Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Just buy it here or go on line and buy the half price abo and than buy your ticket day by day on line

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando TGR Forums

Why am I not doing this !!! Hope to join next year as part of a longer trip.. Cheers

Mother Nature is getting ready for the 2020bbiName:  Image1580303531.620502.jpg
Views: 560
Size:  80.8 KB

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1580303542.178848.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	1,000.0 KB 
ID:	312840  

Quote Originally Posted by vendul View Post
    Mother Nature is getting ready for the 2020bbi
    The Hardest Workin' Man in Snow-Business

NEED TICKET CLARITY !!

So what ticket are people ordering?

I've seen 3 discussions:

1) https://winter.plus/en/half-price-pass/
    Half price subscription (41 CHF), and then each Andermatt-Sedrun-Disentis ticket is half off.

2) https://ski.ticketcorner.ch/skicard/ticketcorner
    Ticket Corner Ski Card (6 CHF), and then what happens? I don't know.

3) Buy each day from our favorite Vendul.
    It's flexible and a good deal.

Last year, I think people did #2? WHAT IS THE PLAN THIS YEAR? I'm confuuuuuused.

No no no, I don’t sell any ticket when I say here I mean at the lifts.
    With the Ticket corner card you than have to buy them online. But last year it was very convenient to get your tickets in advance, this year it’s totally not worth.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando TGR Forums

I talked to Vendul, the half price card (#2) is the best option. It's called "Halbpreis-Abo".
    You can buy it online for 41 CHF at: https://winter.plus/en/half-price-pass/

If you buy online, you never have to wait in the ticket window line, because you can charge the card at the hotel in the morning. [EDIT: I just bought it and I got a voucher PDF, so I guess I will need to go to the window first day anyway.]

Or you can go the ticket window the first day and buy a full price ticket for 84 CHF and request a free voucher for the half price card to use on subsequent days. (So it ends up costing 82 CHF instead of 81. :P )

Either way, once you have the card, each day costs 42 CHF (half off the full price of 84 CHF) and can be loaded onto your card from the hotel, skipping the line.

Note, there could be a slight reduction in the normal price ticket up to 10% based on "dynamic pricing" each day. But in any case, this half price card is for sure in the money by day 3.

So these are your options, gents!
    Last edited by carvehard; 01-31-2020 at 11:34 AM.

Would anybody be able to take a pair or two of skis back the US?

Trying to get some much wanted skis to some mags back stateside.

PM me if you think you may be able to help out

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Don't Surf View Post
    Would anybody be able to take a pair or two of skis back the US?

Trying to get some much wanted skis to some mags back stateside.

PM me if you think you may be able to help out
    I might be able to do 1 pair if I get a different ski bag.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Those the Stocklis?

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I might be able to do 1 pair if I get a different ski bag.
    That would be pretty cool, keep me updated to your plans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Those the Stocklis?
    You bet. Would like to get 2 pairs to a mag in Utah.

Train Advice!

Flying into Zurich and heading to Mt Lodge on 3/14 with Diamond Joe. Trying to navigate the train situation.

Looks like the suggested way to go is Zurich Fughafen --> Zurich HB --> Chur --> Disentis/Muster --> Sedrun. This sound about right to any that have done it from there before?

Never been to Zurich, and want to book the trains in advance. Is the train close enough that I can book one that leaves pretty soon after the flights get in?

Quote Originally Posted by wierdb View Post
    Flying into Zurich and heading to Mt Lodge on 3/14 with Diamond Joe. Trying to navigate the train situation.

Looks like the suggested way to go is Zurich Fughafen --> Zurich HB --> Chur --> Disentis/Muster --> Sedrun. This sound about right to any that have done it from there before?

Never been to Zurich, and want to book the trains in advance. Is the train close enough that I can book one that leaves pretty soon after the flights get in?
    It's super easy from ZRH; the train station is in the basement, it's obvious.

I'd give yourself about 2 hours after the flight lands to clear customs, get bags and walk down to the trains. Relax, have a coffee or food and check out the locals.

There's 2 main routes most of the time, the one you mention or the way via Goeschenen->Andermatt->Rueras which involves a little cog railway from Goeschenen->Andermatt. That was the way I went first and the way I still prefer. The cogway is short, screechy and atmospheric.

Note that whichever way you go, be sure to request the Rueras stop by pressing the green button after either Dieni (coming from West, Andermatt) or Sedrun (comeing from East, Disentis). Ask the conductor, he'll tell you.

Check https://www.sbb.ch/en/home.html for schedules. There's a train about once an hour, so don't freak about catching a train as long as your flight lands between 6:00 and 18:00.
    (edit)
    There's trains about every 2 hours outside that except 23:59-5:00 or so.

mt-lodge is down a walking path about 300 feet down from the teeny Rueras train stop. It's on the main road through Rueras.

Last edited by Buster Highmen; 02-20-2020 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Don't Surf View Post
    That would be pretty cool, keep me updated to your plans.

You bet. Would like to get 2 pairs to a mag in Utah.
    OK, I got a new roller bag. I'll be bombing around in a car after Rueras, but will be @ the Moevenpick the night before I fly out.
    How much does each pair weigh? I have a max of 23kg/50lbs.

Definitely getting excited about trip. Glad we thrashed out the ticket thing, I was following.

Plan to buy the Austrian insurance as it seems better for my needs, although a bit more than the Swiss. Checked the American Alpine Club insurance and it is weak

Bringing Blizzard 0G 108 with vipec bindings, but not sold on bringing my Blizzard Spur og as lift served powder slaying monsters. Will check with vendul see what he has. I might be able to get a pair to the east coast and ship after

completely jealous of all participating in this...am planning next winter visit to the Mt Lodge Sedrun with the Mrs Scooter...won't be part of the EuroBBi2021...more of a romantic anniversary shred fest in the alps...with food and drink, natch! This thread has been tremendous help to plan!!

>>>IMPORTANT<<<
    Communication:
    0) Have a valid cell phone that works in Yurp.
    1) We should set up a WhatsApp group to communicate.
    There's lots of reasons, particularly if someone gets lost or in trouble. Or meet for beer and charcuterie at a particular locale.
    So send me your cell number satisfying condition 0.

Also:

>>>> IF YOU WANT TO DO THE MONDAY TOUR with Dan Loutrel/Andermatt-Guides which may be somewhat looney, please fill out the poll in Hookups <<<<
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...tions-(Take-2).

So far, there's me, CatIJ, Carvehard, Nordekette (please fill it out, I can't keep track of email, PMs and e-pigeons from the 8 corners of the glub) and FatKidFromFL . Guide fee is $650 + tip.

If you don't sign up, don't expect to go because I have to tell Danny the deal shortly.

So, if one want to do a more low key guided trip, is Andermatt-Guides the way to go no matter what?

Quote Originally Posted by 2bjenny View Post
    So, if one want to do a more low key guided trip, is Andermatt-Guides the way to go no matter what?
    There are other guides, some of whom work closely with vendul.
    I just happen to know Danny and have had a gas skiing around Andermatt/Airolo with he and his wife; great folks. He's an expat American, his wife is Swiss. He is a fiend and arguably one of the most well versed people around Andermatt when it comes to finding pow. He also knows a bunch of the private farmers lifts which are super fun.

Did you look into their shred crew deal: http://www.andermatt-guides.ch/EN/off.html .?

If you have questions, email him and ask, you can reference me.

There are other guides, some of whom work closely with vendul.
    I just happen to know Danny and have had a gas skiing around Andermatt/Airolo with he and his wife; great folks. He's an expat American, his wife is Swiss. He is a fiend and arguably one of the most well versed people around Andermatt when it comes to finding pow. He also knows a bunch of the private farmers lifts which are super fun.

Did you look into their shred crew deal: http://www.andermatt-guides.ch/EN/off.html .?

If you have questions, email him and ask, you can reference me.
    Thanks! Was just curious. One of my friends that is coming along was looking on the web and asking about a guided trip. My advice to her was to just wait until we got there - Vendul would know what our best options would be.

So far, there's me, CatIJ, Carvehard, Nordekette (please fill it out, I can't keep track of email, PMs and e-pigeons from the 8 corners of the glub) and FatKidFromFL .
    I’m a no-go. I don’t arrive until Sunday night, and I can’t bring equipment, so I’m expecting to have to get boots/skis/etc Monday morning. I was hoping I would be able to manage bringing my stuff, but I can not. I also haven’t taken any turns since sept., and going after the serious gnar as a season-opener on untested-rentals seems a little... bold.

Quote Originally Posted by 2bjenny View Post
    Thanks! Was just curious. One of my friends that is coming along was looking on the web and asking about a guided trip. My advice to her was to just wait until we got there - Vendul would know what our best options would be.
    I really recommend Danny's company. I think doebedoe would as well.

Quote Originally Posted by FatKidFromFL View Post
    I’m a no-go. I don’t arrive until Sunday night, and I can’t bring equipment, so I’m expecting to have to get boots/skis/etc Monday morning. I was hoping I would be able to manage bringing my stuff, but I can not. I also haven’t taken any turns since sept., and going after the serious gnar as a season-opener on untested-rentals seems a little... bold.
    OK, will appraise Dan et al.

Quote Originally Posted by wierdb View Post

What time is your arrival to Zurich? Last year my wife and I arrived about 3 pm, had a luggage snafu so didn't get out of there for at least a couple of hours. As a result of that, the last "train" from Disentis to Rueras was a minibus. Just a head's up that if you get into Disentis after 7(?) you might need to be looking for a bus not a train. It's no big deal. It loads up about 40 feet from where you would get on the train, but just worth being aware of when you come rolling off that train jet lagged and sleepy. We only found out by nervously wandering around asking questions on a dark and deserted train ramp.