Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Saddest headline of the moment

Body of Michigan Man Deported to Iraq Is Returned to the U.S.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/31/u...aq-deport.html

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Body of Michigan Man Deported to Iraq Is Returned to the U.S.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/31/u...aq-deport.html
    I guessed that one before I opened the thread. Truly sad.

The guy didnt even speak Iraqi.

It is almost like sending you or I there.

How terrifying.

He was in and out of jail, with at least 20 criminal convictions over the past two decades, according to Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials. After being arrested on a larceny charge, he was deported to Iraq on June 2

Be an unproductive member of society and win great prizes.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    He was in and out of jail, with at least 20 criminal convictions over the past two decades, according to Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials. After being arrested on a larceny charge, he was deported to Iraq on June 2

I get that.

But, he was born in Greece and was brought to the states when he was 6 months old.

He didnt speak Iraqi. Had he even been there before?

He was a human being that grew up here at no fault of his own. He basically didn't have a country.

He was sent to die in a foreign country. It was heartless and cruel. Nothing he did deserved the death penalty.

I did not know that from when I originally read about his deportation. Weird how that was left out. My daughters restaurant owner was in the country on a Visitor Visa, got a DUI and is now having a huge problem getting another visa to come back in. So long story short, if your not a citizen, keep your shit together or Homeland Security will ruin your day and maybe your life.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    I did not know that from when I originally read about his deportation. Weird how that was left out. My daughters restaurant owner was in the country on a Visitor Visa, got a DUI and is now having a huge problem getting another visa to come back in. So long story short, if your not a citizen, keep your shit together or Homeland Security will ruin your day and maybe your life.
    Stay for visitor Visa is clearly stated and regardless of who the president is at the time a DUI with a visitor Visa would cause serious issues re-entering the US. I hate Trump but people forget that INS had been deporting people as long as we have had a immigration policy.

He was schizophrenic. In our "enlightened" society jail is where schizophrenics tend to wind up, or on the street.

That, and he was brought here at 6 months old and didnt have a country to return to.

Saddest government yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    Saddest government yet!
    It's amazing how fucking retarded people here are. Like any of you even fucking cared about this guy beforehand, would've even done anything other type some bullshit on a message board, and best of all cared about this shit before this administration.
    The pacifists always lose, because the anti-pacifists kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    I get that.

He didnt speak Iraqi. .
    Iraqi isn’t a language.

His life was unsettled: He battled depression and diabetes and also had bipolar disorder and schizophrenia. He was in and out of jail, with at least 20 criminal convictions over the past two decades, according to Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials.
    Looks to me like our awesome healthcare system is ultimately what killed him after he was born not winning the healthy person lottery.

Also, if he wasn't here legally and belonged in Iraq then why was his body sent back here, and why was the body allowed to re enter US soil??
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

This belongs in the political subforum.

There’s no shortage of tragic senselessness in and around Michigan, I assure you.

Someone fucked up and checked Iraq instead of Greece?
    www.apriliaforum.com

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

It happens...

You know, like how someone fucked up and checked padded room instead of political asshattery.

What else would you expect from Benny?
    www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Looks to me like our awesome healthcare system is ultimately what killed him after he was born not winning the healthy person lottery.

Also, if he wasn't here legally and belonged in Iraq then why was his body sent back here, and why was the body allowed to re enter US soil??
    Yeah, his body could have had a bomb in it. I hope someone checked.

yeah, this is all benny's fault......

I dunno, the poor woman caught in a flood and taunted by the 911 operator as she drowned has got to be up there in sad headlines.

Someone fucked up and checked Iraq instead of Greece?
    Greece doesnt give everyone born there citizenship. Kinda sad, this guy was born homeless..country-less.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecked View Post
    Iraqi isn’t a language.
    I laughed.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    I dunno, the poor woman caught in a flood and taunted by the 911 operator as she drowned has got to be up there in sad headlines.
    That 911 call is hard to listen to, and the 911 operator is not perfect but it's really fucking hard to deal with people who are panicking and you have to try to get information from them and get them to shut up so you can transfer the info elsewhere.

Mostly its just really tragic that she died, but the dispatcher dispatched rescue personnel pretty timely. This happened in the early morning when it was still dark.

I feel like the 911 call was sorta like a life guard having to knock someone out because they are fighting them as they are trying to save them.

What was she suppose to say when the woman said she was going to die? Yes you are? 911 operators are suppose to stay calm.

Operator was not perfect but also not deserving internet scorn, IMO.

]
    What else would you expect from Benny?
    Yeah, sorry, I fucked up late last night. Somebody move it if you're all triggered.

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post

Operator was not perfect but also not deserving internet scorn, IMO.
    That 911 operator was already in the process of being terminated. Didn't get the details of whether she had given notice or was being fired, but that was already supposed to have been her last shift. Hence that DGAF attitude she was giving the caller.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!