Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Fine. But you ever tried to pick up dog poo in a paper bag?
    Have you ever tried to leave a flaming bag of poop on your neighbor's porch using a plastic bag?
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Ummm....

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

But don't the Euros drink a lot of bottled water? isn't it pretty common even when local water is good enough to drink from tap?
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    But don't the Euros drink a lot of bottled water? isn't it pretty common even when local water is good enough to drink from tap?
    More whataboutism eh?

You know you can reuse bottled water water bottles? For water, even.

I get the Greta pic was posted because she's the current choice for rightwing angst, but comeone. The problem with bottled water is the disposing of the bottle immediately after consumption, the disposable nature of it.

She probably scooped it up as she was sailing by and is re-using it.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    More whataboutism eh?
    no just a comment/question, maybe the euros don't care about bottled water?
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

At least in Northern Eurp they're very waste-conscious. Applies to fuel economy & consumables in particular. Recycling is incentivized & people respond. The souff could be different, maybe there's a benny from So. Eurp that can chime in. I mean local, sorry.

Also, anyone who stands on the left side of the escalator. Fucking die.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

If you put a high enough deposit on then the % numbers go way up, like Alberta where its 0.10 for 500ml and less

I wouldn't do it but that pic could be a good meme, put Hitler mustache on her and " BOTTLED WATER" "WORSE THAN HILTER"

Our German friends have 5 different recycling containers.

We sort our recycling into about 5 but vast majority goes into two. That does not include deposit containers which gets sorted at depot into about 4-5. Now do the euros just recycle or have deposit program also??

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Do they not have clean tap water in Canada. Fuck the consumer choice thing. You donít need 80 bottles things to choose from to have a quality life. Just get your water from the tap and stop complaining about that. If it ainít crystal enough for you, but a good filtration system. So yeah, building a plant to package and transport water is a bad idea. It creates jobs in the short run and contributes to global environmental detestation in the long run.
    detestation. please clarify...
    " ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

Dec21, 2016. LittleBigLost :
    " I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

Get out there and do stuff!

Enjoy life to the fullest!!

See you on the slopes! "

guys, don't get your panties in a bunch over the greta pic. i was just messing around. i haven't even gotten into how carbon-intensive it is to manufacture carbon fiber, and to fly the crew back home and a new crew out for the boat trip back. bwaaahahaaa! /evillaugh

Not sure about everyone else here, but I throw batteries away in the trash. I don't know of anyone who seperates them and drives them over to the city recycling center. I do wish the city would come up with a way to separate batteries and pick them up with the other recycle stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    If you put a high enough deposit on then the % numbers go way up, like Alberta where its 0.10 for 500ml and less
    Ya, incentives are what make the world operate as it does. Adjust them & you adjust behavior.

Mandatory jail time for anyone mixing LDPE and HDPE plastics. That would clear this shit up quickly.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Mandatory jail time for anyone mixing LDPE and HDPE plastics. That would clear this shit up quickly.
    While incentives do change behavior, it's not always as intended. See cartels & black/grey markets for reasons why you need to both use incentives and align them in a virtuous cycle of cooperation. Doing the suggestion above would most likely cause ISIS to take root in Topeka. Why do you hate America?