Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    That BA Copper Spur 4 looks like the ticket for a four person. But, man, good tents aren't cheap.
    Keep in mind BA is easy to get "pro deals" on -- just being a member of AAC is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    I too miss the old convertible tents. Sierra Designs 2nd iteration of the nightwatch CD was perfection in my mind. Small vestibule though. I wintered many storms in it including heavy snow. It still survives today as a field work tent and it was from the mid/late 90s. Bomber, but also 7 lbs for a 2 person tent.
    RIP my Nightwatch CD. Was my all purpose tent from 11th through middle of grad school. Think I scored it on STP or REI Outlet. Finally died when careless asshole friend of friend borrowed it and stored it wet. So mildewy I gave up and tossed it and demanded $150 in cash. Was worth more in terms of utility, but didn't feel I could ask for more.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Keep in mind BA is easy to get "pro deals" on -- just being a member of AAC is enough.
    This is good information. Wasn't aware of that.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    That tent was the shit. I used to borrow it from the rental fleet in college.

That BA Copper Spur 4 looks like the ticket for a four person. But, man, good tents aren't cheap.
    I've been using the Copper Spur 4 for about 3 years and it ticks all the boxes for my family of 4 (2 younger kids) but the it's on it's last legs with multiple tears on the fly and the storage bag is shredded. Great tent, short life...

Quote Originally Posted by rudy View Post
    I've been using the Copper Spur 4 for about 3 years and it ticks all the boxes for my family of 4 (2 younger kids) but the it's on it's last legs with multiple tears on the fly and the storage bag is shredded. Great tent, short life...
    Given the weight for a 4P and materials needed to hit that weight, not super surprising. Especially with kids beating on it.

Light. Durable. Cheap. Choose one. Adage usually proves true.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

On that note, I still think itís a shame what MSR did to the Moss tents. They were known for, and their reputation was based on, their highly durable fabrics/materials, at the cost of weight and price. That is no longer the case.

Iíve been using a my trail co pyramid4. They used to be golite... tons of room for the weight of the tent. Easy to set up. Bring a tarp and put your stuff outside. Works well in the wind and rain. Wouldnít use it in the winter with snow however. It can also be used without the nest if youíre looking to get really light.