Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Santa Cruz

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    Well the darndest thing... My top tube paint is starting to look like it's delaminating...

Now I have to find my receipt and go down the warranty road.... I sweat a lot, but am pretty good about wiping down/washing this bike, so I'm a little surprised.
    It's definitely a problem. Now that I've been down that road more people are saying the same about their bike. Even my plastic handlebars have a spot that is flaking. Salt is tough stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    It's definitely a problem. Now that I've been down that road more people are saying the same about their bike. Even my plastic handlebars have a spot that is flaking. Salt is tough stuff.
    Seems like they are top notch.. I just failed on my end to actually register the bike when I should of (who wants to pull a shock mount screw out)...

We'll see what they have in stock for Hightower LTs or what they'll warranty.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Hmm, actually my plastic SC bars are showing some unusual surface wear in the clear coat after 3-4 seasons. Maybe I’ll send some pics their way ...

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

My bars are raceface. I bet a lot of these guys are using the same clearcoat product.

Plastic bars?!?

YOU GUYS GON' DIE!!!

Seems like they are top notch.. I just failed on my end to actually register the bike when I should of (who wants to pull a shock mount screw out)...

We'll see what they have in stock for Hightower LTs or what they'll warranty.
    Well, one submission and an email later and we're moving forward with replacement.... wow, that's amazing service. And since it's cosmetic, it sounds like I just need to donate my existing bike. Replacement will need a 160mm 29er fork though... so, anyone interested in a FOX 36 Float Performance Elite 150mm
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.

Just get a new air shaft assembly? It's like a $40 part and 1 beer job.

Also, interesting to see these issues with the paint. The Nomad I used to have had a bunch of what appeared to be fading up around the head tube. I had the "stealth" color, and it looked like the gloss finish had dissolved off. I wondered if the previous owner had gotten some DOT fluid on it, but didn't think so because the bike came with XT brakes. I never used any particularly strong soap, just Muc-Off.

Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    Just get a new air shaft assembly? It's like a $40 part and 1 beer job.

Also, interesting to see these issues with the paint. The Nomad I used to have had a bunch of what appeared to be fading up around the head tube. I had the "stealth" color, and it looked like the gloss finish had dissolved off. I wondered if the previous owner had gotten some DOT fluid on it, but didn't think so because the bike came with XT brakes. I never used any particularly strong soap, just Muc-Off.
    Just realized this when I was looking into it..... but, I thought I had a good excuse to upgrade the fork

Mine is right below my nose (literally), so I attributed it to sweat.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

Santa Cruz

So, this is getting built up as I type:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9232.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	299969
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

Build your own fucking bike.

If you plan on keeping the Super Deluxe Air, consider a retune as it comes stock Med/Med and that's what seems to be mostly responsible for the 'harsh' ride of the Megatower. I believe this is what either Vorsprung or Fluid Function (Whistler custom tune shop) promote...worth talking to anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    Build your own fucking bike.
    I wouldn't have it done for a few weeks, and don't own the tools, and can help keep a mechanic employed while it snows.. but thanks anyway for the fucking advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    If you plan on keeping the Super Deluxe Air, consider a retune as it comes stock Med/Med and that's what seems to be mostly responsible for the 'harsh' ride of the Megatower. I believe this is what either Vorsprung or Fluid Function (Whistler custom tune shop) promote...worth talking to anyway.
    That's what the MTBR crowd has been squawking about. Seems like there are a dozen people complaining and a few thousand not, so we'll see if I fit within that things sweet spot or not, if not megneg or whatever has been discussed. I'd rather put my money into a better set of wheels/upgrading the hubs.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

That's what the MTBR crowd has been squawking about. Seems like there are a dozen people complaining and a few thousand not, so we'll see if I fit within that things sweet spot or not, if not megneg or whatever has been discussed. I'd rather put my money into a better set of wheels/upgrading the hubs.
    MTBR info is generally useless IMO on the Megatower, same few dudes spewing misinformed verbal diarrhoea. I'm speaking from my experiences riding the Mega and the multitude of friends, tuners, and shop peeps around Western Canada who ride the bike with the general consensus seemingly:
    Coil shock=good
    Stock Air shock=not so good
    Megneg does NOT seem well suited to this bike as it's progressive enough and doesn't require the added progressivety of the Megneg can. The Hightower runs nice with the stock air can as it comes with a Low/Low tune where the Megatower is more 'race' tuned with the Med/Med. Anyways, just adding a datapoint and personally would send my shock into Vorsprung for a change.

I wouldn't have it done for a few weeks, and don't own the tools, and can help keep a mechanic employed while it snows.. but thanks anyway for the fucking advice.
    EXACTLY why I don't mount my own fucking bindings.

I was just giving ya shit. That said, building bikes is one of my very favorite things to do. It's like meditation for me.

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    MTBR info is generally useless IMO on the Megatower, same few dudes spewing misinformed verbal diarrhoea. I'm speaking from my experiences riding the Mega and the multitude of friends, tuners, and shop peeps around Western Canada who ride the bike with the general consensus seemingly:
    Coil shock=good
    Stock Air shock=not so good
    Megneg does NOT seem well suited to this bike as it's progressive enough and doesn't require the added progressivety of the Megneg can. The Hightower runs nice with the stock air can as it comes with a Low/Low tune where the Megatower is more 'race' tuned with the Med/Med. Anyways, just adding a datapoint and personally would send my shock into Vorsprung for a change.
    Thanks! The megneg can is new info, the rest is what I've gathered too. Maybe santa will be nice with a coil shock or something. I kinda want to stay air as the thing is a pig, wonder how the fox performs with this bike.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    EXACTLY why I don't mount my own fucking bindings.

I was just giving ya shit. That said, building bikes is one of my very favorite things to do. It's like meditation for me.
    I meditate when climbing... hence why I want the damn thing so I can go get my last ride in the desert before skinning here.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

Just curious: what pushed you towards the Mega vs. any number of other good enduro bikes right now?

I ask because I've had incredible experiences with SC in the past, but have been really reluctant to even bother trying the Mega because it's so much bike (and the stock tune is bad). Hightower would probably be enough for me, but no coil = no go.

Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    Just curious: what pushed you towards the Mega vs. any number of other good enduro bikes right now?

I ask because I've had incredible experiences with SC in the past, but have been really reluctant to even bother trying the Mega because it's so much bike (and the stock tune is bad). Hightower would probably be enough for me, but no coil = no go.
    1. Impulse
    2. Warranty (they warrantied my Hightower LT and the only thing I didn't love was the STA). This is bigger, better STA and supposedly climbs better
    3. It may very well be too much bike, but thought that I could flip this at the bike park faster than a Hightower if I didn't like it.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

All very good reasons. Last point on it's own is a pretty good reason to try a new Santa Cruz, as they're pretty easy to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Filled out the warranty claim online and attached pics.
    Thanks Jackstraw! Another very satisfied customer here : got a new 2019 Nomad frame in exchange for sawing the BB off of my 2015 Nomad!

I just got offered an upgrade on a minor warranty claim. Super impressed with Santa Cruz. I really like my Bronson2. Anyone have experience with the Bronson3? Even better if you can compare it to the 2. Should I upgrade? And if I do should I take the offer to get a select plus shock for little $$ over my current monarch?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird View Post
    I just got offered an upgrade on a minor warranty claim. Super impressed with Santa Cruz. I really like my Bronson2. Anyone have experience with the Bronson3? Even better if you can compare it to the 2. Should I upgrade? And if I do should I take the offer to get a select plus shock for little $$ over my current monarch?
    I never rode the v2 but love my v3, a couple friends who had the v2 have moved to the v3 and like it a lot more as it just feels a lot more capable on faster/rowdier terrain.

Assuming the new Bronson got the same (mostly) progressive suspension upgrade as the 5010 and Nomad, I'd call it a no-brainer to get the V3.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Bronson 3 is not very progressive. But Cascade Components makes a new link that LTs it and makes it progressive. A buddy has it and says it's great.

Name:	567396C6-3097-40E9-AF2A-F0159C9A7323.jpeg 
Views:	110 
Size:	444.3 KB 
ID:	329904

had a sand v4 nomad 2018 and found a small crack in BB shell , warranted no issues but hated the new colour frame they sent so got it painted ready for whistmas this year , not to be now but great service from SC