Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gnarbro365 View Post
    lol
    lol good luck getting a job or good luck getting $20? My kid was getting 12 (more for snow safety) 10 years ago, so it wouldn't shock me if it wasn't up to $20 yet, but I thought maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    lol good luck getting a job or good luck getting $20? My kid was getting 12 (more for snow safety) 10 years ago, so it wouldn't shock me if it wasn't up to $20 yet, but I thought maybe.
    $20/hr to patrol with no experience. There are supervisors with 10 years experience who don’t make that.

Quote Originally Posted by ak_powder_monkey View Post
    looks like the job market is about what I thought. I need to catch more fish next year. Working sucks.
    R U kidding me. Reno = Washoe County Nevada, And they have been lamenting on the night;y news that they are short 60 teachers right now as school starts. = But do you have a place to live.

- Those talking about all the jobs 30 miles west of Reno in California - /retarted
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Regular substitute teaching plus tutoring? Long term subbing for teachers on maternity leave etc.? Imagine with STEM training you might find some demand. Also could be a decent fit with shop work hours or other gigs.
    Damn, we're in a tight spot!

Utilities Seasonal

Tahoe City Public Utility District - Tahoe City, CA

The Tahoe City Public Utility District is seeking qualified individuals to work in our Utilities Department this fall/winter.

TCPUD is a drug-free workplace. (meh)

$24 an hour

​I am not in your hurry

What does ‘qualified’ mean here?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    What does ‘qualified’ mean here?
    Click the link for more details...

The ideal candidate:

• Possesses a strong work ethic and excellent communication skills
    • Is reliable and punctual
    • Is team-oriented

Sober isn't mentioned
    ​I am not in your hurry

I'd look into the GIS analyst thing. That should clear $20/hr, I'd have to think. I you are rusty: since you are a student, you can get an esri license free for a year (and there is tons of free data available from esri as well), so you can refresh your skills. This is assuming esri is what you're familiar with, of course (but even if it isn't, it should be, esri being the most prevalent GIS software out there).

It might well wind up being in Reno, but there's a good chance of scoring at least some remote-work ability.

You could try and line up a short-term consulting gig. Or you could bend ethics a little and not tell your would-be employer you're planning on leaving (not that unethical, really - you'd just be giving the standard, two weeks' notice).

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    R U kidding me. Reno = Washoe County Nevada, And they have been lamenting on the night;y news that they are short 60 teachers right now as school starts. = But do you have a place to live.

- Those talking about all the jobs 30 miles west of Reno in California - /retarted
    Dude, it's spelled RETARDED.
    No wonder they need teachers in the Reno area.

"Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Hi ak_powder_monkey! May I suggest that instead of overrated, overhyped and overpriced Sierra Nevada that you "think outside the box" and instead relocate to the northeast, home of the gnarliest snowriding in the USA? I would proffer that all things considered,the northeast is the clear choice. The riding is more challenging here due to the variable conditions, the snow is better due to the cold temperatures, more consistant snowfall as well as superior snowmaking (and LOTS of water for the snowmaking systems) as well as a truly more enriching urban and mountain lifestyle. Also the wages are higher, the culture is superior, the history is rich and the "Norman Rockwell" factor is prevalent everywhere you turn.The terrain is truly fabulous, the partying is unmatched anywhere(can you say "hot New Jersey Italian babes?"). If you can shred here, you can shred ANYWHERE. When you score your first Killington powder day in "Anarchy", "The Throne", "Chop Chop" or "Patsy", you will be grinning from ear to ear, I promise you!. You will also find that the clientele(as well as your co-workers) will tend to be more educated and well-rounded, not your typical one-dimensional Tahoe yahoos. Okemo, Stratton, or Killington Vermont would be better than Idaho in every way!
    I would also like to take this opportunity to formally invite you (as well as all TGR Maggots, NewSchoolers, Pugskiazoids, jongs and lurkers alike) to come join our fun-loving but responsible bunch of snowriding aficionados at http://forums.alpinezone.com/. I think most all of you will find that our seasoned moderators "keep the bar high" by maintaining a sense of order and decorum, while encouraging quality discussion about our favorite pastime. I can assure you that "newbies"'(jongs) are welcomed with open arms by our entire community(unlike here at TGR), and there is no "hazing period" or rudeness tolerated. We also have superior bandwidth and response times on our 502g superfibre network as well as a state-of-the-art virtual blade server farm with 5000 terabytes of virtual disk space for your photos, blogs etc. It may take a small amount of getting used to, as we do have reasonable standards as far as language and image posting that are strictly enforced. The registration is easy and painless, and the rules will be explained in detail during the process. I will warn you however up front that registering an ALIAS is strictly "VERBOTEN", and something we have zero-tolerance with. If you are tired of the juvenile goings-on at TGR and Newschoolers and yearn for a snowriding forum that matches your maturity level, all I can say is: "Come join the fun"!

It's risky, but you can make good $$ selling cocaine in Tahoe.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by AlpineZone View Post
    Hi ak_powder_monkey! May I suggest that instead of overrated, overhyped and overpriced Sierra Nevada that you "think outside the box" and instead relocate to the northeast, home of the gnarliest snowriding in the USA? I would proffer that all things considered,the northeast is the clear choice. The riding is more challenging here due to the variable conditions, the snow is better due to the cold temperatures, more consistant snowfall as well as superior snowmaking (and LOTS of water for the snowmaking systems) as well as a truly more enriching urban and mountain lifestyle. Also the wages are higher, the culture is superior, the history is rich and the "Norman Rockwell" factor is prevalent everywhere you turn.The terrain is truly fabulous, the partying is unmatched anywhere(can you say "hot New Jersey Italian babes?"). If you can shred here, you can shred ANYWHERE. When you score your first Killington powder day in "Anarchy", "The Throne", "Chop Chop" or "Patsy", you will be grinning from ear to ear, I promise you!. You will also find that the clientele(as well as your co-workers) will tend to be more educated and well-rounded, not your typical one-dimensional Tahoe yahoos. Okemo, Stratton, or Killington Vermont would be better than Idaho in every way!
    I would also like to take this opportunity to formally invite you (as well as all TGR Maggots, NewSchoolers, Pugskiazoids, jongs and lurkers alike) to come join our fun-loving but responsible bunch of snowriding aficionados at http://forums.alpinezone.com/. I think most all of you will find that our seasoned moderators "keep the bar high" by maintaining a sense of order and decorum, while encouraging quality discussion about our favorite pastime. I can assure you that "newbies"'(jongs) are welcomed with open arms by our entire community(unlike here at TGR), and there is no "hazing period" or rudeness tolerated. We also have superior bandwidth and response times on our 502g superfibre network as well as a state-of-the-art virtual blade server farm with 5000 terabytes of virtual disk space for your photos, blogs etc. It may take a small amount of getting used to, as we do have reasonable standards as far as language and image posting that are strictly enforced. The registration is easy and painless, and the rules will be explained in detail during the process. I will warn you however up front that registering an ALIAS is strictly "VERBOTEN", and something we have zero-tolerance with. If you are tired of the juvenile goings-on at TGR and Newschoolers and yearn for a snowriding forum that matches your maturity level, all I can say is: "Come join the fun"!
    AKPM - Greg speaks the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    Dude, it's spelled RETARDED.

You've been here long enough to know better.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Exactly. Its "special needs" now.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post
    Utilities Seasonal

Tahoe City Public Utility District - Tahoe City, CA

The Tahoe City Public Utility District is seeking qualified individuals to work in our Utilities Department this fall/winter.

TCPUD is a drug-free workplace. (meh)

$24 an hour

I was going to respond with 'how good are you with swinging a hammer?' The union trade halls are completely empty from the Pacific Ocean to Denver. Carpenter apprentices start out somewhat decently, and ramp up quickly if you're good. But you have to work hard and long hours and use your body.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Quote Originally Posted by AlpineZone View Post
    If you can shred here, you can shred ANYWHERE
    Well, this part is somewhat true I guess (except of course: places that get a shit-ton of snow on a regular basis). I was born and raised in the NE, and I do agree: it was a good place to learn to survive shit conditions (when I go back to visit, I am never, ever, tempted to bring skis).

But I am sure you're correct: way better skiing than Tahoe.

P.S. Alpinezone is a weird name for a site about a region with almost no alpine terrain.

P.P.S. Your FAQ is broken

Quote Originally Posted by skizix View Post

But I am sure you're correct: way better skiing than Tahoe.

P.S. Alpinezone is a weird name for a site about a region with almost no alpine terrain.

P.P.S. Your FAQ is broken
    I concur...something just isn't adding up here. Once you get to the bottom of this, post your findings, whether here or in a new thread. Inquiring minds wanna know, afterall, no?

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by AmmergauerTele View Post
    This is going to sound dickish.....why aren’t you pursuing something that involves what you got your masters in, or second masters?
    Did he answer this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    It's risky, but you can make good $$ selling cocaine in Tahoe.
    Ehh, I think I just broke even.

But the pussy. -- "Your Wife . Daughter" Was all time
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    No experience at a major tahoe resorts gets you a whopping $14 an hour. Going to take you close to a decade to break into the $20's.

Good times.

Reno/Tahoe are desperate for skilled construction work. There is a real shortage of labor, and tons of construction. You can definitely make the money you want doing that.

The schools in Tahoe and Reno also need people, but your timing constraints are pretty tight. You could find substitute teaching gigs. Zirkel hooked up some good links.

Working at a shop/service jobs/resort jobs are not where the money is at around here. There are lots of seasonal jobs, but few that pay over $20/hour.

Housing is way cheaper in Reno than up in the Truckee-Tahoe area. Lots of work down there too.

But you need to move here before anyone is going to hire you. Commit!
    sproing!

A good babysitter can make $20/hr. How are you with kids?

Come to Bozeman. I got $20 an hour straight outta the gate working unskilled construction with a bunch of asshole felons.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Substitute teach