Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    I’ll give a 3rd comment on the neck. Always have had neck issues, even before my recent flight down the stairs. I have a chiropractor that I like, and about finding the inflamed joint and addressing the muscle and lig/tendon group that related to it via joint manipulation, stretches/exercise, massage, NSAIDs, and ice/heat. A big part of my neck recovery from recent and past issues has been sleeping and pillow support. I can tell immediately in the AM if my neck wasn’t supported right because I was favouring a side rather than sleeping on my back - which is my usual sleep position and for what my pillow is designed for.

Best of luck in your diagnosis and recovery!

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Happy to say CT came back normal. Only discouraging thing is that people seem to think that means you are just imagining the symptoms and now ready to spring back to action overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Happy to say CT came back normal. Only discouraging thing is that people seem to think that means you are just imagining the symptoms and now ready to spring back to action overnight.
    Good news then.

Sounds to me like could be neck/muscular. I get bad headaches when stress/overuse/bad posture/bad sleep conspire together. Learn to massage your own neck, shoulders, and head muscles. Take gentle yoga classes.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Yeah I have this pretty hard foam ball thing like 8" in diameter. Massaging the back right side of my neck with it against a wall = incredible.

Glad the CT scan came out good. I agree that you should see an "expert", not a GP. I have no concussion experiences, but as for neck issues, I have had neck and upper back issues my entire adult life. Numerous things have helped over the years. A memory foam cervical pillow (basically a half cylinder, like this) is the only pillow I use. Took a little getting used to, but it supports the neck in its natural position and helps a lot. Posture is also key. Another thing is that because of bad posture, our heads hang forward all the time. Yet people feel their neck and upper back being sore and try to stretch those muscles, which may seem intuitive but is the exact opposite of what they need. The muscles need to be "fired", to contract, not be stretched. So if your neck is sore, try to (gently) tilt your head back and clench (again, gently) those upper back and neck muscles, hold for a little bit, and let go. At first, it may seem "wrong", but if after doing this gently and releasing, you feel good for even a moment, that's a sign that they need more of that.

A good PT, chiro, osteopath, whatever, can work wonders. A bad one can make your life worse. Don't be afraid to keep searching for the right one(s). Good luck, mang.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Said screw it and ponied up for a 90 minute massage today. Holy fuck. She couldn't believe I was even able to walk with how tight and unbalanced my back/neck was. My whole right side was locked up. I am at like 75-80% now. Incredible. It's like my neck was so pinched/tight that it was making my nerves in my head messed up or something and causing my right side of my forehead to spasm. That was pulling on my eye or something and thats why having my eyes open made me nauseas. At least that's my theory for now.

good to hear, I hope that is the case for you

WRG how are you feeling now. Back to normal?

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    WRG how are you feeling now. Back to normal?
    Hey thanks for checking in. Feeling about 85ish%. Some fogginess occasionally like randomly forgetting words. Most noticeable was the way it affected my mood. Definitely started to feel in the dumps for a while, but that could have just been not getting enough exercise for a couple months.

Neck/back is definitely still fucked. I'm overdue for another 90 minute massage.

For some reason the universe has decided I need to take some lumps. So I'm pretty familiar with this shit. As with broken hearts, time is the only answer for concussions. There will come a day when you say something like, wow, I was in a fog back then. That's when you know you've recovered.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post

Neck/back is definitely still fucked. I'm overdue for another 90 minute massage.
    PM Robert Kraft
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    For some reason the universe has decided I need to take some lumps. So I'm pretty familiar with this shit. As with broken hearts, time is the only answer for concussions. There will come a day when you say something like, wow, I was in a fog back then. That's when you know you've recovered.
    I think, interestingly, the processes are very similar...some external stimulus interfering with the normal process of your nerves and synapses.
    In one case it’s this huge emotional disruption of patterns where all signs thst once pointed to happiness now route to sensations of loneliness and failure and disappointment and anger...and it takes lots of time for those synaptic connections to weaken and reform so you feel normal.
    In the other case it’s physical damage to the structures themselves followed by loss of memory and confusion and disappointment at whatever happened, sometimes anger, and painful associations with other related injuries...and it takes lots of time for the physical brain damage to resolve and all the connections to reform so things feel normal.

You got nailed right in the fucking head! right in the fucking mind!