Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    - prices for the SkiArena will be out starting this week, as soon as they are out I’ll post the best deals here
    - I would also rent touring gear and bring my own alpine
    - tomorrow I’ll post a chart with all the activities and tours and their eventual prices

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    ^^ thanks guys
    i usually just wing shit,.
    So do I.
    Stuff generally works out.

If you want to nail shit down, just ask me or vendul. I know a bunch of different cool shit to ski and do around there. Like Luzerne, Engleberg, and the secret stashes of Swiss farmers lifts. But really, Andermatt alone is a riot and mindblowing.

I bungled the guiding thing last year so some people didn't get to do the Oberalpstock about which I felt bad.

So I'm locking down the best guide I know there.

I think that Monday the 16th is really the only thing we need to iron out now.

vendul will surprise us with tasty ski treats when we get there. I think the day in St. Moritz was pretty damn fun last year.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by vendul View Post
    - tomorrow I’ll post a chart with all the activities and tours and their eventual prices
    Will there be a powerpoint slide deck?

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    So do I.
    Stuff generally works out.

But really, Andermatt alone is a riot and mindblowing.

I bungled the guiding thing last year so some people didn't get to do the Oberalpstock about which I felt bad.

vendul will surprise us with tasty ski treats when we get there. I think the day in St. Moritz was pretty damn fun last year.
    Most days were decided the night before or that morning.

Andermatt is a total riot!

Do not worry about Oberalpstock man. That was our/my own decision to back out. I personally feel as I made the right one as my day that day was a great ending to what was an unbelievable trip. Would I like to do it again, hell yes but with a smaller group. Not a fan of big groups on missions such as that, it’s just a personal thing.
    St. Moritz was/is one the top ski adventure days of my life. Complete from start to finish.

Agree 100% don’t feel bad buster, it was a personal choice and I had a great day in the sunshine skiing steep corn at disentis

Hey, I'm trying to learn from msitakes. I's gots no lusions bout being poifekt but I'm fukin still at getin beter.

So this year, I'll take the lead on getting the guiding thing set up. If we get a bunch of people committed, we can divide them into groups based on goals and abilities, set expectations more accurately and folks will have a great time.

and the secret stashes of Swiss farmers lifts.
    this sounds pretty rad

-
    Will there be a powerpoint slide deck?
    yep, gonna need to know what dayz its gonna snow too, surely these forecasts are available 180+ days out ,need to plan if i'm gonna go with my kjus or Barnies o norway kits, or... bogner fur fart bag for perfect after apres win, .....we always have weather dialed for the zones i occupy years (hell decades) in advance....so this should be ez
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

yep, gonna need to know what dayz its gonna snow too, surely these forecasts are available 180+ days out ,need to plan if i'm gonna go with my kjus or Barnies o norway kits, or... bogner fur fart bag for perfect after apres win, .....we always have weather dialed for the zones i occupy years (hell decades) in advance....so this should be ez
    do i need to do this fo dis post?....... ; ) surely not....lol
    www.freeridesystems.com

have committed to airfare. lodging is next.

Awesome!!! 🕺🕺🕺

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Said to myself last year that I would do a guide at Andermatt if going back. I would be in that group for sure if going. Killer lines that have hidden routes to get to them and seemed no one was skiing them. A couple lines I want never got skied so route finding without a boot pack to follow was not wise for a noob for the area. Easy to get yourself into a shitty location.
    Felsental, Hospental, Giraffe... We hit many of the classic Andermatt lines last year.
    For people with their own medical insurance and snow safety skills, I will happily lead a few more adventurous guys around again.
    There's still several things we didn't do last year on the Gemstock...
    - James Couloir, a short boot pack.
    - Some tram face couloirs.
    - Hans im Gluck (my favorite route from when Andermatt was my home mountain!), a no-fall ridge line traverse leading to 2,000 vertical meters of steep and fresh wide open lines. Conditions weren't right for it last year, but I used to lap this all day when I was based here. Blissssss!

Quote Originally Posted by carvehard View Post
    Felsental, Hospental, Giraffe... We hit many of the classic Andermatt lines last year.
    For people with their own medical insurance and snow safety skills, I will happily lead a few more adventurous guys around again.
    There's still several things we didn't do last year on the Gemstock...
    - James Couloir, a short boot pack.
    - Some tram face couloirs.
    - Hans im Gluck (my favorite route from when Andermatt was my home mountain!), a no-fall ridge line traverse leading to 2,000 vertical meters of steep and fresh wide open lines. Conditions weren't right for it last year, but I used to lap this all day when I was based here. Blissssss!
    I know! Just that there were some on the tram face that kept calling my name.
    Bummed I’m gonna miss skiing with you this time around man.

I‘m sure you’ll ski a lot even at home... Woody is also close by now

Somehow missed this until now. Subscribed.

i realize im asking jong city quesitons.....but in eurp jong/noob.....trying to get very topical understanding.... i see all these lift systems spread out all over the place (in red) is there a pass that covers them all? or at least many of them that are in a general geographic area?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eurp.png 
Views:	74 
Size:	936.0 KB 
ID:	295884
    www.freeridesystems.com

Micol: are you staying the whole time at Mt. Lodge, Sedrun??
    If that answer is yes, then get a ski Arena pass and include Desentis for all your dates there. That covers all lifts from Desentis to Andermatt.

i realize im asking jong city quesitons.....but in eurp jong/noob.....trying to get very topical understanding.... i see all these lift systems spread out all over the place (in red) is there a pass that covers them all? or at least many of them that are in a general geographic area?

Retune your expectations - I stayed in Sedrun for 2 weeks and didn’t even ski everything there. These places are fucking massive

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Retune your expectations - I stayed in Sedrun for 2 weeks and didn’t even ski everything there. These places are fucking massive
    k

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Micol: are you staying the whole time at Mt. Lodge, Sedrun??
    If that answer is yes, then get a ski Arena pass and include Desentis for all your dates there. That covers all lifts from Desentis to Andermatt.
    i dont know yet.....still working thru some ideas....ranged from a month there randomly traveling by rental car, stop in during bbi, to several weeks in mt lodge winging it, too........
    www.freeridesystems.com

Ok, i know I said I was going to post a chart, but it's taking me longer than thought... Give one more day.
    What you posted are some smaller ski resorts in the Austrian preAlps... Great skiing there too, I think you can get a pas that combines them, but not sure.

Ok, i know I said I was going to post a chart, but it's taking me longer than thought... Give one more day.
    What you posted are some smaller ski resorts in the Austrian preAlps... Great skiing there too, I think you can get a pas that combines them, but not sure.
    i wasnt specifically targeting that area....just when i zoomed in with goggle maps....turns out that this is like ski area 'central' and that there were tons and tons of places.....everywhere.....
    www.freeridesystems.com

@MiCol: what are you looking for during your trip?
    % of Touring?
    % Freeride?
    % Pistes?
    % Apres ski?
    % colture/sightseeing?

i wasnt specifically targeting that area....just when i zoomed in with goggle maps....turns out that this is like ski area 'central' and that there were tons and tons of places.....everywhere.....
    Everything on this map is included in the SkiArena Andermatt-Disentis pass. Including the train between them.

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	83 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	295888

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Everything on this map is included in the SkiArena Andermatt-Disentis pass. Including the train between them.

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	83 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	295888
    But google isn't updated, there's a bunch of lifts missing here

@MiCol: what are you looking for during your trip?
    % of Touring?
    % Freeride?
    % Pistes?
    % Apres ski?
    % colture/sightseeing?
    pow
    www.freeridesystems.com

🤣🤣🤣 100% pow, 0%the Rest?