Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vendul View Post
    Last year we had all sorts of skiers and I think all had the same amount of fun... trust me

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando TGR Forums
    it's worth it just to ski groomers. If I'm gonna ski groomers, I would rather do it in Europe than the states. It's cheaper there and the food and scenery are better.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Don't worry about not keeping up. Fact is, there are some really exceptional skiers on this forum. But lots of variation in how hard various people want to go all day. If you can ski most of Jackson's tram with some confidence, you'll have a great time.

I don't see it worth it just to cruise groomers, but I could be wrong on that front to. After all, the food, drink, and scenery are $$$$.
    Lol! we should be fine, and up for some side country, off-piste stuff. Neither of us has toured much, just a couple of guided side trips of the tram with lots of falling involved. Need more practice! I just tend to get inside my own head. She's now shopping for bindings for skis she picked up end of last season, so I guess these means we are probably in.

It sounds like if I don't feel like bringing skis, there are plenty to rent?

Quote Originally Posted by 2bjenny View Post
    Lol! we should be fine, and up for some side country, off-piste stuff. Neither of us has toured much, just a couple of guided side trips of the tram with lots of falling involved. Need more practice! I just tend to get inside my own head. She's now shopping for bindings for skis she picked up end of last season, so I guess these means we are probably in.

It sounds like if I don't feel like bringing skis, there are plenty to rent?
    yes, there is a good rental shop less than a mile down the road from Mt. Lodge. We rented skis for my wife there last year. As someone noted above, most of the rentals in Europe are not the typical Mag-type ski, but they will have some things that are a bit wider underfoot.

what does the pass run since prices are not up?
    what if one was doing like 12 days?
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

EuroBBI 2020, March 12-20 @mtlodge-sedrun

If I remember correctly you need to string at least 5-6 days together to get price equaling $45ish a day. I’d guess $500 for 12.
    Note they sell as consecutive days, not a punchcard or 5 out of 7 day type thing. Also remember Weds being a super cheap local type day. So if you can overlap two of those it equals a free square..

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    12 days at the Arena, guessing around $450.

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    They went to a dynamic pricing model last year so can't really answer that one for you. The further out you bought, the cheaper the price. In general, however, lift tickets are dramatically less expensive in Euro land than in North America and the breakeven on passes is at a significantly higher number of days than over here. Even if you were doing 12 days, best guess would be that just buying those 12 days a month or so in advance would be your best bet and my best wildass guess on that 6 months out would be approximately $600.

I was just buying day of last year, and other participants from last year correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall 60-70 ChF per day. Exchange rate very nearly on par, which is very helpful for calculating your bar tab when already lit.
    ETA: You boys are fast. Looks like we all have a similar recollection though.

Definitely buy as early as possible for lowest price.

I got 14? Days for somewhere around $450

Days also vary in price. I skied some days for 23chf and others at 42chf.

I paid 181 Chf for 5 days. That deal for that lift system beats any deal stateside.

This was Norse's:

Weren't one of the days 10chf?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Yeah that Wednesday was like 18 CHF

The dynamic pricing fucks all of the "local tourists" like me and other "no season pass living close by skiers." make sense from their point of view i guess. I mean who skis andermatt for the groomers? so weekend blue bird powderdays are 76chf instead of 60something now.

so if you plan in advance, get the full 7, 10 or 12 days thing instead of day passes.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Val Roseg, Corvatsch, St. Moritz, Switzerland

Dentist pow:

Last edited by Buster Highmen; 09-21-2019 at 12:09 PM.

Room at Mt-Lodge is booked. Very efficient online booking. Payment options include paypal.

Dan Loutrel, Birdo, of Birdos Skis and founder of http://www.andermatt-guides.ch/EN/about.html is available on March 16 and 17th, so I'm committing to a day.
    As details converge, I'll post them up., likely for some big pow lines in obscure couloirs around Andermatt/Disentis.

He can take a few more people, but would like to keep the group small. pm for details.

Note that he also usually does a Sunday Funday group freeride deal which meets at the bottom of the Gemsstock Sundays @ 8:30 am: http://www.andermatt-guides.ch/EN/sunday-funday.html

Danny and Serigna:

2:20 for the win....

electricity.

Dan's a real good skier and a real good guide. Plus his boston-come-swiss-german accent is almost as funny as his jokes.

And non the less a great ski manufacturer!!! To bad ha gave that up to commit % to skiing and guiding... but who could blame him for that?!?

We are in for sure it looks like, I'll book rooms soon. Now, trying to decide on flying in to Zurich vs. Milan. Any advice? Friend that lives in Zurich and may join us for a day or too says the train ride is only an hour longer from Milan.

Well, if you want to spend a couple of days in Milan (which is a lot cooler and has lot more to do than Zürich) it makes sense, or if you save a load on your airfare... otherwise Swiss railways are much more efficient ...

Hmmm, It has been a while, but i have experienced the Italian railways. What about renting a car and driving from Milan? My friend is asking, though that seems like that would wipe out any savings from flying to Milan. I knew she would make this complicated.

EuroBBI 2020, March 12-20 @mtlodge-sedrun

If you are spending more than a week in the alps I would stick to the train and if you can save some money fly in to Milan

My friend Brian used to live in Milan and took the train to Andermatt all the time.
    With the new tunnel, you'll have to change in Erstfeld, shuttle back to Goeschenen, change there, then ride up to Andermatt and possibly change again to get to Rueras.

SBB will give you routes : https://www.sbb.ch/en/home.html

Both Goeschenen and Andermatt are tiny bahnhofs, so the worst is having to go down 1 flight, under 1 set of tracks, then back up.

A car is less efficient and a hassle to park in Andermatt. Plus, can you guarantee a snow sure car with snow tires in Milan?

FWIW, I usually go in through Zurich. Swiss efficiency and all that. Geneva is super easy too.

Sometimes there's good flights through Basel which is a little more hassle with a shuttle bus going from BSL to the SBB train station. Basel is really cool, some killer restaurants there.
    Last edited by Buster Highmen; 09-26-2019 at 06:11 PM.

Thanks! I Got Milan nixed. Those were my concerns about driving. Since I’m not using miles for my flight, I negotiated that I get to choose we’re we fly. I was thinking about stopping in Paris for a few days on the way, then taking the train to Zurich since it looks like there’s a direct train from Gare de Lyon. Otherwise, it will be in to Zurich.