Tahoe Avi 1 Class

I’m looking to retake Avi 1 in Tahoe this winter. Any suggestions, good or bad, on who to take it with? I’m taking it with a two family members who are taking it for the first time, but are very athletic (run marathons and compete in half iron man triathlons), and both are doctors, so we would prefer to not take it from a bro, but a real professional.

North or South Lake doesn’t matter. Quality is key. They have EPIC passes and live in an Airstream, and I’ll have both EPIC and Ikon passes. Don’t think that will matter, but might help?

Any good or bad stories about taking it in Tahoe?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Take it with Randall at Donner Summit Avalanche Seminars. The man is an expert and his life revolves around snow and avalanches. Not a bro at all, he’s a scientist that teaches these classes on the side.

I took my aiare 1 with Geoff Clarke and would recommend him. Mine was through Kirkwood but I believe he also teaches through ASI and maybe others too. Seems like he’s touring in the Sierra most days of the winter and has been for many years.

Lake Tahoe Community College (South Lake). Qualified AIARE instructors.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Tahoe Avi 1 Class

Does ricky still teach that ^^^ class?

Quote Originally Posted by jorion View Post
    I took my aiare 1 with Geoff Clarke and would recommend him. Mine was through Kirkwood but I believe he also teaches through ASI and maybe others too. Seems like he’s touring in the Sierra most days of the winter and has been for many years.
    I also recommend Geoff and at Kirkwood you’ll be able to use your EPIC pass.

Quote Originally Posted by B.Gillis View Post
    Take it with Randall at Donner Summit Avalanche Seminars. The man is an expert and his life revolves around snow and avalanches. Not a bro at all, he’s a scientist that teaches these classes on the side.
    doubling up on Randall - he's the shit. I've taught for him a couple of times.

Quote Originally Posted by KJA64 View Post
    I also recommend Geoff and at Kirkwood you’ll be able to use your EPIC pass.
    I will third Geoff Clark....he taught mine though ASI in Truckee. Their class setup is pretty good combo and location. Took the refresher rescue through them too, worth the time investment

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Took mine with Max at Tahoe Mountain School in Truckee. He was incredible but the group was just ok (mixed abilities). Highly recommend Max though. http://tahoemountainschool.com/guides-and-instructors