blue bird day.

I've heard that season pass locals are very close to rioting at the moment grinding axes and sharpening pitchforks.

edit: i just checked NO long pass makes sense. even the 12 day pass is 45chf a day.

5 day half price is maximum 50chf, with march weekdays more likely around 42-44chf (with the 41 chf of the half price included).
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Is C = 41 + x * 42 < 249 for x = 5?

Is C = 41 + x * 42 < 249 for x = 5?
    no but it's C=41+x*v (v being 30-42 depending on day and on average maybe 37? right now all days are 73 Chf if you buy day tickets in early /mid march so v= 36.50)<249.
    right now C= 223,5 with half price according to ticketcorner. 41 +182,5 for 5 days. PLUS you are super flexible.

edit: 1 chf more. it's 223,50 chf

Worth it to avoid any queuing on a pow day.

I ain't waiting!

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    Worth it to avoid any queuing on a pow day.

I ain't waiting!

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk
    but you have to be there early anyway. and you can order half price tickets online as well if you have an account (which you have to have to oder the half price thing )

So, my german is nicht gut. Does buying a pass through ticketcorner still include the train as part of the pass, and is the train part of the half price ski card if you buy them online as well?

The train from Andermatt to Sedrun will still be included in the skicard.

The half price thing is probably not a somethign to physicaly touch but rather an account. This account gets yu nothing in itslef but a 50% discount on all daypasses.

Does this even make sense? ... I am lost in translation here.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoK View Post
    The train from Andermatt to Sedrun will still be included in the skicard.

The half price thing is probably not a somethign to physicaly touch but rather an account. This account gets yu nothing in itslef but a 50% discount on all daypasses.

Does this even make sense? ... I am lost in translation here.
    Yes, I was just wondering if in the end, if the skicard and half price card would come out to about the same cost if a person still had to pay for transport between Andermatt-Sedrun-Disentis with the half price card

Quote Originally Posted by 2bjenny View Post
    So, my german is nicht gut. Does buying a pass through ticketcorner still include the train as part of the pass, and is the train part of the half price ski card if you buy them online as well?
    Any skiareana lift ticket includes the train for that day.
    I think the Ticketcorner ski card is a little more convenient since they'll send it to you at mt-lodge and it's good for the whole time.

It's unclear if the halfprice system gives you a single pass valid for the whole interval.