Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SlyFoxxx View Post
    It's not exactly the same situation as yours, but I'm telling you.. Even when you think it's over. It isn't fucking over.
    "When the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor, was it over? No!"

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Classic, long live the king.

Hang in there gaijin!

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    I had to read it a few times,

Own your fail. ~Jer~

Any news, brother?

Thinking of you, hoping things are looking up.

Wow, wish I had seen this thread from the beginning. I have a friend in Tokyo that produces events. Haven’t talked to her in a few years but am happy to link you to up. Gambate. Let us know if you have any job leads or contacted that ceo.

Teachers in Japan seem to be bullies.

www.newsonjapan.com
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Kind of hard to bump this as there is actually a bit of shame I've experienced but I guess that's part of the process.

And I think I owe you all an update.

I do have a tax ID as an independent to which I could approach my previous CEO as a consultant to bring him the event but frankly-- I don't feel his company deserves it. As one investor once told me: "It's not about having enough funding. It's about having the right funding." I've learned that money is cheap. There is a lot more at stake when building relationships of this nature.

Last week I just got put on payroll at my old home mountain up north and have been told to "create whatever I want." I think this whole process has woken up my home base. They recently underwent some managerial shifts and were stoked to hear I was back in town knocking on doors looking for work. Basically, I've been asked to enter round two (three?) of fundraising initiatives.

The difference now being that A) I'm no longer pre-occupied with being a HS teacher. B) The City's bureaucracy for asking for national funds has been simplified, and C) the new CEO of the local hill is the guy who was my biggest supporter 4 years ago.

Truthfully, through this roller coaster, I am now currently sitting in a position I dreamed about 4 years ago: Being on payroll to build my dream event (although I still have to secure funding.)

2019 equates to 5 months of no income in this push. Spent all my savings, nearly lost my house, nearly lost my marriage. I mean... I might have left me. Not because I cheated or lied, but because I was dreaming too big and losing too much. Questionably delusional.

1) Find yourselves a good life parter/spouse. She has been amazing in all of this. She kept me together.
    2) Buy unemployment insurance. That saved me. I forgot my previous school forced it on me. And I remember objecting to it 10 years ago. You have no idea how stoked I was to hear that I had a little life preserver sitting out there that was planted by me. I quit my job... I wasn't laid off. I didn't qualify for standard unemployment.
    3) Go big, and ask for help if it doesn't work out.
    4) Always speak the truth. There will be times when you are asking for the world and you might just get it if you hide something. Don't. Your walking away from having to hide anything will exemplify the trust given to you by those around you. All that I had built... all the people I had asked to help push the project are all still here and supporting our next push. We're just not working with that primary source of funding anymore.
    5) Be grateful. Say Thank you.

Thank you, TGR. Your ability to be there in one of my darkest hours helped me pull it together. I disappeared for a few weeks, scared to face you. I was just waiting for (creating the) right moment to tell you that I'm alive. And now... there is a big bright light at the end of the tunnel. I'm not there yet... but I owe you souls more than you know.

Right on man good to hear. Look forward to seeing some winter stoke photos

FKNA, good update to read!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Agreed. This thread is inspiring.

YES!

I boiled my thermometer, and sure enough, this spot, which purported to be two thousand feet higher than the locality of the hotel, turned out to be nine thousand feet LOWER. Thus the fact was clearly demonstrated that, ABOVE A CERTAIN POINT, THE HIGHER A POINT SEEMS TO BE, THE LOWER IT ACTUALLY IS. Our ascent itself was a great achievement, but this contribution to science was an inconceivably greater matter.

--MT--

How does one say FKNA in Japanese?

Maybe a T-shirt idea?

Where’s your old, home mountain? Sounds like a good opportunity!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

+++++++!!!
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

glad to read this update
    way to go
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Way to hang tough Gaijin, Solid!

Keep us up to speed mag, prospects sound positive...

Happier update

Hopefully your earnest efforts are rewarded...!

Glad to hear!

but tell me more about unemployment insurance where you can quit your job and still get paid....

FKNA.......
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

👍

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    very glad to here this. Yes!

Omedetogozaimasu!

Very glad it’s all sorting out for you, but wish you hadn’t felt shame and fear of keeping checking in w updates sooner. All the same, ganbatte!

Hell yeah man! Missed this the first time around. Stoked to see what you come up with on the new path towards realizing your vision.

So you got a dream job in Hokaido? Sounds amazing. Congrats.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Awesome news. So glad to read this.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums