Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Santa Cruz

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    Well the darndest thing... My top tube paint is starting to look like it's delaminating...

Now I have to find my receipt and go down the warranty road.... I sweat a lot, but am pretty good about wiping down/washing this bike, so I'm a little surprised.
    It's definitely a problem. Now that I've been down that road more people are saying the same about their bike. Even my plastic handlebars have a spot that is flaking. Salt is tough stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    It's definitely a problem. Now that I've been down that road more people are saying the same about their bike. Even my plastic handlebars have a spot that is flaking. Salt is tough stuff.
    Seems like they are top notch.. I just failed on my end to actually register the bike when I should of (who wants to pull a shock mount screw out)...

We'll see what they have in stock for Hightower LTs or what they'll warranty.

Hmm, actually my plastic SC bars are showing some unusual surface wear in the clear coat after 3-4 seasons. Maybe I’ll send some pics their way ...

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

My bars are raceface. I bet a lot of these guys are using the same clearcoat product.

Plastic bars?!?

YOU GUYS GON' DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    Seems like they are top notch.. I just failed on my end to actually register the bike when I should of (who wants to pull a shock mount screw out)...

We'll see what they have in stock for Hightower LTs or what they'll warranty.
    Well, one submission and an email later and we're moving forward with replacement.... wow, that's amazing service. And since it's cosmetic, it sounds like I just need to donate my existing bike. Replacement will need a 160mm 29er fork though... so, anyone interested in a FOX 36 Float Performance Elite 150mm

Just get a new air shaft assembly? It's like a $40 part and 1 beer job.

Also, interesting to see these issues with the paint. The Nomad I used to have had a bunch of what appeared to be fading up around the head tube. I had the "stealth" color, and it looked like the gloss finish had dissolved off. I wondered if the previous owner had gotten some DOT fluid on it, but didn't think so because the bike came with XT brakes. I never used any particularly strong soap, just Muc-Off.

Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    Just get a new air shaft assembly? It's like a $40 part and 1 beer job.

Also, interesting to see these issues with the paint. The Nomad I used to have had a bunch of what appeared to be fading up around the head tube. I had the "stealth" color, and it looked like the gloss finish had dissolved off. I wondered if the previous owner had gotten some DOT fluid on it, but didn't think so because the bike came with XT brakes. I never used any particularly strong soap, just Muc-Off.
    Just realized this when I was looking into it..... but, I thought I had a good excuse to upgrade the fork

Mine is right below my nose (literally), so I attributed it to sweat.