Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    My vet would not do the home visit (fired their ass), so I googled a vet service that would come out and do it. It turned out they sent me my long lost vet, that I loved, to do it. I have to drive way further to see him, but he is a great vet, so I do it for my buddies health now and a good ending once it is time.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Had a similar situation with an old dog. One day we came home and he walked up to us, gave us some love, and then walked to his favorite spot and went to sleep and never woke up. Still miss him.

It hurt. But it kind of made things easier in the end.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

You’re very lucky. I wish it could’ve gone that way for me and Freddog. That drive to the vet was one of the shittiest 45 minutes of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    My vet would not do the home visit (fired their ass), so I googled a vet service that would come out and do it. It turned out they sent me my long lost vet, that I loved, to do it. I have to drive way further to see him, but he is a great vet, so I do it for my buddies health now and a good ending once it is time.
    We said goodby at home, it was painful, but it felt loving and right.

Quote Originally Posted by Kailua_Boys View Post
    Had a similar situation with an old dog. One day we came home and he walked up to us, gave us some love, and then walked to his favorite spot and went to sleep and never woke up. Still miss him.

Uhhh.. thats not really a similar situation at all man. except that the dog dies in the end

Thats the absolute best case scenario, what everybody is HOPING happens to their old dog. I wish that had happened to with us.
    What everybody is talking about here, is the hugely difficult and depressing decision and action of putting a dog to sleep

Quote Originally Posted by Kailua_Boys View Post

Weird but kind of awesome. He knew it, said goodbye on his own. Getting dusty in here.
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    Uhhh.. thats not really a similar situation at all man. except that the dog dies in the end

Thats the absolute best case scenario, what everybody is HOPING happens to their old dog. I wish that had happened to with us.
    What everybody is talking about here, is the hugely difficult and depressing decision and action of putting a dog to sleep
    Well, the dog was reaching his end of life and I was going through the same thing the OP was. Everyday I wondered if it was his time.