Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    I grew up skiing in N. Vermont, and in those early daze, we didn't know any different than 0/0 (flat base with 90 degree side). I skied all the steep icy stuff just fine. Ignorance is bliss ;-)
    ... Thom
    Think I ran a 0 base and 88 side on my 205 Blizzard Thermo SL and GS, don't remember any problems with anything but powder, lol.

We're about 10 days ahead of when last year's group buy thread started and I'm getting the itch.
    Hopefully Down is not getting too negatively affected by COVID and will make glorious skis for this season. Geo, how are things going on your end? Any sweet new designs we need to know about? You guys going to make the CD122L I've been wet-dreaming about, the one with a pintail, a reaaaaaaaaally long and low shovel, all damp carbon with a gentle twin tip and a thicker base, the whole package coming in at around 1900g a ski?

I'm in for at least a CD104L and potentially up to 3 pairs (some heathens I ski with finally saw the light last season). And if the CD122L happens I'm buying a dozen.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    We're about 10 days ahead of when last year's group buy thread started and I'm getting the itch.
    Hopefully Down is not getting too negatively affected by COVID and will make glorious skis for this season. Geo, how are things going on your end? Any sweet new designs we need to know about? You guys going to make the CD122L I've been wet-dreaming about, the one with a pintail, a reaaaaaaaaally long and low shovel, all damp carbon with a gentle twin tip and a thicker base, the whole package coming in at around 1900g a ski?

I'm in for at least a CD104L and potentially up to 3 pairs (some heathens I ski with finally saw the light last season). And if the CD122L happens I'm buying a dozen.
    +1 on the CD122L. Oh god. If this excitement lasts for more than 4 hours I may have to go see a doctor.

If Simen and Geo come out with a 182 in the CD 114L, I'm in trouble ;-) Then again, I'd be in trouble if there's a 122L too.

Did I see a post in Tech Talk, that the boys are now shipping individual skis to North America?

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

I was hot for a pair of ld90 and saw mallwalker said they would ship for fifty. Down to a few pairs so loaded them in cart and put address in sale went through and thought they would be in touch if more funds needed. Sent a message as such. Geo shipped and said they would honor sale. I paypaled some more funds, but don’t think it covered the total shipping cost.

Short story is I don’t think they are shipping to the USA or Canada. I really like the looks of the LD90 and it fits just what I was looking for. Thanks Geo

Im down

Sent from a van down by the river
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Wouldn't be mad if another group buy happened. About time to replace my cd114s with new cd114s.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    I was hot for a pair of ld90 and saw mallwalker said they would ship for fifty. Down to a few pairs so loaded them in cart and put address in sale went through and thought they would be in touch if more funds needed. Sent a message as such. Geo shipped and said they would honor sale. I paypaled some more funds, but don’t think it covered the total shipping cost.

Short story is I don’t think they are shipping to the USA or Canada. I really like the looks of the LD90 and it fits just what I was looking for. Thanks Geo
    yeah good guy Geo, my god - he shipped for free, then told me that they ate money on the deal but it was worth it to keep customer loyalty.

i paypal'd him another $50 because i felt bad. their skis are amazing, but i don't know if i have a real need this year. now, if a CD122L comes out, that's a totally different story.

Yeah, I'm not sure if they're now selling directly to the U.S. or whether a group buy is in order. Trying to find out . . .

Quote Originally Posted by dschane View Post
    Yeah, I'm not sure if they're now selling directly to the U.S. or whether a group buy is in order. Trying to find out . . .
    U-da man!

... Thom
    Galibier Design

+1 for 114L in a 182. Love my 104s

Any word on whether Simen and Geo are direct shipping to the US without the necessity of a Summer group buy? ... not that my bank account really needs to know the answer ;-)

...Thom
    Galibier Design

Just saw their IG post, no new skis for 2020

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Well that sucks

Quote Originally Posted by YaBoyBlue View Post
    Just saw their IG post, no new skis for 2020

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Mega bummed - but glad I snagged last year's CD104L's when I had the chance.

Here's hoping that Geo and Simon do a limited release of CD122L's. A boy can dream.

This would explain the radio silence in our effort to setup the group buy. Huge bummer. Hopefully these guys come back strong next season, I know I'll be due for replacements of both of my pairs...
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    This would explain the radio silence in our effort to setup the group buy. Huge bummer. Hopefully these guys come back strong next season, I know I'll be due for replacements of both of my pairs...
    Same. Was actually hoping to get a new set of 196 cd114s but out of stock

well we should buy them out of what they have left. my wife might murder me as it is our child’s due date but those 179 102Ls are a callin

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    well we should buy them out of what they have left. my wife might murder me as it is our child’s due date but those 179 102Ls are a callin
    congratulations. And, in some situations, it's ok to be dead (says the father of 3 and ski whore since 2005).

MW's 2020/2021 Down ski lineup:

LD90
    LD102
    CD104

maybe he's going for some sort of color coordinated thing here? a down ski for every outfit he owns?

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    MW's 2020/2021 Down ski lineup:

LD90
    LD102
    CD104

maybe he's going for some sort of color coordinated thing here? a down ski for every outfit he owns?
    It would be interesting to see what they have gathering dust in the warehouse.

Hopefully, the boys will get a chance to recharge/refresh. Running a small company can be brutal.

... Thom
    Galibier Design

I don’t have the 90s anymore, and another mag has dibs on the 104s... hopefully they don’t go the PMGear way

I don’t have the 90s anymore, and another mag has dibs on the 104s... hopefully they don’t go the PMGear way
    yeah I'm just teasing, and if anything I plan on following suit. I have a friend who wants to buy my LD90s and I'm having a hard time letting go of them. Really love those skis.

I'm optimistic that they'll make it here. Smart guys with a great product. COVID has been rough on everyone.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    yeah I'm just teasing, and if anything I plan on following suit. I have a friend who wants to buy my LD90s and I'm having a hard time letting go of them. Really love those skis.

I'm optimistic that they'll make it here. Smart guys with a great product. COVID has been rough on everyone.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
    Smart fellows indeed, and I'm fairly certain they're running a lean operation with outsourced production, and minimal operating expenses.

... Thom
    Galibier Design

MW and Tgapp, I'm thinking of parting with my LD90s, skied them once, don't see myself using them as much as they should. If you're on the fence about letting your pairs go it won't be too hard to convince me to get rid of mine...
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise