Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Hurricanes 2019 (and other Tropical Shit storms)

Hurricane season certainly deserves its own thread and not be buried in the Florida or Climate Change threads.

The first major storm of the Atlantic season is increasing in intensity and bearing down on the Bahamas and Florida.

Dorian:
    https://www.wunderground.com/hurrica...n?map=forecast

Currently forecast to make landfall near West Palm Beach as a Cat 4 (130-156 mph winds). After landfall it makes a right turn and slowly moves north along the peninsula as it slowly weakens.

I'd GTFO if possible. Although that is harder to do for Bahamians who are going to get hammered by this as well.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Please fuck up Mar a Lago. Please.

Hurricanes 2019 (and other Tropical Shit storms)

Current path is pretty damn bad. Storm surge will be massive as it rolls up the coast. And all that coastline is low lying.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Please fuck up Mar a Lago. Please.
    he will just make the taxpayers pay for fixing the "southern white house"...... what with national security and all.

No doubt. But, still, just to fuck with his winter.

Looks like the Wellington crowd may have to stay at their northern estates a bit longer this year.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Follow on windy app:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1597.JPG 
Views:	135 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	292611
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

There's gotta be something equivalent for water levels. Any boating mags know about it? I'd be curious to watch the storm surge levels

We're over 150 miles in from the coast and still keep a small generator, two UPS units, shit tons of batteries, etc on hand. We've never had issues with city water, but have been without electricity for up to 10 days following hurricanes and ice storms or big snow. In the summer we make sure we're good to run one fridge and freezer intermittently, modem, router, small smart devices charged, etc for several days before having to refuel. Winter is easier due to gas logs to heat and putting food on the deck or bringing snow/ice bags in to the fridge. Our genny runs on LP and I have 4-5 twenty pound tanks full at all times.

Pro tip, if you know power killing weather is coming, freeze a couple gallons jugs of water and use them to keep your fridge and freezer cool. When they thaw you'll also have some tasty ice water. Really nice when you have no A/C and the temps are in the 90s inside.

Got reservations on the OB at Nags Head for a wedding next weekend. Hope there's nothing coming along behind Dorian just yet that could fuck up our plans there.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

@ abe: I haven't used the app but the windy.com web site has a crazy amount of data layers available, there must be a way to see storm surge but I haven't found it in a couple of minutes just now. There's so much data available on there it can be daunting. For istance, looking for storm surge I somehow turned on tide forecasts and now i can't figure out how to turn it back off.

The new satellite imagery they just launched is pretty awesome.

I have been thinking despite getting slammed many times themselves, texas, louisianna and certainly Mississippi and Alabama need to be sending gift baskets to florida every hurricane season for hanging itself out there and trying to take each hurricane on.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    I have been thinking despite getting slammed many times themselves, texas, louisianna and certainly Mississippi and Alabama need to be sending gift baskets to florida every hurricane season for hanging itself out there and trying to take each hurricane on.
    And TGR's chief hurricane prognosticator has arrived!

Why aren’t we nuking these things from orbit yet?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    @ abe: I haven't used the app but the windy.com web site has a crazy amount of data layers available, there must be a way to see storm surge but I haven't found it in a couple of minutes just now. There's so much data available on there it can be daunting. For istance, looking for storm surge I somehow turned on tide forecasts and now i can't figure out how to turn it back off.

The new satellite imagery they just launched is pretty awesome.
    Thanks I'll poke around later. Got some meteorologist friends I should ask too.

This Ars article is pretty good https://arstechnica.com/science/2019...extremely-low/

Name:  Screenshot_20190830-114403.jpeg
Views: 663
Size:  97.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    And TGR's chief hurricane prognosticator has arrived!
    I tried to predict one hurricane headed towards my locale, but if there's one constant here, it's the not let go-pile on; so you all enjoy yourselves.

and related kind of, weather channels jen carfango is dam cute. I know jen abrams has the boobs, but carfagno is the whole package imo.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    I tried to predict one hurricane headed towards my locale, but if there's one constant here, it's the not let go-pile on; so you all enjoy yourselves.
    Are your feelings hurt, Skoug? Why don't you write someone a letter about it?

King tides started today in FL, last through weekend. Surge is going to fuck FL

I went searching for a real time storm surge map/animation and struck out. Lots of predictive maps, but nothing live, and apparently there are 660 points of measurement.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

This thread isn't about The U?

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Expecting a stronger than normal thunderstorm. Preparing for WWIII

I bet that fucker takes a right turn and comes up the coast.

Yeah, you know, could happen. Or, worst case, totally fuck up coastal Florida, go back out to water, and hug the coast to Long Island.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    King tides started today in FL, last through weekend. Surge is going to fuck FL
    sounds like the slow movement of the storm could be a benefit in this dept - that the king tides can recede a bit before the biggest part of the storm hits
    but I just read a book about the region so I'm definitely at expert level

that's what at least 1 model was showing. in-laws live in Hilton Head so I texted them about the potential but they were headed on a cycling trip in France next week so just changed plans and left early #oldfuckyolo
    skid luxury