Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    IT'S BLUE STEEL!!!
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    ya know id really consider changing to a removing invasive paid dead or alive model
    vrs. the high maintance raping of the sea of needing tenders cannery's etc

but I think theyre gonna make you use a slightly more sporting method than nets
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

AKPM, there's a North Tahoe / Truckee Jobs fb group. There seems to be a fair amount of activity on there, especially for seasonal stuff.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/149385242087741/

I found a full time job there that I've accepted but am now having second thoughts about. The job is fine, I'm just having second thoughts about whether I really want a "full time" job - even though they agreed to just 32hrs/wk. I can now disclose that I'm moving to Tahoe (I told my maggot boss, so cat's out of the bag). And its sorta kinda retirement for me and Mrs Sinecure (yes, there's one of those now - news since I last spent much time on here).

After I looked at how much even the subsidized healthcare was going to cost through the new company, I realize I'll be taking home essentially zero. So working on their schedule, with their vacation limitations, etc, just to pay for healthcare for me and my wife. I think I can get good health coverage and cover the cost just by teaching skiing part time and maybe driving for uber a bunch. That would leave me open to travel, spend a big chunk of the summer in New Hampshire, etc, drink beer, smoke weed, etc.

First world problems.
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

Agreed that if you have any experience whatsoever in construction and you're dependable, people will be lining up to pay you more than $20/hour in Tahoe.

The construction scene is desperate for workers... The tough part is finding housing.
    Still waiting...

I just turned down a job I'd already accepted. If anyone is interested in details, PM me. Location is near Alpine Meadows, hours afternoons-evenings. Pay is OK, plus some commissions. You need to be computer competent and personable on the phone. It includes a ski pass to Alpine/Squaw and offers benefits. You can ski all morning and be at work in five minutes. The people seem nice. I only turned it down because I just don't want a full time job (even though they'd have let me work just 32 hours/week). I'm moving to Tahoe to sort of retire and I want to take this next year to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. That means skiing all day if I feel like it, drinking beer with friends in the afternoon, skiing with my kids and friends whenever they want to come visit, etc. I'd love to turn a maggot on to this job.
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite