roaring fork/aspen advice

any aspen-area fly fishers here? going to be in aspen from thursday afternoon until monday morning visiting family. wont have much time to fish, but I'm planning to peel off and spend half a day or maybe 2/3rds of a day fly fishing and I'm trying to figure out where to go. I've visited aspen countless times over the years, but not since 2016 and i've never fished there.

will stop at a fly shop thursday afternoon for a license and fly restock and to pick their brain, but hoping someone can give me some general advice

1) preferred fly shop in Aspen?
    2) if I bike down to Jaffee park on the roaring fork, what kinds of crowds can I expect there, and is there halfway decent water to be found? from what I can tell, the river there looks like decent pocket water with public shore access for at least a few miles upstream of the park. I'm staying on the roaring fork downtown near the bike path, so fishing around Jaffee really appeals to me for a lazy day of fishing and maybe dragging along a novice relative.
    3) I'm also strongly considering snowmass creek. hiked up that valley on a backpacking trip years ago and I seem to remember it looking like it had some good small trout water. anyone know more about that creek and want to give me some vague ideas about it? you can be specific if you want, though.
    4) if plans change and I have time/budget to blow $600 on a guided float on the lower RF with a family member, does anyone have a recommended guide or outfitter?

anyways, I'll figure this all out before long anyways, but I'd truly appreciate any info anyone wants to give me. I'll keep your trout nice and wet.

roaring fork/aspen advice

I don’t fish much, so take everything with a grain of salt.

1. I think most shops have moved down valley.

2. Sounds reasonable.

3. West Snowmass Creek is beautiful, but I think most of the fishing is a bit of a hike from the trailhead.

4. Scotty Nichols or Chase Demeulear.

Hope you fun! I’ll be at Jazz Fest all weekend.

if one day to fish walk/wade the Roaring Fork or the Frying Pan (very upper Pan can be crowded S#$%show....but good water all mid and lower river....a little finesse fishing....shops will say 7X tippet! [6x always fine])...Biking downstream R Fork then a little bushwack/steep down to the river good way to go....both great water if you can find a piece to yourself....Chet

actually bike down from town ie cemetery lane what I meant....hiking up some minutes(few to many) from Jaffe to get away from some folks is nice water....dry dropper should be fun and productive pocket water land...healthy fish in there....enjoy!

sweet, thanks to both of you. ruling out fryingpan to avoid the crowds and also to avoid fumbling around in a place I've never been. live near enough "world-class" rivers. reassuring to hear that hiking up from jaffee is a decent enough idea.

whats the best place to grab a sandwich in aspen now that johnny mcguires is closed? (idk if it was ever the best but it was 2 blocks away from our place...)

Big Wrap has kind of filled that spot.

I’m more into high end Happy Hour/Bar menu type deals.
    Little Nell or Clark’s Seafood for HH and Pinions, Bosq or La Hostaria for the bar menu.

You can also park at the CDOT sand shed on Service Center and hike down, or park in the ABC and walk down... each puts you near the san plant, I don't fish, but I hear it's good spots.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.