What?

Flashback?
    ​I am not in your hurry

I had a concussion once.

Yah, so did I.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Going to acupuncture in a few minutes to see if there is any relief. Pain mostly on the right/front side of my head which was the side of my head that I hit. Ughhhh.
    I've had around 12 or so concussions. The worst one was done while skiing an inch of fresh on top of bullet proof groomed ice going around 60 mph, I caught an edge and it sent me flying upside down head first. I pile drived the back of my head into the ice. I got up immediately to shake it off and skied down on to the lift. While I sat there on that chair my vision became split into two screens, the left side was several inches higher than the right. It freaked me out so I carefully got down from midway and went into the lodge.

The next week was brutal, I had to use my hands to pick my head up because of the whiplash and the headache pain was extreme. That lasted for 5, maybe 6 or 7 days but started getting better after day 4 I think.

I'm really scared to hit my head any longer. For whatever reason I feel like one more good hit could really f me up. I've slowed my roll a whole lot the last few years.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    I had a concussion once.

Yah, so did I.
    Awesome
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    If you decide it's not bad enough to go to the ER, refer back to mntlion's post: rest, dark, quiet, no screens.
    Migraine seemed to finally "break" late last night. Acupuncturist said I probably have alot more whiplash than I realize and that it can cause alot of the head pain too. I laid on a heating pad on my upper neck/back of head for like 30 minutes last night and it helped a TON. I could feel the tendons or whatever that connect my neck to my head were like SUPER tight and rock hard. They started to loosen up and my head started to feel alot better.

I am doing some light handyman work today at a rental property for a friend. Seems to be the best thing for me besides just staring at the ceiling.

Migraine seemed to finally "break" late last night. Acupuncturist said I probably have alot more whiplash than I realize and that it can cause alot of the head pain too. I laid on a heating pad on my upper neck/back of head for like 30 minutes last night and it helped a TON. I could feel the tendons or whatever that connect my neck to my head were like SUPER tight and rock hard. They started to loosen up and my head started to feel alot better.

I am doing some light handyman work today at a rental property for a friend. Seems to be the best thing for me besides just staring at the ceiling.
    light work/distractions are good

other advice:
    what ever you THINK you can do, do 1/2 that, twice. That way if you ARE overdoing it, you have only done 50% . And if you CAN do what you hoped you have a rest between.

PM me if you have questions, advice, or need to rant. (maybe use voice to text and again less screen)

Tried to drive to Big Sky to work and turned around. Urgent care tried to order a CT today but surprise, hospital won't take outpatient CT without going through the ER now on weekends.

Pay $1000 at ER now or wait until Tuesday to get CT.

Fuck.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

yea fuq... tough to know what to do.

Things I would do given the situation:
    drink lots of water
    take aspirin/excedrin pm = thin blood/reduce pain sensitivity
    eat if I could - even if i'm not hungry
    get a hold of an edible indica
    cold compress to the impact area
    hot/cold therapy to cervical region
    listen to movies I've already seen/mellow music/weather/talk radio

do not do anything stupid if i'm feeling better

chill till tuesday and then get proactive

any negative changes - ER

your plan may be different - vibes
    ​I am not in your hurry

Quote Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post
    yea fuq... tough to know what to do.

Things I would do given the situation:
    drink lots of water
    take aspirin/excedrin pm = thin blood/reduce pain sensitivity
    eat if I could - even if i'm not hungry
    get a hold of an edible indica
    cold compress to the impact area
    hot/cold therapy to cervical region
    listen to movies I've already seen/mellow music/weather/talk radio

do not do anything stupid if i'm feeling better

chill till tuesday and then get proactive

any negative changes - ER

your plan may be different - vibes
    Thanks for this. I am feeling relatively stable right now. Not any worse and not any better than last night/this AM. Just gonna lay low and ride it out for now.

Quote Originally Posted by CountryFunk View Post
    It used to be; 1) What's your name? 2) Where are you? 3) How many fingers am I holding up?

Two correct answers and you were back in the game - hopefully we've progressed ...
    I took a pretty good kaboomer some twenty years ago. I was guiding a b/c mountain bike trip.

After going down hard. I sprung to my feet with cat like reflexes. Slowly wobbling I pulled off my glasses.

Staring the witness in the eyes, I mumble: Are my pupils the same size?

He says: Yes.

Me: I’ll be fine.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Knocked out 15 years ago after getting caught in an avalanche, then dropped off a cliff. Over an hour of my life completely missing, have no recollection whatsoever of what happened from the time I got caught until my ski partner made it down to where I landed. Thankfully no brain bleed (that I know of, didn't actually get it checked) but I seriously think it affected my frontal lobe and led to some personality changes.

I was surfing last year when I collided with another surfer. Hit my head twice. We bumped heads and a board smacked me right to the temple. I was out for about 2 minutes. Good thing my brother saw me and rescued me. Until know, I'm suffering from tinnitus and vertigo because of that collision. Still surfing tho.

Slight improvement over yesterday which is good. Thought for sure I was really really fucked last night. Still not good though.

Honestly, hoping I can at least hike around a little before end of archery season. Biking might be out till the spring. Who knows about ski season. Hope to get in for CT scan tomorrow.

Now that the 3 day weekend is over and people are allowed to be sick again I finally got a call into the hospital. Have to wait until Friday now for CT. WTF. Authorization (aka one phone call) should not have to take 3+ days. Fuck.

I had a concussion once.

Yah, so did I.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Some people are saying scans/doctor is a waste of time. IDK what to do. I can look at a computer for 2 minutes before I get a blinding headache/nausea. Still constant dull headache even if I lay down with my eyes closed and covered for hours. Wake up in the AM already with a headache. I'm really starting to freak.

Lots of "you will be ok in a couple days" well it's pushing 3 weeks now.

you need to slow the fuck down. if 2 min screen time will set you off, you need zero for a few days and then VERY SLOWLY try again.

this MIGHT take a few days, or might take a few months (or more) but you need to start getting some help to resolve it.

FYI: My physio (very sports based) was a good help for me with both treating symptoms and the causation too. We worked on a home based plan to both get better, but also what to do when I over did it. When was too much and what was ok to push a bit.

Some people are saying scans/doctor is a waste of time. IDK what to do. I can look at a computer for 2 minutes before I get a blinding headache/nausea. Still constant dull headache even if I lay down with my eyes closed and covered for hours. Wake up in the AM already with a headache. I'm really starting to freak.

Lots of "you will be ok in a couple days" well it's pushing 3 weeks now.
    Dude this sucks, hope you feel better soon. There is a PT in Helena who specializes in concussion treatment. Her name is Johnanna, she's a PhD and she's a great PT and very knowledgeable (she did my ACL rehab and my daughter's rehab from elbow surgery). She used to work for St. Peter's hospital as their chief PT. Anyway lately she has gone into business for herself and gotten into concussion treatment...might be worth looking into if you have somebody who can drive you to Helena.

Optimal Physical Therapy

Good luck man. I'm no medical professional so what the hell do I know, but I'd take it super slow. I know at least one person who had bad symptoms for maybe 4-5 months, but was able to recover through it. I think completely recovered.

Sorry it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    you need to slow the fuck down. if 2 min screen time will set you off, you need zero for a few days and then VERY SLOWLY try again.

this MIGHT take a few days, or might take a few months (or more) but you need to start getting some help to resolve it.

FYI: My physio (very sports based) was a good help for me with both treating symptoms and the causation too. We worked on a home based plan to both get better, but also what to do when I over did it. When was too much and what was ok to push a bit.
    what he said, feel better man.

(hey mtn lion, those are some great bumper stickers in your signature, i'd love to buy some of them)

Ct scan tomorrow am. Guessing they won't see much. I'm trying not to freak out. Too many stories of people never recovering. I can barely leave the house right now. Acupuncture helps for about an hour and then symptoms return.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

My tendency, just based on my own experiences, is to focus on the neck.

IMHO, it might be worth attempting therapeutic massage and/or PT.

If you're not taking ibuprofen, give 800mg a try....and some ice.

You may have other things going on....I just come from many concussions where my neck has originated headache-like issues for extended periods after the initial impact. It took me quite a few rounds to recognize the headaches and sensitive eyes and stuff were mostly neck-related (for me, in my experience).

vibes. good luck sorting it out.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    My tendency, just based on my own experiences, is to focus on the neck.

IMHO, it might be worth attempting therapeutic massage and/or PT.

If you're not taking ibuprofen, give 800mg a try....and some ice.

You may have other things going on....I just come from many concussions where my neck has originated headache-like issues for extended periods after the initial impact. It took me quite a few rounds to recognize the headaches and sensitive eyes and stuff were mostly neck-related (for me, in my experience).

vibes. good luck sorting it out.
    I think you are onto something. The acupuncturist said the same thing. She has been focusing alot of the work on my neck. Sometimes my neck feels fine, other times it feels stiff/sore like I just crashed my bike yesterday.

Much of the headache is actually in my scalp sort of. Hard to explain. I find it difficult to relax the muscles of my forehead. Constant furrowed brow feeling.

Doing more acu tomorrow. Really think massage would be hugely helpful too.

Not to just jump on the neck thing too but I've been dealing with concussion/neck problems for the past year and have some similar symptoms as your forehead muscles. When things are pretty bad for me the tip of my nose has a funny tingle to it. My injury appears to be at the C2-C3 joint.

After reinjuring things again this summer I've tried to be more cognizant of my posture and have been doing a bunch of strengthening and mobility exercises and have been feeling better. The other big recommendation from my PT was to stop sleeping on my stomach and to really play with different pillow arrangements to try to support my head through out the night. I was fortunate enough that my symptoms were never as severe as yours.

Also in my experience massage felt really good, but it never addressed the injury itself so I kind of dismissed it. It was only once I started going to PT & getting some exercises coupled with massage at PT that I really felt like things improved.

If I could boil my advice down to a single sentence it would be to find a PT or similar that can check what's going on in your neck. Don't just trust your GP to give you neck advice like I did. (I guess that was two sentences)

Let me know if you've got questions.