FS - 194 Dynastar Legend Pro XXLs & PX14s Great Shape (Denver – Will Ship)

SOLD

Originally posted these up last year but was so busy with a new kid, new job and major renovation that I didn’t want to deal with shipping. With kids I just haven't skied enough for the last 4 years to justify a 9 ski quiver. I have both lengths of the Dynastar Legend Pro XXL and up for sale and both are in great shape, no loss of camber and have been rotobrushed and ready to ski. I’ll post up the 187s later today hopefully. Last time I shipped skis it was nearly $40…price-wise I have no clue.

Mounted for a 308 sole on the line...great shape w/minor nick in sidewall and minor scratch on base (see pics). I’m the original owner and don’t recall but these may have two mounts from when I downsized my boots (previous sole may have been 324). Will sell with or without bindings.

IMG_0689 by colorado_freeskier, on Flickr

IMG_0703 by colorado_freeskier, on Flickr

IMG_0690 by colorado_freeskier, on Flickr

IMG_0691 by colorado_freeskier, on Flickr

IMG_0692 by colorado_freeskier, on Flickr

IMG_0694 by colorado_freeskier, on Flickr

IMG_0696 by colorado_freeskier, on Flickr

IMG_0698 by colorado_freeskier, on Flickr

IMG_0699 by colorado_freeskier, on Flickr

IMG_0694 by colorado_freeskier, on Flickr

IMG_0697 by colorado_freeskier, on Flickr

IMG_0704 by colorado_freeskier, on Flickr

IMG_0700 by colorado_freeskier, on Flickr
    Last edited by Colorado_Freeskier; 09-12-2019 at 12:18 PM.

Interested in the binders if you find a buyer who prefers them flat.
    Uno mas

How much for flat?
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

If it weren't for the (possible) previous mounts and if I were confident I could get the current mount/bindings to accommodate 314 BSL I would absolutely take these. They don't seem to be making skis like these anymore (arguably these skis were pretty singular anyway, but back in the day beefier, traditional construction/sidecut/camber pow skis were definitely more common) and IMO these might be the best powder/crud skis ever made (if you like to ski fast and lay them over).
    So, just here as a PSA for someone else to jump on these. Several years ago when I realized this kind of ski was mostly a thing of the past I actually bought a pair of Big Dumps (Dynastar's successor to these things) to hold in reserve--still haven't used them, but I'll be pulling them out whenever my XXL's break or become unusable.
    Great skis.
    [quote][//quote]

^^^ I agree. If I didn’t already have 110 Stormriders and Goliaths I’d be in.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    If it weren't for the (possible) previous mounts and if I were confident I could get the current mount/bindings to accommodate 314 BSL I would absolutely take these. They don't seem to be making skis like these anymore (arguably these skis were pretty singular anyway, but back in the day beefier, traditional construction/sidecut/camber pow skis were definitely more common) and IMO these might be the best powder/crud skis ever made (if you like to ski fast and lay them over).
    So, just here as a PSA for someone else to jump on these. Several years ago when I realized this kind of ski was mostly a thing of the past I actually bought a pair of Big Dumps (Dynastar's successor to these things) to hold in reserve--still haven't used them, but I'll be pulling them out whenever my XXL's break or become unusable.
    Great skis.
    should be able to make the bindings fit without a remount if that helps...
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    should be able to make the bindings fit without a remount if that helps...
    Yeah, you're probably right unless it's already at the end of its range for some reason. I was thinking of the old Look turntable heelpieces where it always seemed to me you had about 4mm before you had to remount (maybe I'm wrong, but I always remember those things having very little range). But I'm a little paranoid about skis with previous mounts, regardless (even though I guess it's not that big a deal I have always avoided multiple mounts).
    [quote][//quote]

I have seen and skied a lot of swiss cheeze mounts and I’ve never seen a problem. I’ve seen potential problems that I didn’t mount but if the ski looks good and you have a bit of room you’ll probably be ok.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Yeah, you're probably right unless it's already at the end of its range for some reason. I was thinking of the old Look turntable heelpieces where it always seemed to me you had about 4mm before you had to remount (maybe I'm wrong, but I always remember those things having very little range). But I'm a little paranoid about skis with previous mounts, regardless (even though I guess it's not that big a deal I have always avoided multiple mounts).
    I get it. Yes you are right at about 4mm for turntables. PX should be +/- almost a centimetre. Plus with the XXL there's enough metal that you shouldn't worry.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    I get it. Yes you are right at about 4mm for turntables. PX should be +/- almost a centimetre. Plus with the XXL there's enough metal that you shouldn't worry.
    Well, I have to admit you're making a good case and making me rethink my logic...you're really selling me on these things. Maybe part of it is the reality that I have a perfectly good pair of unmounted (Dynastar) powder skis sitting in my closet just waiting to go.

But I do love the XXL's and might regret not taking them, especially if it turns out that the Big Dumps aren't the perfect replacement.

Oh boy...I need someone to jump in here and buy these ahead of me to resolve this dilemma.

And those skis are actually in better shape than the XXL's I currently have...
    [quote][//quote]

Well, I have to admit you're making a good case and making me rethink my logic...you're really selling me on these things. Maybe part of it is the reality that I have a perfectly good pair of unmounted (Dynastar) powder skis sitting in my closet just waiting to go.

But I do love the XXL's and might regret not taking them, especially if it turns out that the Big Dumps aren't the perfect replacement.

Oh boy...I need someone to jump in here and buy these ahead of me to resolve this dilemma.

And those skis are actually in better shape than the XXL's I currently have...
    Big Dumps fucking suck compared to the XXL. Planky, sluggish, dead. Buy these

Great skis.
    We think alike...I originally stocked up on XXLs when the Legend Pros were discontinued. Love the XXLs but then stocked up on Pro Riders when ski manufacturers started going crazy on super wide, reverse camber, etc. I’ve got more $$ tied up in the Pro Riders, so that is why I’m selling these. Dynastar really nailed it with all 3 and I prefer the longer radius of XXLs and LPs. If I was skiing like I used to, no way would even consider selling them.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Big Dumps fucking suck compared to the XXL. Planky, sluggish, dead. Buy these
    Something you could have mentioned before I bought mine?

Oh man, Mrs. Rutecki just did a ski count and asked why we have 16 skis in the apartment (I didn't remind her of skis in storage and at the mountain).

Starting to feel really boxed in here...I just wasn't planning on a ski purchase this year.

I just wasn't planning on a ski purchase this year.
    Isn’t it a annual ritual to go into fall thinking your quiver is FINALLY dialed and finding yourself sucked into multiple way-too-good-to pass-up deals on gear swap throughout the season? That said if you are at ~20 skis you might be at one in one out capacity. So to get out of the box,it isn’t IF you’re buying these it is just what you’ll move to do so.
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    Isn’t it a annual ritual to go into fall thinking your quiver is FINALLY dialed and finding yourself sucked into multiple way-too-good-to pass-up deals on gear swap throughout the season? That said if you are at ~20 skis you might be at one in one out capacity. So to get out of the box,it isn’t IF you’re buying these it is just what you’ll move to do so.
    Fortunately, unless you count all the old skis from years ago I never got rid of, I am personally not near 20 skis (I probably have six skis I use in a year, three of which are in heavy rotation, one or two of which may only get a single day). The 16 (or 20+) number is for the family, including a racer who has at least five race pairs. I actually haven't purchased skis for myself in years (again, blame ski racing for the daughter), but it's starting to seem likely I'm going to cave to all this peer pressure and grab these sweet XXL's.

GoFundMe?
    [quote][//quote]

Dexter Rutecki...PM'd you.

SOLD TO DEXTER
    Last edited by Colorado_Freeskier; 09-09-2019 at 06:26 AM.