Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    This may be the year I finally get the SD105. Anyone have time on the 187? I wish we could get them with the CD114 Limited graphics from last year. Those are some of the sickest skis I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    This may be the year I finally get the SD105. Anyone have time on the 187? I wish we could get them with the CD114 Limited graphics from last year. Those are some of the sickest skis I've seen.
    Skied the 187 SD105 as a daily driver most of last year both in Switz and in Tahoe. Overall it's a good ski, excellent at speed in pow. 187 is nimble enough to make hop turns in tight terrain, I don't think the 202 could swing around as easily. Versatile enough to use in nearly all kinds of conditions. Skinny shovel can make them a bit funky in deeper snow.

My biggest warning is that the mount point was a bit tricky. I put it on the recommended line (0), but I think it would ski a bit better at -2 or whatever Bimbo's spot is. I think they would have some more float and seems it would be a better balance point -or maybe I just suck and ski in the backseat no matter where the ski is mounted!

I did crack the topsheet on day 4 and hit a stump and nearly blew out an edge the same day. Geo took a look and gave them a clean bill of health (topsheet crack is cosmetic damage only). Crack in topsheet did get a bit bigger through the year tho.

Sent from my SM-J737T1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mokomahonah; 09-15-2019 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheArbez View Post
    Anyone have experience/thoughts about CD104L or LD102, especially on their flex pattern, stability, and best uses? Looking for a new touring ski for all kinds of conditions this winter and I'm super tempted by those two, with Blizzard Zero G 108s or Backland 107s also on the short list.

I assume y'all also have someone set for Boston reshipping, but I'm in Western Mass and might be able to help if needed.
    There's a bunch of feedback on the CD104L and LD102 on last year's group buy thread.

I'm in again this year and can coordinate pick-up & re-shipping from SLC. PM coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokomahonah View Post
    Skied the 187 SD105 as a daily driver most of last year both in Switz and in Tahoe. Overall it's a good ski, excellent at speed in pow. 187 is nimble enough to make hop turns in tight terrain, I don't think the 202 could swing around as easily. Versatile enough to use in nearly all kinds of conditions. Skinny shovel can make them a bit funky in deeper snow.

My biggest warning is that the mount point was a bit tricky. I put it on the recommended line (0), but I think it would ski a bit better at -2 or whatever Bimbo's spot is. I think they would have some more float and seems it would be a better balance point -or maybe I just suck and ski in the backseat no matter where the ski is mounted!

I did crack the topsheet on day 4 and hit a stump and nearly blew out an edge the same day. Geo took a look and gave them a clean bill of health (topsheet crack is cosmetic damage only). Crack in topsheet did get a bit bigger through the year tho.

Sent from my SM-J737T1 using Tapatalk
    Funny enough I mounted my 202s -2cm of recommended and regretted it. Wish I had been on the line. Left way too much tip at least for how I ski.
    They are some serious skis. Pretty much point and hold on with the occasional turn.

I have the SD95s. The mount issue was the top sheet marks being off, as I recall. Actual recommend point on the 95s is perfect. Geo had actual measurements from tail to confirm if your top sheet mark was good to go or not.

Also, I STILL have the warranty pair to send out as US demos. I failed to get it done last Winter, and missed some demo binders. I'll get that back to the top of the list so those are ready to go in CO and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Why? I need something skinny with metal pretty soon.
    They’re basically a carbon copy of the old Enforcer, or at least as close as anyone has gotten. I’ve A-B’d them a few times. The SD95s are a bit more damp than the enforcer (but have less of that race-bred pop). They strike a really nice balance that many other skis in that category lack.
    Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    If you're not standing on the fucking traverse with your thumb up your ass you wont get checked.

dumbfuck.

Just a quick (non-)update. I've been collecting names from those that PM'd and emailed me. I have to do some work travel this week to put food on the plate and buy more skis, but I'll send out an email with a spreadsheet at the end of this week or early next week, so we can figure out shipping locations / points of contact. - Cheers.

Props to dschane again for making this happen!
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

Quote Originally Posted by pyromaniacman129 View Post
    What are the changes for the cd114 (196cm) and sd105(202cm) for 2019-20?
    Nothing major.
    DOWN SKIS

Quote Originally Posted by geo039 View Post
    Nothing major.
    Okay good to know for my wallet. Still might snag a new pair and sell last year's.

Quote Originally Posted by Island Bay View Post
    Hey Geo!

Good looking lineup, once again. Congratulations.

Re the SD105, I assume the 5300gr weight is for the 202cm. How much do the 187s weigh, please?

Good luck on selling lots of skis :-)
    I need to weight this years but in the 4700g range. I will get back to you tomorrow.
    DOWN SKIS

I sent an email to those who've expressed interest in the group buy. If you didn't get it (and it's not in your spam can) or if you're interested, send me a PM or email.

I shot an email to you, but haven’t received a reply.

Quote Originally Posted by aepeak View Post
    I shot an email to you, but haven’t received a reply.
    Just catching up from the weekend. Reply sent and you're in.

The plan is to finalize the order and get it in this Friday (for others who might be on the fence).

Hey D, I got 104’s (I think) a few years ago but never got to ski them and passed them along to Neufox on here.

Any info or input from anyone that’s skied them? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I see there’s some info from last years group buy thread on the 104. I’ll check that out.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnwriter View Post
    Hey D, I got 104’s (I think) a few years ago but never got to ski them and passed them along to Neufox on here.

Any info or input from anyone that’s skied them? Thanks

I have some info on the "Get Down" thread in Tech Talk.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

If only the CD 114Ls came in 182.

Luvin' my standard 114s.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Thanks Thom!

i’m interested, anything playful around 90mm?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    If only the CD 114Ls came in 182.

Luvin' my standard 114s.

... Thom
    Mount them on the line and they ski really short, the clamps are shockingly far forward. Makes kickturn into a bit of a pain with all the tail though.
    I'm remounting mine at -3 or -4 this year after grumbling for an entire season.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    i’m interested, anything playful around 90mm?
    Looks like they have a throwdown 89 this year

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Mount them on the line and they ski really short, the clamps are shockingly far forward. Makes kickturn into a bit of a pain with all the tail though.
    I'm remounting mine at -3 or -4 this year after grumbling for an entire season.
    Did you mount them on the printed line or measured from the tail as per below?

Quote Originally Posted by SiSt View Post
    So, list of straight pull from tail to recommended mounting point:

CD114 (all layup versions are the same):
    182: 830mm
    189: 862mm
    196: 894mm

CD 104:
    181: 797mm
    187: 828mm

LD 102:
    179: 773mm
    186: 803mm

LD 90:
    177: 765mm

SD 105:
    187: 824mm
    202: 890mm

SD 95:
    184: 820mm

TD 105:
    182: 889mm
    172: 854mm

TD 89:
    181: 911mm (center mount, it´s symmetrical)

This is useful for me too, as I can reference this when doing next years´ graphics... :-D

Quote Originally Posted by SoooL View Post
    Did you mount them on the printed line or measured from the tail as per below?
    On the printed line, when this discussion popped up I measured to make sure the topsheet was where it was supposed to be and the mount line turned out to be within 2mm of where it was supposed to be.
    I live in the back seat though so take my recommendation with a grain of salt.