Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Since the Scott E1 30 L pack has choice of which shoulder strap to use for the activation trigger, apparently (from what i've read in a wildsnow comment section) you can feed a hydration bladder tube through the other strap. Anyone confirmed this setup on the 40 or 30 L Scotts? While the zippered strap pouch isn't insulated, it would still be a clean routing for a hydration tube regardless of whether i'd need to sew a tab inside the pack to hold the bladder vertical.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Since the Scott E1 30 L pack has choice of which shoulder strap to use for the activation trigger, apparently (from what i've read in a wildsnow comment section) you can feed a hydration bladder tube through the other strap. Anyone confirmed this setup on the 40 or 30 L Scotts? While the zippered strap pouch isn't insulated, it would still be a clean routing for a hydration tube regardless of whether i'd need to sew a tab inside the pack to hold the bladder vertical.
    In theory yes, you can feed a hydration tube through the other shoulder strap but the existing trigger cable route is not direct enough for a hydration tube. Instead it'd be best to make a small incision in the top of the pack directly opposite the end of the shoulder strap and route the tube that way. The tube would also need to pass under the avi bag etc. Your also going to need to use a bladder that's narrow enough to go down the side of the Supercapacitor unit.

Personally I think trying to use a hydration pack with an E1 system is a pain in the ass - but then I don't like hydration packs anyway.

I prefer to carry 1-2 500ml Camelback water bottles that neatly nestle against the side of the pack. I'm only taking one then it's above and opposite the Supercapacitor unit or if I'm taking two bottles they go one each side above the Supercapacitor unit.

Thx for that info, and the PMs.

Anyone have a 40L they want to trade for a 30L? I tend to pack heavy for SAR and instructing, so this is just a little too small for my liking.

I just got the Patrol E1 30 under the tree. It is well built, high quality materials. There is great attention to detail, almost everything is incredibly thought out. It carries impressively well. That is important because I'm looking for a backpack first and an airbag second. Scott has a philosophy of "no dangly straps evar." Neat.

My normal basic load:

Skins
    Extra goggles

Some synthetic midlayer
    800 fill coat
    WM Flight Pants
    Hat
    Gloves

300 Al + 240 carbon probes
    Little labeled flags
    G3 Avitech Shovel

1L Nalgene
    Various snacks

Headlamp + 2x 18650
    Medkit
    Repair kit + multitool
    set handwarmers
    Cordellette
    SOL Bivy
    Tarp

With the above load it takes great effort to close the pack. So attached to the outside I could have my skis, poles, and shell with a compass, inreach mini, goggles, and radio inside, while I'm wearing skinning gloves, helmet, neck sock, and sunglasses while using crampons/axe. The pack does have excellent and convenient ways to attach things externally: daisy chains, loops, great axe/pole carry, good ski carry.

But if I want to add rope and hardware and a camera... like I said, I pack heavy.

I haven't toured with it yet. Just carried around the living room and tried to pack it several different ways.
    Last edited by Summit; 12-25-2019 at 05:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Just thought I'd update my own post for anyone else's interest. I rolled the dice (and lost) and decided to order the Alpride Supercap 30. It is not any bigger than the BD Jetforce Tour 26, in fact it seems smaller to me. Really nice pack, just too small for my needs. I just sold it for a loss. I'm like a financial wizard...

Spyderjon sold me the 40 and was super awesome to deal with!!!

I transferred the system over from the 30.

The 40 is a much better pack for the avalanche professional. It definitely has less room than a Float 42, but it's way lighter. It's a VERY well thought out pack

Packs are being sold separately without the system, article# are
    272625 for 40 liter
    267450 for 30 Liter
    272627 for 22 liter

MSRP is around 285 USD (260 Euro)
    Last edited by happyskifriend; 01-23-2020 at 11:39 PM. Reason: search results added

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post

The 40 is a much better pack for the avalanche professional. It definitely has less room than a Float 42, but it's way lighter. It's a VERY well thought out pack
    Which version of the float 42 are you comparing to? I've got the 1.0 and it has significantly less volume than 42L, realistically it's in the mid to low 30's.

Quote Originally Posted by onlytour View Post
    Which version of the float 42 are you comparing to? I've got the 1.0 and it has significantly less volume than 42L, realistically it's in the mid to low 30's.
    I had the old prototype Float 42 and it had more like 38 at best, maybe 36. Then I got what I have now: the all red Float 42 from 15/16 which I think was version 2 or 3 and felt like it had 42L.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Hi, I did route hydration tube through the airbag pocket to the other shoulder strap on my Scott E1 40 and sucessfully triggered airbag inflation. I have a photo, where it's clearly seen, but I can't post it as I'm newbie on this forum.

Alpride or Scott pack?

Did you get the Scott pack or the Alpride E1 Supercap 40L?

The Scott looks dialed in, but I can actually get the Alpride this season.. hard choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post

Quote Originally Posted by vonderlust View Post
    Did you get the Scott pack or the Alpride E1 Supercap 40L?

The Scott looks dialed in, but I can actually get the Alpride this season.. hard choices.
    Scott. It's pretty dialed.

Quote Originally Posted by wilcox510 View Post
    Just thought I'd update my own post for anyone else's interest. I rolled the dice (and lost) and decided to order the Alpride Supercap 30. It is not any bigger than the BD Jetforce Tour 26, in fact it seems smaller to me. Really nice pack, just too small for my needs. I just sold it for a loss. I'm like a financial wizard...
    Hi wilcox510,

It seems that you're the only one that've seen alle three (BD, Scott and Alpride) packs.
    I'm just about to buy one of them, but before i have a few questions. Don't know why, but i can't send a PM. Could you send me one so I won't spoil the topic? Cheers

Darek - Your profile wont seem to accept PMs, not sure if you have to have a certain number of posts on here or something... You can just ask on here..

Thanks for your answer. Yes, might be certain number of posts.
    I was almost 100% sure to buy a BD Jetforce Tour 26, after a great experience with Outlaw (a lot of practical features), but when i've seen it (Jetforce pro too) in the shop i was so dissapointed. They feel tacky, poor in features etc. compared to all other packs with gas system (orthovox, mammut).

THere's no place to check neither scott nor alpride. You said, you sold alpride because of space, otherwise would you choose this one over scott? BD Tour feels for me also very smal. Or you think scott is generally better choice? Space is important but i can buy Supercap 40 instead. How did supercap feel (materials and back system) compared to patrol? Is that true that scott has a removable back protection?I think that's all, the best would be just to compare them all, but it's a bit difficult where I live. Thanks for help

BTw. sorry for late answer but i was having a hard time to post it. Tried almost 10 times.

Darek,

I've used the BD pack and thought it was actually pretty nice, just a bit on the small side for me. It carries really well. It does have minimal features, but seemed OK to me. I did think the aluminum buckle on the waist belt was ridiculously small, so small thats its really hard to work with gloves on (I can't remember right now but the Alpride might actually have the exact same buckle).

The Alpride pack is very similar to the BD, but seems smaller (not bigger as the numbers would indicate) to me. The shovel pocket is absolutely smaller than the BD shovel pocket. My shovel, which is kind of big, fit fine in the BD but would not fit in the Alpride. The quality of the pack itself seems good. The only features I can remember that it has that the BD doesn't is straps for A frame ski carry, and the pocket on the hip belt is bigger. Its a nice pack, but I didn't see any reason to get it over the BD, I was hoping it would be bigger, and its not.

One of my main touring partners has the the Scott, and it has a little bit more room than the BD. My main complaint with it is that it does not have a padded waist belt, so it seems like you couldn't really put much of the weight of the pack (especially if your skis are on it) on your hips). Maybe its not actually a big deal, but I'm annoyingly picky... The shovel pocket is also kinda weird, but not a deal breaker.

So overall, I actually like the BD the best of these packs other than its just a bit too small. But, I've skied with the BD once and just played around with the others and stuffed all my gear in them but haven't actually used them.

If you can wait until next year the Osprey Solden might be an interesting option...
    https://www.skimag.com/gear/outdoor-...y-1-highlights

I've not had an issue at all with the lack of a padded waist belt on the Scott AP30. I've sold loads of them and it's not been an issue. The Scott AP40 does however have a padded waist band.

Whilst the Scott packs do have a back protector that can be removed it's a bitch to do so. The pack is designed to be used with it in place and I can't see why you'd want to remove it as in addition to the protection it provides it also gives support/shape to the pack. And the weight saving in removing the back protector is negligible.

Update on my Scott E1 30 liter pack...M/L.

Very stoked overall. Two liter camelbak lumbar bladder (which doesn’t seem to be on camelbak’s shitty site) nestles perfectly at very bottom, and as I’d hoped, Scott did in fact leave openings on left hand side of pack that enables insulated hose to route nicely into left shoulder strap. Moving the trigger assembly to right hand strap was no big deal if you’re a bike mechanic kind of person. Test inflations confirm no interference.

Contours of the pack results in a very nice skiing feel. I rigged up a small hip pouch on the hip belt for sunglasses etc. large goggle pouch up top works well for various items I need regular access too.

I tend to take a primaloft Rab XL hooded jacket, two pairs gloves, buff, first aid kit, small repair kit, long cord for cornice cutting etc, food, and on cold days a highly compressible down vest. Goggles in the upper pouch, helmet in outer web, ski crampons on lower left side strap. Once jacket is out I can put skins inside the inner shovel pouch along with probe and blade. However if you’re taking a bulky shovel like a hoe-able Mammut, the bulky shovel handle is best stored on exterior ice axe location. My older Mammut fits inside. Key here is to halfway zip bag, stuff the bulky jacket down deep in bottom of pack, then put other items up above.

The USB charged capacitor system with battery charge maintenance has worked great so far. I have around 50 days of use.

This pack has fulfilled my objectives: a light enough airbag pack that skis and carries well enough such that you don’t find excuses to not bring it. The ability to test the bag inflation whenever I want, and the ease of airline travel, seal the deal.

I bought it knowing that a 40 liter sack would be an affordable option down the road. Currently no reason for me to get one.

Is the AP40 pack only available anywhere?
    Does anyone have a creative way to get a rope on the ap30?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Still lovin my Scott

Does the E1 40 deflate automatically like the BD Jetforce Pro? Does anyone make a pack that does this except BD?

Quote Originally Posted by hafjell View Post
    Does the E1 40 deflate automatically like the BD Jetforce Pro? Does anyone make a pack that does this except BD?
    No, no Alpride E1 capacitor bag does this. Only the heavier BD battery/fan system. It would be a nice feature IMHO, but not critical.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocximus View Post
    Is the AP40 pack only available anywhere?.........
    I've got the E1 Patrol 40 'pack only' in stock. If you PM me your location/postcode I'd be pleased to quote you.

I realized the 40l Scott is not a lid style pack.

Who else other than Scott and alpride use the E1? Anyone make a pack that can carry a glacier kit and uses the E1?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cocximus View Post
    Who else other than Scott and alpride use the E1?

Alpride E1 packs:

Alpride: SuperLight 24 | SuperCap 30 | SuperCap 40
    Scott: Patrol E1 22 | Patrol E1 30 | Patrol E1 40
    Black Diamond: Tour E1 26
    Osprey: Soelden 32 | Sopris 30