WTB: Cleary Starfish Balance Bike

Just posted this in the NE thread. I fucked up this weekend and left my 3 year old's Cleary Starfish balance bike at the local bike path. When I went back to get it was gone. I put the world out on the all the social media outlets and will be calling local shops to see if someone turned it in. Cleary doesn't make this bike anymore so I can't just replace it with a new one. If anyone has one their little one outgrew, I'll happily buy it and cover all shipping (obviously). My kid really loves this bike and if it doesn't turn up in a few days, it'd mean a lot to him if he could get a replacement. Thanks in advance.

Name:  Image-1.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  116.8 KB

Intstead of a run bike Angle Parking bought his daughter the smallest bike with pedals and had the shop take the crank& chain off to make it into a run bike

When she was ready I put it all back togetehr for them (easy )

So they only had to buy one bike AND his daughter thinks I'm cool
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I’d transfer my boy over to pedals quicker if had the chance again

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Intstead of a run bike Angle Parking bought his daughter the smallest bike with pedals and had the shop take the crank& chain off to make it into a run bike

When she was ready I put it all back togetehr for them (easy )

So they only had to buy one bike AND his daughter thinks I'm cool
    I've got a 16 inch wheel bike lined up for him and I planned on removing the cranks, bb and chain if I can't get another Starfish. Its bit long and tall for him at the moment so I was hoping to get the same bike bc he's so comfortable on it.

Its also the fact that he really loves his little balance bike and he'd be so happy with the same one.

Edit: I also feel like a shithead for forgetting his bike and would like to make it right.

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    I've got a 16 inch wheel bike lined up for him and I planned on removing the cranks, bb and chain if I can't get another Starfish. Its bit long and tall for him at the moment so I was hoping to get the same bike bc he's so comfortable on it.

Its also the fact that he really loves his little balance bike and he'd be so happy with the same one.

Edit: I also feel like a shithead for forgetting his bike and would like to make it right.
    Understandable. Good luck finding one.

We moved the 3 year old over to a cheap 12" pedal bike this year knowing it'll probably be too small by mid summer next year. crazy to see him pedal. He'll be 4 in December, is fairly athletic. Only problems he's having is not getting the modulation of the coaster brake.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

My son has one of these too and they are pretty unique, he still rides his a lot so not time to move it on. Maybe pickup a gecko and pull the pedals/crank/chain and have a pretty similar bike.

Been there done that. It sucks.

We had a tiny wooden run bike for our first guy and I left it and his helmet on the sidewalk when we loaded up after some rainy day path riding.

Replaced it with another run bike and he wasn't happy. Got a Strider one that he liked and it blew over.

Hopefully you can find the same one, or sell kiddo on the new bike without much fuss.

That thing is sick. We have all manner of Clearys, Islabikes, etc, but I sure wish we had one of those instead of Striders so our little one could use hand brakes instead of wearing out shoes nonstop.

Hank I’ve got a blue Strider in my garage in Burlington that my 3 year old daughter wants nothing to do with at the moment. It’s blue and not pink. Not as dope as the Cleary (my 5 year old kills it on the owl) but if you want to borrow it for the Fall you’re welcome to it.
    Uno mas

Quick update for those who don't follow the NE thread. The Ranch Camp bike shop in Stowe that posted a pic of my son's abandoned bike contacted my wife yesterday and are giving my son a new Specialized balance bike!

Definitely did not expect this but we we're blown away by this gesture. I gotta plug these guys for just being awesome and hugely generous. If you're in Stowe, VT go to the Ranch Camp shop - they sell all kinds of sick gear (Ibis, Evil, Chromag, Specialized, etc.) AND have a bar with a delicious selection of munchies and burritos.

They've got customer for life and I'll plug the hell out of these guys any time someone needs any bike gear and/or a beer in Stowe, VT

Thanks to the collective for all the suggestions and especially Doremite for the generous offer to use his Strider. I've got a happy 3 year old and will passing this good karma forward any way I can.

Oh wow. That’s awesome and now I can keep pestering my 3 year old to ride the blue one despite being blue and having no pedals. These have been the sticking points to date.

Also in the market for a gravel bike for the Mrs. Will check that place out.
    Uno mas