Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Email sent.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1519.JPG 
Views:	83 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	295096

Thanks guys for the feedback we solved that mounting mark challenge by using what Sist recommended with the data we sent last year. It is now on the ski As always super appreciate the support.
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

Hey Geo,

Why can't us big guys get the LTD cd 114 in 196? Love the graphics again this year

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Mount them on the line and they ski really short, the clamps are shockingly far forward. Makes kickturn into a bit of a pain with all the tail though.
    I'm remounting mine at -3 or -4 this year after grumbling for an entire season.
    182 is all the ski I want in the BC (@5' 9" and 165 Lbs). As a matter of fact, my 182 CD 114s (mounted on the line per Simen & Geo's chart) ski a bit "longer" than my 182 GPOs (mounted at -1.5).

The 182 CD 114s are a perfect length for me, but obviously I'm in the minority, and as a small company, I get that they didn't see the demand to justify the overhead of tooling up.

As an aside, the Contour skins they're distributing are awesome. If you're on the fence about them, just get them (uncut - take responsibility for the amount of coverage YOU want).

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    On the printed line, when this discussion popped up I measured to make sure the topsheet was where it was supposed to be and the mount line turned out to be within 2mm of where it was supposed to be.
    I live in the back seat though so take my recommendation with a grain of salt.
    Roger that, thanks for clarifying.

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    As an aside, the Contour skins they're distributing are awesome. If you're on the fence about them, just get them (uncut - take responsibility for the amount of coverage YOU want).

... Thom
    Are the skins a nylon mohair mix and is the tip connector a one size fits all deal? I've used G3 skins for a while but remember that my older BDs had 2 size tips loops based on tip width I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy View Post
    Are the skins a nylon mohair mix and is the tip connector a one size fits all deal? I've used G3 skins for a while but remember that my older BDs had 2 size tips loops based on tip width I believe.
    Yes, they're a mo-mix. I can't recall if there are multiple tip loop sizes (I don't think so). They easily fit the squared off tips on my CD 114s if that helps any.

... Thom
    Galibier Design

Quote Originally Posted by pyromaniacman129 View Post
    Hey Geo,

Why can't us big guys get the LTD cd 114 in 196? Love the graphics again this year
    We are already making toooooo many skis for a small company. That being said are you a giant as the 189 (I am 6ft+) is more than enough. that being said I am still skiing 3 year old protos as my workhorse so what do it know
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

Quote Originally Posted by Affix Snow View Post
    Email sent.
    I got it - if you're the one interested in the 104s in 187cm, in which case, I replied. Cheers.

Down ski order

Quote Originally Posted by dschane View Post
    The skis go on sale 9/15 and I'm happy to coordinate the group buy for U.S. folks again this year. Down's website should have the ski options soon, or you can find them on social media for the millennials among us.

I'll post the group buy details as soon as I confirm them with Geo.

If you're interested or just want to receive emails from me, send me an email at dschane[at]gmail.com or a PM with your email address (the PM system here blows for organizing this kind of stuff).

Cheers.
    Would like to get some 114L 189’s.

Thanks Str8!

awww fuck it dude, why not buy another pair.

dschane, email inbound for a 187 Showdown 105

ss

Quote Originally Posted by SeatownSlackey View Post
    awww fuck it dude, why not buy another pair.

dschane, email inbound for a 187 Showdown 105

ss
    Sweet. Now I don't need to buy them since I can just buy yours once you decide you have too many skis.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Sweet. Now I don't need to buy them since I can just buy yours once you decide you have too many skis.
    ha, that sounds very familiar.

Alright, we're within 24 hours of sending in the order. Still time for any fence straddlers . . .

(And if you reached out to me and haven't heard back via email, something went wrong. I've responded to all emails in my inbox, so post here or try a PM.)

Quote Originally Posted by Speedfreak View Post
    They’re basically a carbon copy of the old Enforcer, or at least as close as anyone has gotten. I’ve A-B’d them a few times. The SD95s are a bit more damp than the enforcer (but have less of that race-bred pop). They strike a really nice balance that many other skis in that category lack.
    Good to hear, I have at least one more season in the old Enforcers, but starting to think about what I will replace them with.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Good to hear, I have at least one more season in the old Enforcers, but starting to think about what I will replace them with.

They’re the closest I’ve found — thus far. I went thru the same thing and spent a significant amount of time on a pile of other skis to get to that point:

Bonafide & Kabookie (kept the Boogers as an all-arounder for back East)
    Wailer 99 Pure (like skiing on a tuning fork...absolute dumpster fire of a ski)
    FX95 (just...boring)
    Invictii (solid, but too much rocker)
    Experience 94 & 100 (smooth, not terrible)

The Downs aren’t as powerful as the Enforcer but grip like they’re on rails and are SMOOTH. Highly rec, especially at the group buy price.
    Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    If you're not standing on the fucking traverse with your thumb up your ass you wont get checked.

dumbfuck.

Not to hijack this thread completely but I'm going to be replacing my LD102 (179 cm) with the skinnier version and don't have bindings for both pairs. If anyone is interested in the pair hit me up, I'll let them go for cheap. They're the 17/18 model, in great shape since they didn't get out much, one mounts for Dynafit Superlites. I love them for spring missions, they weight nothing and ski great, I just want to see what the superlight hype is about... while remaining on beefy boots.

And fyi, it appears the sale was extended and there are now 2 days left . . .

Oh Yeah, CD 114 "Bimboes" in hand, huge props to dschane for holding the line and herding cats.

As an FYI guys, make sure you break out the tape measure for your mount point. The graphic quotes the accurate number from the Down with Down thread but in no way does it graphically represent this location, not even close.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7024.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	303278

'Bout to mount my own fukin' skis tonight.

In last year's group buy thread, Simen published the mount points for the whole lineup.

... Thom
    Galibier Design

See “Get Down with Down (skis)” thread #150 for measurements

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Hey Geo, what are the factory edge angles on the CD114?
    If you're not standing on the fucking traverse with your thumb up your ass you wont get checked.

dumbfuck.

Hey Geo, what are the factory edge angles on the CD114?
    Go with 1/1, detune to the taper points and call it good. Great skis.

... Thom
    Galibier Design

I’m not looking for recs on what to go with. All my non-race skis go to a minimum of 2/1, and anything below 105 at the waist gets considered for 3/1.

I’m just curious what they come out of the factory at.

dumbfuck.

Can't help you there but my cd114s are my second favorite ski of all time behind the older line motherships.
    On the same pair from last year's group buy. Will replace with new next season.
    Only complaint is that my topsheet just starting delaminating at the tail.

I’m not looking for recs on what to go with. All my non-race skis go to a minimum of 2/1, and anything below 105 at the waist gets considered for 3/1.

I’m just curious what they come out of the factory at.
    I always go through any ski before my first day on it.

I marked up the edges with a Sharpie and went at it to "establish" a 1/1.

Material came off evenly, so by this imprecise method, I'd say mine arrived at a 1/1.

I don't get the need for more acute of an angle than 90 degrees, on a fatter ski, but but WTF do I know?

I have pondered a feathered base bevel (2 deg. at the shovel, 1 for the remainder), but I'll likely never do it.

I grew up skiing in N. Vermont, and in those early daze, we didn't know any different than 0/0 (flat base with 90 degree side). I skied all the steep icy stuff just fine. Ignorance is bliss ;-)

... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 01-29-2020 at 11:52 PM.
    Galibier Design