Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    The European Union is not planning to suspend the Schengen Agreement, not even partially, despite the Coronavirus outbreak all over Europe now
    This matches what I'm seeing here in France. No talk of closing the borders. The EU nation health ministers met on Tuesday and agreed it would be ineffective to close borders given the economic toll. Instead, they decided to continue isolating local outbreaks.

If the USA doesn't restrict travel, you should be fine getting here. I got a travel warning from the US Embassy this week that was very subdued:

The CDC has issued a Level 2 Travel Health Notice for Italy. At this time, CDC does not recommend canceling or postponing travel to Italy. Italy remains a Level-Two based on the longstanding risk presented by terrorist groups, who continue plotting possible attacks in Italy.
    I flew from Paris to Berlin on Thursday. No temperature checks in either country, but apparently Italy is doing them in the airports.

The tension is palpable though, with several people wearing masks, an understandable but impotent attempt to exercise control.

I feel like as things continue to snow ball and go full pandemic, the risk of travel restrictions will actually go down, since they will be pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    You have so many variables that this might not help you, but I read on another forum today that some airlines were changing flights to/from Milan to other airports gratis on request. If you found out your work gig was cancelled and if you still wanted to go, maybe you would be able to change your flight back to the US as out of Zurich, Munich or something else that kept you out of northern Italy.

Appreciate it. My tix are with United; they are being extremely uncooperative compared to other carriers. At the moment their CSReps are saying that there is nothing they will do. I'm glued to the news at this point, checking about every 4 minutes.
    The Hardest Workin' Man in Snow-Business

Quote Originally Posted by GBB View Post
    Enjoy the turns this year fellas and please give Vendul our warmest salutations!Attachment 317862
    That day was unreal and I really miss waiting there for the train.

Bookend?:

Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    That day was unreal and I really miss waiting there for the train.
    You’re going to have to be more specific since all the days were unreal.

Just read that the Geneva Auto show is cancelled due to a government decree, any gatherings of 1,000 or more people are not permitted during this crisis. Anyone know if a ski area with 1,000 + visitors on a given day would fall under this new order? Hope not but rather alarming development.

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    You’re going to have to be more specific since all the days were unreal.
    True,true......

I believe you're correct, Buster. Twas a great one.

Quote Originally Posted by L82thegate View Post
    Just read that the Geneva Auto show is cancelled due to a government decree, any gatherings of 1,000 or more people are not permitted during this crisis. Anyone know if a ski area with 1,000 + visitors on a given day would fall under this new order? Hope not but rather alarming development.
    No, its for gatherings like concerts or other event which people would be in a crowd together. However if there was a local outbreak in a ski village, probably.

Canton bern just lowered it to 250+ people events. News round up:
    https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/politic...-case/45582788

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

https://unofficialnetworks.com/2020/...o-coronavirus/
    No spectators allowed for the World Cup finals in Italy
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

Quote Originally Posted by L82thegate View Post
    This link says the event ban doesn’t currently affect ski areas. It’s hard to talk about this because it’s all changing so fast. Important details and our opinions this instant will be ancient history by Monday. The fact that there is a ban and and other measures they put in place proactively when only a few cases had been identified is a big positive. Italy’s proximity, severity and reactive quarantining can’t be ignored.

Still a go right now!!!!

https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/coronav...eople/45585378

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I spoke to the tourism office heads in Chur and thy ensure that no flights will be canceled and that there won’t be any issue for incoming travelers... on the other end big events will be canceled.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando TGR Forums

Thinking of jumping onto the EuroBBI last minute, at least for a few days when the weather is good...
    @Vendal: Sent you a pm to see if there are any spots vacant. (crossing fingers someone canceled), otherwise will try and arrange accommodations in the area.

Have you guys/gals started a Whatsapp chat yet? How do I get on it.

Send buster a pm with your number.
    Or rontele if you've been here longer than 2010.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by bongora3 View Post
    Thinking of jumping onto the EuroBBI last minute, at least for a few days when the weather is good...
    @Vendal: Sent you a pm to see if there are any spots vacant. (crossing fingers someone canceled), otherwise will try and arrange accommodations in the area.

Have you guys/gals started a Whatsapp chat yet? How do I get on it.
    We are going to have our 2 spots available. I’m holding off on contacting vendul, awaiting confirmation from work that we are cancelling. I’ll let you know shortly. I expect within the next two days.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Send buster a pm with your number.
    Or rontele if you've been here longer than 2010.
    Got it,

Thx

damn, i forgot how much that 50lb weight limit sucks. this packing is a struggle.

hoping travel works out for everyone

Quote Originally Posted by shroom View Post
    damn, i forgot how much that 50lb weight limit sucks. this packing is a struggle.

50 lbs is a problem? you taking dressy attire for Vendul's?

50 lbs is a problem? you taking dressy attire for Vendul's?
    I like to wear a different tux every day I ski. Not sure what you heathens do...

Quote Originally Posted by bw_wp_hedonism View Post
    I like to wear a different tux every day I ski. Not sure what you heathens do...
    I cultivate an aroma like Tacoma on the poma.

Quote Originally Posted by shroom View Post

Norseman has your answer

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    All ye punterz! Leave thine stupid heavy skis in the past, or at least in the resort category, for the age of lightweight pussy sticks is upon us! Behold! Keep up with the randocommandos on their carbon blades of shortness! Break thine tibias into spiral splinters with pintech extravagance!

xpost from Snow for the Euros

I'm gonna x-post this to EuroBBi so skip it if you already read it there.

Ok, apologies in advance, cause this might be a little long. Arriving Zurich Sunday a.m. with 4 other guys from the US (non-mags), planning their first Euro ski trip (Zermatt then Jungfrau). I know one of the guys, so I was invited to join in. My plan was train to Zermatt for Sunday-Wednesday, then train to Klosters Wednesday night to meet up with EuroBBI contigent and then on to Vendul's Friday and back to the US out of Zurich the following Wednesday. So, 9 days playing in the snow, 3 Zermatt, 2 Klosters, 4 whatever Vendul comes up with for us.

All 4 of the other guys bailed due to COVID concerns this morning. I'm still not inclined to do so with the stuff blowing up all over the states now too. But I now have totally flexibility on the front end of the trip. I could of course simply go on to Zermatt solo, but the trip from Zermatt to Klosters is a bitch. I love Swiss train travel, but it's nearly 6 hours. So, I want to evaluate other options. I could just go straight to Klosters, but I don't think any other mags will be there as early as skiing on Monday amirite? Aletsch Arena looks interesting, but that's a pretty long train trip to Klosters too, and again i would be solo. I'm pretty comfortable solo, so I'm definitely not ruling anything out on that basis, but it's not a positive...St. Moritz looks like my most efficient option travel wise. Easy to get there Sunday 3+ hours and then less than 2 hours to Klosters. I have one ski day to my credit in (St. Mo last year's BBI), so that would basically be fresh meat for me. How's the snow in Engadin this year and any mags around early next week. Any other options with good logistics occur to anyone?

WWMD

All 4 of the other guys bailed due to COVID concerns this morning.....
    I'm not one of the those guys.... but....

I got official word yesterday that the gig is cancelled and so is my trip to Yurp. Sorry fellas.
    The Hardest Workin' Man in Snow-Business

xpost from Snow for the Euros

I could just go straight to Klosters, but I don't think any other mags will be there as early as skiing on Monday amirite? Aletsch Arena looks interesting, but that's a pretty long train trip to Klosters too, and again i would be solo. I'm pretty comfortable solo, so I'm definitely not ruling anything out on that basis, but it's not a positive...St. Moritz looks like my most efficient option travel wise. Easy to get there Sunday 3+ hours and then less than 2 hours to Klosters. I have one ski day to my credit in (St. Mo last year's BBI), so that would basically be fresh meat for me. How's the snow in Engadin this year and any mags around early next week. Any other options with good logistics occur to anyone?

WWMD
    Some of us will be in Klosters by Tuesday the 10th, others earlier.

You might try the WhatsApp group to ping others.

Quote Originally Posted by FatKidFromFL View Post
    I'm not one of the those guys.... but....

I got official word yesterday that the gig is cancelled and so is my trip to Yurp. Sorry fellas.
    Bummer; don't look at the forecast.