Thread: Carnival Row

Carnival Row

Your thoughts? I've just finished the third episode and am completely hooked.

Pretty fucking dense tho story line-wise. Maybe they're hoping for a long run.

Still funny to see Orlando Bloom stomping around rather than being a fleet-footed elf.

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post

If by hitting it hard you mean I blazed through all 8 episodes on Friday night, yeah. I think I started them around 8pm and didn't turn off the tube until close to 5am! I'm a bit of an OCD twit when it comes to a short season series that's put up on NF or Amazon.

Heard rumor that they've greenlit Season 2...

The more I ruminated on it over the long weekend (I went camping and skiing and had a lot of alone time to ruminate on important things like Amazon series) the more I realize that it's pretty much a straight soap opera, but it's well done and well acted so I didn't mind the obvious soap opery bits.

It also reminded me of this CW show I attempted to watch last year called The Outpost. Lots (and I mean lots) of similarities between the two, but the CW show was done on the cheap and it's pretty obvious that they dumped some decent cash into Carnival Row.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

If by soap opera you mean the love triangle issues then sure, I agree, but that's a pretty well mined theme in many dramatic series. I still think it's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post

It also reminded me of this CW show I attempted to watch last year called The Outpost. Lots (and I mean lots) of similarities between the two, but the CW show was done on the cheap and it's pretty obvious that they dumped some decent cash into Carnival Row.
    I’ve watched all of The Outpost. My wife loves it. I watch for the hot chick. But, I’m struggling to see the similarities to Carnival Row. Can you elaborate?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums