Thread: Marcel Hirscher

Marcel Hirscher

Retirement press conference,

Looking happy, and wearing a white tee shirt and jeans. Maybe a little message that other athletes are welcome to take every opportunity humanly possible to promote their sponors, but not him?

It takes an American journalist to ask him about skiing powder, at 44:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Bozo T. Clown View Post
    Retirement press conference,

Looking happy, and wearing a white tee shirt and jeans. Maybe a little message that other athletes are welcome to take every opportunity humanly possible to promote their sponors, but not him?

It takes an American journalist to ask him about skiing powder, at 44:10.
    I don't follow this nearly as closely as I used to, and as much as some here, but man, that is surprising.. I know he teased, and had a kid, etc..

I guess for some on that level, if you aren't able to go 100% you don't go. Which is the truth for some really hyper competitive high level folks.

“Many people didn’t take me seriously when I talked about considering retirement,” said Hirscher, adding he had a lot of potential projects he could start working on “but nothing is concrete yet.”
    Hope to see him out freeskiing. I think that would be cool to see a tech guy go slay some lines.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Absolutely retired at the top of his game, probably would have got to 10 overall titles if he hung around 2 more seasons.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Way too modest when he answered about his skills. I bet his AK learning curve won’t be too steep.

I hope we get to watch him rip in upcoming films. Will it be a WM or TGR film who gets him first?

Between a rock and a soft place. Aberdare and The Brecon Beacons, Wales
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Hood View Post
    Way too modest when he answered about his skills. I bet his AK learning curve won’t be too steep.

I hope we get to watch him rip in upcoming films. Will it be a WM or TGR film who gets him first?
    Red Bull

Good on him!
    I guess Legs of Steal.
    https://youtu.be/7vfB_SDp_JY
    It was hard to see Kristoffersen as a livelong #2.

He loves speed. Next, we may see him racing moto.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    He loves speed. Next, we may see him racing moto.
    Moto racing, but doesn't have similar success and ends up skiing again in 1-2 years, but can't get back to the same level.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Great to watch him race. So in control while remaining extremely quick.
    Another couple of years and he really had a chance to set the all time WC wins mark (and now the window is wide open for Mikaela). I realize skiing on that level requires an absurd amount of commitment so if he no longer has that drive then I understand his decision. He is still retiring as easily one of the best ever.
    This really opens up next year's men's WC. Who will step in to fill Hirscher's boots?
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Drones been trin’ ta kill that dude fer years now....