Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question for shop people

When are the new boots pretty much fully stocked up? I'm thinking mid October, right?
    Want to have a good selection in my size. I've always waited too long.

You've already waited too long. Try again next year.

Depends on the shop and geographic location and their terms with the manufacturers.

city shops = now

resort shops = Oct/Nov (depending on when the local hill opens)

I'd say early October. I work for a large online outdoor retailer and we are just starting to get this seasons ski gear.

Question for shop people

New stuff (not all, but some) is in and on shelves now at my shop but I’m in shitty PA....I put display system bindings on our floor models all last Sunday.

Question for shop people

Where are you in shitty PA? I moved to philly area a few months ago and am looking for a shop. PM me if you’d rather do that.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Move to Colorado

Sent from my SM-J737V using TGR Forums mobile app

A novel idea would be to call the shop which carries the boot you are interested in
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    Move to Colorado

Sent from my SM-J737V using TGR Forums mobile app
    Yeah, I know, but, no.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    A novel idea would be to call the shop which carries the boot you are interested in
    I've done that. Last year, too. You don't exactly get good phone attitude from pre season shop rats, if the boss is not there. Except for Hal at Northern Ski Works at Killington. He is the best.

Don't the locals know this kind of stuff?

call yer buddy buttflake.....he should be done cleaning up the campgrounds by now. i'm sure he'll give you the mag discount.

Most brands receive winter stock in August- our retailers have orders set to ship in September (usually mid month), so you'll typically see it available at the end of the month, depending on location (I'm sure some local shops are still trying to milk the summer business)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Question for shop people

Quote Originally Posted by mtnwriter View Post
    Where are you in shitty PA? I moved to philly area a few months ago and am looking for a shop. PM me if you’d rather do that.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Sent u a pm....didn’t want to bash a shop on thread....lol..never know who’s reading.

Headed into shop now.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    we gets shit in every damn day
    but we are a online presence with 4 brick n mortors
    how many boot threads is the retired cube dude who spends all day on the webs gonna start?
    is the question
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Biz must be kinda slow for the hippy if he has time to search off page threads just to bash me.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    we gets shit in every damn day
    but we are a online presence with 4 brick n mortors
    how many boot threads is the retired cube dude who spends all day on the webs gonna start?
    is the question

If sizing is such an issue, then Benny is at one extreme or the other, so I am guessing a mans size 8 shoe? Remember a ladies size 10 is like a mans size 8, so you may have other options?
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

You want real problems I take a 24/39/7ish mens so not many mens boots go that small, if they do they won't be in a shop( who can blame them ) and womens boots are built for a women weighing much less

thats why buying at whistler olympics was so damn good ... lots of product

I have another exact pair of alpine boots, a freebie I got on TGR, AT wise the Vulcans will be good for a bit more

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    If sizing is such an issue, then Benny is at one extreme or the other, so I am guessing a mans size 8 shoe? Remember a ladies size 10 is like a mans size 8, so you may have other options?
    Shit, man, I have size issues in the other direction. Yes, it does matter.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    You want real problems I take a 24/39/7ish mens so not many mens boots go that small, if they do they won't be in a shop( who can blame them ) and womens boots are built for a women weighing much less

thats why buying at whistler olympics was so damn good ... lots of product

I have another exact pair of alpine boots, a freebie I got on TGR, AT wise the Vulcans will be good for a bit more
    which is BS, a good shop will have the smallest sizes
    we go the other way and actually stop around 29 except for maybe one model for the guys with really big feet...
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

As mentioned it will vary by shop even within the same geographical area. If the shop has a sustainable/profitable summer business they can sustain into early fall (bike, rock climbing, hiking camping, ie REI) expect them to conduct a gradual swap until late October or even just hold off and conduct a total flip mid October. On the other hand expect the shop to already have done a full flip if it’s completely carried by winter sales with minimal summer business or one which rapidly drops off after Labor Day (Water Sports).

Some larger stores with off site warehouse space will also have the flexibility to adjust their flip with the weather. If it’s not trending fall/winter weather or there are indicators of a warm/dry winter the shop might hold off and try to delay receiving delivery to delay their NET-30/60/90 payments. This can be especially true if the shop is running thin on capital following a weak previous winter and may have a decent amount of carry over left to sell at a discount.

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    which is BS, a good shop will have the smallest sizes
    we go the other way and actually stop around 29 except for maybe one model for the guys with really big feet...
    If I was doing the ordering I wouldn't bother to accommodate me and IME the smallest sizes are maybe a mens 9 ... not really small enough

Benny, the good news is if your sporting big ass feet, balance is no problem for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.