School films from your youth

After many, many years, I almost forgot about this but ran across it randomly on the interwebs. I'm not THAT old, but old enough where we still had reel-to-reel film projectors in our classrooms that the teacher would roll in on a cart. Anyway, I remember watching Paddle to the Sea probably when I was in 2nd grade. Anybody else remember this one? What else ya got?

Anybody else remember Voyage of the Mimi? Aww, lil' Ben Affleck:

Lots of National Film Board of Canada on reel to reel, but the xmas specials of Ben Hur and the 10 commandments were either VHS or Beta cassettes.

One kid's dad went to Africa and made a movie of what he saw and brought it to school. They showed it to the whole school in the auditorium. Most of the movie seemed to be of some lions eating something they had killed and the teacher kept her hand over the lens the whole time so our tender young sensibilities wouldn't be shocked. Little shits that we were I'm sure the lions would have been more shocked by us then we were by them. There were some African women with bare breasts--it was along time ago-- and of course the teacher covered that part up to. But we all had National Geographic at home so we weren't shocked by that either.

Signal 30. Probably NSFW but educational back then in high school.

A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

School films from your youth

And a little more serious.

Name:  IMG_4109.JPG
Views: 295
Size:  40.8 KB

I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post

Looks awesome.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

From Driver's Ed - Mechanized Death. Horrible film. They were still showing this in 79/80 when I took Driver's Ed.

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

I was sitting next to the AV cart and noticed there were several films under the projector including a film called "VD see your doctor" so just for yucks we swapped the films in the containers
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Much of my faculty in grammar school was sadistic, angry nuns.

They made us watch Peege every year.

It was on YouTube a few years ago, now only clips remain.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    From Driver's Ed - Mechanized Death. Horrible film. They were still showing this in 79/80 when I took Driver's Ed.

I thought Red Asphalt was better.
    As kids we used to go to the drugstore and sneak peeks at the tabloids. We weren't interested in the nude pics; we were after the gory pics of accident victims.

"Stoned" with Chachi

I don't remember any movies in school, lots of film strips though. We did go to see Franco Zefferelli's Romeo and Juliette at a theater and that was a big deal because there was a brief topless scene (if you were 13 it was).
    One movie everyone watched at home was "TheDeath of Richie" , about a drug addicted son who lived in town and was shot by his father. Everybody knew the story and his younger brother was a year older than me. The younger brother also had/has problems with drugs but is still around.