Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Maybe so, but the point was, (snip)

But yeah, probably too soon.
    Good thread subject on its own really.

Maybe so, but the point was, the idea that we're all walking around with things that can randomly catch fire in our pockets, or on our boats, and that if they do catch fire there's not a reasonable way to extinguish them without a special extinguisher, is sobering and deserves attention.

I was on a flight about a year ago and my phone got smoking hot, I was literally barely able to touch it. It was in the seat pocket and I didn't realize it until I smelled something weird. I was able to turn it off and it cooled down but what if it had ignited? Are there Class D extinguishers on planes? I wouldn't have had any idea what to do except call for help from an attendant. Maybe we should do something about this.

Yeah, but, besides the Samsung thing recently, how many times do these things actually combust? Considering the billions out there, wouldn't that be news if only a few burned?

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Yeah, but, besides the Samsung thing recently, how many times do these things actually combust? Considering the billions out there, wouldn't that be news if only a few burned?
    Once on a boat seems to be enough. Wouldnít want to be on a plane.

Jesus. So the boat owners file a lawsuit that asserts their total liability is limited to the value of the remains of the boat - essentially $0.

A little too soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Even if it was lithium batteries, it still seems that the galley must have been full of combustible materials to go up like that. So what was the galley made of, wood and textiles?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Life jackets in compartments under the bench where all the recharging equipment sat on top of.

Apparently there were outlets below, but people were not supposed to use them.

Iíve also read some criticism about the positioning ventilation fan for the bunk room.

^^^Lawyers... hell of a drug

I wouldn't have had any idea what to do except call for help from an attendant. Maybe we should do something about this.

I've noticed these are actually the instructions they've added to the safety briefing. Not sure when it was added, but I think it was within the last year or two.

Again, Lithium batteries do not need a class D extinguisher. ABC is all you need.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Jesus. So the boat owners file a lawsuit that asserts their total liability is limited to the value of the remains of the boat - essentially $0.

A little too soon?
    From a legal standpoint, no, not too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by supermodel159 View Post
    Sadly, this is the world we live in today.

Based on this article, I agree.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Again, Lithium batteries do not need a class D extinguisher. ABC is all you need.
    Good to know. If you said it before I didn't see it, sorry.

A little too soon?
    Who are they suing? I thought a law suit had to be against someone or something. Sounds more like some kind of liability motion. What sucks about this is that whenever there is tragedy, lots of people get sued and lose even when they're really not at fault for what happened.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Based on this article, I agree.
    Agree it is the smart thing to do, legally. Just seems highly distasteful. One story said it forces the victims families to respond within 6 months. Thatís before the final report is scheduled to be released.

Agree it is the smart thing to do, legally. Just seems highly distasteful. One story said it forces the victims families to respond within 6 months. Thatís before the final report is scheduled to be released.
    Also sets the venue as federal court. Iím no attorney but it seems like the victims would have been better off if they had filed first in California.

I think this owners popularity in the community just took a nose dive.

Have not even buried anyone yet.

^^ It certainly did not. There has a been large outpouring of support for the family who owns and operates Truth Aquatics. They have been, and will continue to be, an integral part of the Santa Barbara maritime community.

FYI
    Despite their name, lithium-ion batteries used in consumer products do not contain any actual lithium metal. Therefore, a Class D fire extinguisher is not to be used to fight a lithium-ion battery fire. Class D fire extinguishers, which contain dry powder, are intended for combustible metal fires only. Since lithium-ion batteries aren’t made with metallic lithium, a Class D dry powder extinguisher would not be effective.

So, what kind of fire extinguisher should you use in this scenario? Lithium-ion batteries are considered a Class B fire, so a standard ABC or BC dry chemical fire extinguisher should be used. Class B is the classification given to flammable liquids. Lithium-ion batteries contain liquid electrolytes that provide a conductive pathway, so the batteries receive a B fire classification.
    Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.

^^ It certainly did not. There has a been large outpouring of support for the family who owns and operates Truth Aquatics. They have been, and will continue to be, an integral part of the Santa Barbara maritime community.
    Maybe under a different name.

Quote Originally Posted by Svengali View Post
    FYI
    Thanks where did you find that? I did not find thst when i wad googling. Too many boat fires this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    I think this........

I think no one gives a fuck what you think. I think you should shut the fuck up about what you THINK. You sick fuck. Was I clear?
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    I think no one gives a fuck what you think. I think you should shut the fuck up about what you THINK. You sick fuck. Was I clear?
    Woah...
    Gin and tonic, amirite?

What's tonic?
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Save that language for your wife, or kids.