Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28
    Hey vendul! I hope you and yours are well.

sbb is the Swiss train system.

This has lots of information, including routes, stations (bahnhof), cost, services like storage and luggage: https://www.sbb.ch/en/home.html
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Hi Buster!!! We're doing great thanks... hope you, the others and families are also doing good!
    Today we woke up into a white Sedrun ... I just hope the clouds will save some snow left for next winter as well This winter was insane; but we really missed you all.
    Hope to get to ski with as many maggots as possible this coming winter !!!!

Too early to tell the wife I am taking another ski vacation without her but I have leverage as I have a birthday this winter and the last digit is a zero. Hopefully airfare is manageable. Would be cool to fill the lodge with mags

Penciled the dates in. Hope to make this happen as I stare at the pics in my office every morning from the first trip. Good to see some OG trip mags trying to go as well as some new guys. Filling the lodge would be sweet. I’m down to be DD for a St. Moritz trip again or wherever. Those roads are fun and frightening at the same time!

As long as I can dibs the copilot seat. FKNA that was a vibey full moon drive.

Might try to convince the spouse to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post

Do it do it!! Mrs SL will appreciate a solid maggette contingent!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Penciled in. Gonna ask the wife too. Not going to be a difficult sell... “hey do you wanna go to yurp?”

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post

Would want no other mang.

Just try not to lose the van again please

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Just try not to lose the van again please
    Heh. I was glad it found it’s way back to the exact spot I parked it.

I might as well put this out there: my son has spring break March 19-27, so there's a chance I may defer Yurping until that interval so that he and my wife could come. I started this Yurping madness with her 25 years ago and now that the kids are grown, I'd really like to do it again.

But go ahead and make whatever plans fit your schedules.

If no one fires up a EuroBBI2022 thread before September, I'll see if I can coordinate with vendul to post one up.

Hopefully by that time, flight costs will be available and we can kick around itineraries. For now, I'm thinking Rueras @ mt-lodge will be the focus with day trips from there as well as a few days around Klosters/Davos in the interval March 10-30.

I'll just put this here when no one is looking:
    https://www.outdooractive.com/en/rou...33999747/#dm=1

Flights are dropping back to more reasonable cost, about $650 SEA<->ZRH.
    Last edited by Buster Highmen; 07-07-2021 at 09:29 AM.

My birthday is the second week of March, I think I’d like to celebrate it in the Alps next year.

Back in the 90s when we first skied around Yurp, I met a hipster from Aspen who was a regular on the La Grave, Engelberg, Via Lattea, etc circuit. He wasn't rich per se, but every year, he'd float a guy airfare and most ground costs to ski. Those recipients were pretty pumped.

I've been thinking that tradition should be continued. I've been really lucky and I've got a few extra scheckels I could toss in a pot to support a skilarship like that.

If a few other folks that have been fortunate could chip in and those interested in receiving the benefit could throw their hats in the ring, that would be cool. We'd run a lottery and float someone the trip.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Back in the 90s when we first skied around Yurp, I met a hipster from Aspen who was a regular on the La Grave, Engelberg, Via Lattea, etc circuit. He wasn't rich per se, but every year, he'd float a guy airfare and most ground costs to ski. Those recipients were pretty pumped.

I've been thinking that tradition should be continued. I've been really lucky and I've got a few extra scheckels I could toss in a pot to support a skilarship like that.

If a few other folks that have been fortunate could chip in and those interested in receiving the benefit could throw their hats in the ring, that would be cool. We'd run a lottery and float someone the trip.

Thoughts?
    excellent idea. get yeti's name in the bucket, stat. i'll put up a hundred bucks.

Fuckin' radness.

yeti is at the top of my list as well.
    Skiing Yurp is just so fucking mind blowing, it would be great to turn as many people onto it as possible.
    (edit)
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I think that candidates should volunteer to be in. They'll have to make plans and get vacation time.

Then either have an impartial lottery or let those that contribute to the skilarship vote.

vendul, while that's very magnanimous, I don't think you should bear the entire cost of room, board and beer. We have to make sure mtn-lodge.com is profitable.
    Last edited by Buster Highmen; 07-15-2021 at 12:13 PM.

I can obviously chip in room and board! No Beers though🤣🤣🤣 just kidding... skiing Europe without Beer is like touring Napa without wine

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by vendul View Post
    skiing Europe without Beer is like touring Napa without wine
    I'd take skiing in Europe without beer over Napa with wine

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post

Thoughts?

Do it dude.
    And for the rest of us there is AFRC