Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

EuroBBI 2020, March 12-20 @mtlodge-sedrun Switzerland

Once again, the love and madness of lot4 will be winging it's way to Yurp to roost around https://www.mt-lodge.com/ just below the Oberalp Pass in the massive and snow sure Andermatt-Disentis SkiArena, Switzerland for the week of March 12-20, 2020. Host vendul is forging another fantastic plan.

Access is super slick and easy on Swiss trains that drop guests a couple hundred feet from his hotel. Precise Swiss trains with ski racks that serve all major Swiss airports.

This is among the most amazing ski deals any way you slice it. The skiing is world class in a powder mecca of the Alps.

#EuroBBI2020
    #EuroBBI_13_3_2020 Rueras

Here's the deal (don't blame vendul if I get this wrong) :
    >>>>>>>>>>

Double room: 75 chf p.p. per night

Single room: 85 chf p.p. per night

Three and four bed bedrooms: 70 chf p.p. per night

INCLUDING:

Breakfast, dinner, fondue night and waxing.

Transfers to Davos and Fiesch (optional but highly recommended ) roughly 40 chf per person.

Guided tour with Andermatt-Guides http://www.andermatt-guides.ch/EN/about.html.

Cost estimates: $600 rt air, $200 rail transfer tickets, $500 lodging and food, $200 lift tickets $400 guiding/tours/taxi == $1900 + bartab for skiing that will blow your mind.
    Available: huts, helis, spas, gourmando food, history, architecture, The Alps.

pm vendul for more info.

<<<<<<<<<<

Book here: https://www.mt-lodge.com/book-a-room

Lift Tickets (2019-2020 prices not yet listed) : https://ski.ticketcorner.ch/resort/9...ate=12.10.2019 .

Found half price tickets for the Ski Arena: https://winter.plus/halbpreis-abo/

The half-price subscription for Andermatt + Sedrun + Disentis will be available from 18 November 2019. It costs CHF 41 for adults and CHF 20.50 for children (6 to 15 years) and reduces each day pass by 50%. You will benefit on the first day of skiing.

With the discount, day tickets are 41 chf, so about $42/day.

Swiss train information, schedules, prices: https://www.sbb.ch/en/home.html

vendul, host at mt-lodge, proved his skills last year at organizing mind blowing itineraries for a rowdy mob both close to his hotel as well as far afield around St. Moritz. I'm pretty sure there's a number of people here who would attest to this. Some of them are curating wads of cool images from the trip. vendul is offering to do it again with some killer deals including breakfast and dinner at his great little hotel with quiet rooms and plush beds.

Andermatt gets a ton of snow and there's terrain for every ability with emphasis on lots of 4-5k vertical foot sidecountry runs with easy access and usually beer and charcuterie before a train or taxi home. The SkiArena spans 20 miles of lift service with a train connecting the ends included on your lift ticket. Disentis is a big place, lesser known, with nearly 6000 vertical feet of lift served and weeks of incredible offpiste. The skiing kicks ass.

A couple of days after the storm:

The food was fantastic:

So, yeah, the deal is to line up a few days at venduls place and we'll converge on doing some day trips around central Switzerland. This years options include a little tour out of Davos/Klosters as well as the massive glaciers of Aletsch Arena and Fiesch and a farmer's lift near the hotel. Some other potentials depending on interest. Last year we did the Oberalpstock, around 7000 vertical feet of North facing pow. If people want to sign up for another similar day, let me know.

Getting there is easy, with slick Swiss trains providing simple access from every major airport. Flights are relatively cheap, with fares of around $500-600US currently available from most major US cities to Zurich, a preferred hub. Geneva is another good airport. Set up a flight watch on either google or kayak.

If you have logistics questions, ask away, it's easy. It's also generally cheaper than a ski vacation in North America.

Skiing down to Hospentals medieval tower before the requisite beer and charcuterie:

A 5 minute skin from the top of Disentis, 3 days after the storm:

vendul organized this day at St. Moritz. :

Map (mt-lodge-sedrun is just right of center, Andermatt at the left end, Disentis on the right end) :

link to full size of the above: https://vcdn.bergfex.at/images/resiz...473f243@2x.jpg
    Last edited by Buster Highmen; 05-25-2021 at 10:06 PM. Reason: d00t
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Your host Vendul knows how to make sure you eat a leisurely breakfast, and still get first tracks on lines like these.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7993603687790247765_IMG_1520.jpg 
Views:	1976 
Size:	237.5 KB 
ID:	293552

And the Swiss don't ski storm days, so you can ski lines like this directly under a lift and only cross other mags tracks

Name:	IMG_1715.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	128.4 KB 
ID:	293553

Even if you wear a funny hat

Name:	IMG_1730.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	175.1 KB 
ID:	293554

Warning though -- vendul, his partner, their lodge, the skiing and the whole experience will make you reconsider what the fuck you're doing chasing snow on small mountains in the US.

A taste of the sidecountry around Davos from Madrisa across the valley to the Pischa backside:

Skiing the Guspis from Andermatt to Hospental, 2 days after the storm.

Civilized train travel:

Backside of Andermatt 2 days after the storm, Giraffe to the left, Hans Im Glugg ahead, each 4000+ vertical feet:

Halfway down the Giraffe, affectionately known as Mr. Mike's Run, 1-2 in the afternoon, 2 days after the storm

Last edited by Buster Highmen; 09-09-2019 at 07:19 PM.

I'm in for next year. Couldn't make last season's gathering due to knee injuries. Yous guys is way above my pay grade, so I'll be content to ski alone, for the most part.

Oh, I also bought a mean furry hat while in eastern europe a few weeks ago- Buster's toque will prove no match for my new-found steeze.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    I'm in for next year. Couldn't make last season's gathering due to knee injuries. Yous guys is way above my pay grade, so I'll be content to ski alone, for the most part.

Oh, I also bought a mean furry hat while in eastern europe a few weeks ago- Buster's toque will prove no match for my new-found steeze.
    awright!
    Some of last years attendants may not make it; I'm still hoping they do, but there's room fer shure.

Living right in the middle (Zurich) of the shenanigans this year, so I’m sure I’ll be around for a few days or more.

Name:	1341d371-4ce6-4fb4-a192-8a774f4f9a4b.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	1,019.9 KB 
ID:	293569

Boom! It’s coming!

^^ So it begins:

Fiesch is about 2 hours and 20 minutes from Rueras by train to the West.

There's two huDge trams that soar over the train there accessing another massive ski complex:

Direct link: https://vcdn.bergfex.at/images/resiz...8e44b2d@2x.jpg
    Last edited by Buster Highmen; 05-25-2021 at 10:12 PM.

To the East of Rueras, by train and Swiss post bus in an hour and 50 minutes is Laxx/Flims, 1900 vertical meters or a little over 6200 vertical feet:

In short, there's enough skiing for a season based out of Rueras. No one can really ski all of this in a couple of weeks.
    Last edited by Buster Highmen; 10-12-2019 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    ^^ So it begins:

Fiesch is about 2 hours and 20 minutes from Rueras by train to the East.

There's two huDge trams that soar over the train there accessing another massive ski complex:

Direct link: https://vcdn.bergfex.at/images/downs...3c2eaac@2x.jpg
    dayum

Plus, here's a killer tour using one of the dinky "farmer's lifts" right across the street from mt-lodge.com:
    https://www.bergfex.com/sommer/graub...158,piz-maler/

Conditions were so good last year we skipped this one in lieu of raging around the Gemsstock @ Andermatt.

Some of them are curating wads of cool images from the trip.
    I feel your poke. Should be ready by October.

I don't have any pictures from last year!!! :-( This time I'll make sure to ski more and take my own ;-)
    There are a few great touring options... I would play it by ear depending on conditions.
    Plus, with the new tram, lapping val Stream will be a lot easier
    Buster: You are simply the best!!! Thanks

so sick. nice work...

so affordable. wow

I'm in. How do we book (@vendul)? Through the website? What's the touring-gear-rental situation? I will have loads of photo-gear (I'm in Yurp for work) and can't bring skis with me.

Hi! Give me a day or two to fix up the website... after that you can easily book directly through the website... you can practically rent anything here.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando TGR Forums

Great, thanks!

FKNA this looks awesome. Want to do this so bad. But doubt 2020 is in the cards. Keep doing this so it's going the year that I am able!!!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I am hoping I can get my affairs figured out and attend... vendul can I wash dishes and tend bar?

EuroBBI 2020, March 12-20 @mtlodge-sedrun

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    FKNA this looks awesome. Want to do this so bad. But doubt 2020 is in the cards. Keep doing this so it's going the year that I am able!!!
    X2. Subscribed for stoke!

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    I am hoping I can get my affairs figured out and attend... vendul can I wash dishes and tend bar?
    We would have the best bartender ever!!! For you : Doors are always open !!!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    me too!

Hope this keeps going after this year.

Already working on the fiancé to spend some time hiking in Alps as part our our wedding/honeymoon. Obviously with a stop at Mt lodge.

The math on splitting a room is good, right?

Cost breakdown:
    Flight $600. check.
    Transpo to/from airport/Rueras $150. check.
    Room for 7 nights: $525. check.
    LIft tickets for 6 days: $300 (less if pass is bought). check.
    Tours/guiding/transpo: $150 (can skip). check.
    Bar Tab: $200 (OK, reign it in people)

Total cost: $1925 for a week of skiing primo in Europe.

C'mon, where in the North America can you stay within 1/4 mile of the lifts and have access to virgin pow, killer food, great drinks and whole new guided, amazing skiing for that amount?

Life is short, this is a great deal.

Do it.

I may or may not make it, shit happens, but I'm going to plan and try. Can't guarantee it's a rolling thing unless one of you kids picks up the torch and skis with it.
    Last edited by Buster Highmen; 09-21-2019 at 10:11 AM.

The math on splitting a room is good, right?

Cost breakdown:
    Flight $600. check.
    Transpo to/from airport/Rueras $150. check.
    Room for 7 nights: $525. check.
    LIft tickets for 6 days: $300 (less if pass is bought). check.
    Tours/guiding/transpo: $150 (can skip). check.
    Bar Tab: $200 (OK, reign it in people)
    Total cost: $1925.

C'mon, where in the North America can you stay within 1/4 mile of the lifts and have access to virgin pow, killer food, great drinks and whole new guided, amazing skiing for that amount?

Life is short, this is a great deal.

Do it.

I may or may not make it, shit happens, but I'm going to plan and try. Can't guarantee it's a rolling thing unless one of you kids picks up the torch and skis with it.
    It’s a killer deal. My bar tab at Mt. Lodge was more than my room fees for the week.
    I spent a total of $2600 door to door and worth every damn penny! Super bummed it’s not in my cards this year. Others on the fence should get off it and totally do this. It will spoil you and make skiing here in the states pale in comparison.