Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    What time is your arrival to Zurich? Last year my wife and I arrived about 3 pm, had a luggage snafu so didn't get out of there for at least a couple of hours. As a result of that, the last "train" from Disentis to Rueras was a minibus. Just a head's up that if you get into Disentis after 7(?) you might need to be looking for a bus not a train. It's no big deal. It loads up about 40 feet from where you would get on the train, but just worth being aware of when you come rolling off that train jet lagged and sleepy. We only found out by nervously wandering around asking questions on a dark and deserted train ramp.
    Flight supposed to get in at 11am, so should have lots of time to find our way. But thanks for the heads up, won’t relax for too long in Zurich!

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Also:

>>>> IF YOU WANT TO DO THE MONDAY TOUR with Dan Loutrel/Andermatt-Guides which may be somewhat looney, please fill out the poll in Hookups <<<<
    I WANT TO DO THE MONDAY TOUR...

But I can't, leaving that day for Paris

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Definitely getting excited about trip.

[...]

Bringing Blizzard 0G 108 with vipec bindings, but not sold on bringing my Blizzard Spur og as lift served powder slaying monsters. Will check with vendul see what he has. I might be able to get a pair to the east coast and ship after
    Good call on the 0G 108s. I have the OG Spurs, and wouldn't evarr think of bringing 'em - unless conditions are pristine, they'll prolly not be versatile enough for the many different options available. Too wide, stiff, heavy. Unless you're okay with that.

Last year I brought my V-Werks Katanas, and they were just about perfect. Bringing 'em again this year.

FOMO is real here. Had such a great time last year... can't swing it this year but I'll be watching from Pugetopolis.

^ same.
    Be excited. Be stoked. Be flexible. Vendul is a huge asset and Bruce is too. Now I’m jealous.

i’m ready for lunch

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	76DC535D-6629-4268-81B6-B649474B82B5.jpg 
Views:	336 
Size:	306.3 KB 
ID:	316793

How do you “like” a photo in this stoopid app?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by shroom View Post
    i’m ready for lunch

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	76DC535D-6629-4268-81B6-B649474B82B5.jpg 
Views:	336 
Size:	306.3 KB 
ID:	316793
    Such a damn good day.

Jelly I won't make it this year.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

This will have to do for Klosters dinners:
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

The Davos lunch view

And of course, the maggot home in Switzerland, Mountain Lodge Sedrun:

The FOMO is real here. Can’t wait to see the pics from this years event.
    @Buster please give Vendul and Serena a giant hug for me!

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    The FOMO is real here. Can’t wait to see the pics from this years event.
    @Buster please give Vendul and Serena a giant hug for me!
    that I will and while I'm not a highball kind of guy, I'll raise a whisky to you in the bar. heal well!

that I will and while I'm not a highball kind of guy, I'll raise a whisky to you in the bar. heal well!
    Thanks brother!

You are lucky Bastards. Pattern change one week (one and a half but hey...) before the bbl. Snow is coming.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

🤞🤞🤞

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando TGR Forums

And of course, the maggot home in Switzerland, Mountain Lodge Sedrun:

Please please do this next year. I am also feeling the FOMO, and I think next year I may be able to swing this.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

I like lunch. And Michele and Serena.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And lunch with buster too.

It's super easy from ZRH; the train station is in the basement, it's obvious.

I'd give yourself about 2 hours after the flight lands to clear customs, get bags and walk down to the trains. Relax, have a coffee or food and check out the locals.

There's 2 main routes most of the time, the one you mention or the way via Goeschenen->Andermatt->Rueras which involves a little cog railway from Goeschenen->Andermatt. That was the way I went first and the way I still prefer. The cogway is short, screechy and atmospheric.

Note that whichever way you go, be sure to request the Rueras stop by pressing the green button after either Dieni (coming from West, Andermatt) or Sedrun (comeing from East, Disentis). Ask the conductor, he'll tell you.

Check https://www.sbb.ch/en/home.html for schedules. There's a train about once an hour, so don't freak about catching a train as long as your flight lands between 6:00 and 18:00.
    (edit)
    There's trains about every 2 hours outside that except 23:59-5:00 or so.

mt-lodge is down a walking path about 300 feet down from the teeny Rueras train stop. It's on the main road through Rueras.
    "It's super easy" is what I wanted to hear! Thanks for the detailed info on the Rueras stop and the alt route through Goeschenen Think we will wait till we hit the ground in Zurich to book trains so we leave our options open.

Quote Originally Posted by wierdb View Post
    "It's super easy" is what I wanted to hear! Thanks for the detailed info on the Rueras stop and the alt route through Goeschenen Think we will wait till we hit the ground in Zurich to book trains so we leave our options open.
    Hopefully most of last years attendants can attest to the theory that I'm not too far off the mark in describing the ease with which one exits Swiss airport customs and saunters down the escalator or elevator to the trains underneath the airport where you can rest your skis in the skiracks provided.

It's a little more overwhelming when you change trains at the main Zurich bahnhof after the little jaunt from the Flughafen. But don't worry, everything is in 4 languages. It's easy.

Same for Geneva.

Hopefully most of last years attendants can attest to the theory that I'm not too far off the mark in describing the ease with which one exits Swiss airport customs and saunters down the escalator or elevator to the trains underneath the airport where you can rest your skis in the skiracks provided.

It's a little more overwhelming when you change trains at the main Zurich bahnhof after the little jaunt from the Flughafen. But don't worry, everything is in 4 languages. It's easy.

Same for Geneva.
    Confirmed.

Pro tip: be like buster, don't overload yourself with gear. We brought too much shit last trip, and schlepping it around the trains & train stations sucked.

EuroBBI 2020, March 12-20 @mtlodge-sedrun

Same for Geneva.
    I can attest. Super easy to navigate the Zurich train station and the employees are very helpful at pointing you to your correct pad.
    For me, i felt like absolutely shit coming off the long flight into Zurich. It started on my flight from Seattle to Dulles. The seat jacked my neck. Made me feel super hung over. Glad I arrived into Zurich mid morning as it took a couple hours to feel well. Short nap, some ibuprofen, coffee and food helped. Walked over, bought a ticket to Rueras and off I went.
    The train travel is amazing. Dump ski bag in ski rack, toss luggage in over head and chill. Have great coffee, intake amazing views, assuming you travel during daylight which I recommend and great conversation with locals. Pay attention since you do have to switch trains midway through your travel to Sedrun. Get all you stuff ready once you hit Desentis since Reuras, your final stop, is a short 12min ride away.
    I could not recommend it highly enough to arrive in Sedrun/Reuras from the long travel in the early afternoon or as soon as possible. That will give your internal clock a chance to reset and allow you to sleep that night greatly reducing jet lag. I woke up my first morning feeling like a million dollars and ready to shred.

I have the most severe case of FOMO imaginable. Are there any well heeled dentists that would like to bring me as ski caddy/food taste tester/personal assistant? I will let you get 1st tracks.

EuroBBI 2020, March 12-20 @mtlodge-sedrun

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    And lunch with buster too.

Wtf am I doing? Mesmerized by my food? Completely in awe of our morning pow sesh and still in disbelief I’m shredding pow in Switzerland? Lol!
    And the old waiter dude to Buster, “ you order two Charcuterie, I make you two!” Only you ordered one. Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    I have the most severe case of FOMO imaginable. Are there any well heeled dentists that would like to bring me as ski caddy/food taste tester/personal assistant? I will let you get 1st tracks.
    https://wwws.airfrance.us/search/sum...veConnection=1

$683 Air France, 1 stop with French attendants.