Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Well the elliptical has to go but yeah the rest of it, pretty much most days.
    Respect

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5...30014234_zpid/

suoer quiet, old school land/development. 165 cash would take this. but somethings wrong

the basemen it super clean, but the walls have a fresh coat of white paint on them, why?

I posted it last year in the "Cool Homes" thread when we had it up so sale, so okay: https://www.zillow.com/homes/13505-D...37162583_zpid/

We built it 20 years ago. Owned the land for 10 years before that. Place is pretty mint.
    Have you considered a reverse mortgage?

I know a guy.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

NIce place.Seems like a great price. Any idea on why it would take so long to sell. Even in my area of NC I could see that selling in a day or two in charlotte area for that price.

That Steigercraft looks pretty cool. If it was me, I'd go with the "Steiger Seat with Pedestal (Port)" option, which I assume replaces that fore-and-aft bench. I find benches like that are pretty uncomfortable while the boat is running, unless there is zero chop, or you want to stretch out & sleep.

The boat I fish on these days has a centerline helm seat and benches port & starboard. I pretty much just sleep on the way in and out because it's really tiring to get jerked side to side every time we hit a wave.

Yeah I'll do two captains chairs, no bench. All boats are compromises but that one checks a lot of boxes for me. It'll make a great tender when I get the real boat later.

nah

Whites a lot easier to maintain.
    The darker colors will really show the oxidation. Do you leave it in the water?

yeah

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5...30014234_zpid/

suoer quiet, old school land/development. 165 cash would take this. but somethings wrong

the basemen it super clean, but the walls have a fresh coat of white paint on them, why?
    (so i uber-d over an hr early and sat in the woods. girl was late, wanted to get a feel for the place. literally watched a woman drive over her daughters bicycle, in a sprinter van no less.)

Maybe there's a curse and everybody who lives there turns into a shitty driver.

Yeah that looks like a new roof, there's somethng weird going on if nobody wants to talk about it. I'd want to get up in the attic/crawl space and look for signs of water or fire damage.

Real Estate Question

Boat name: 3rdBettie
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

And so it begins.

nah, bones were good, twas a cursory glance,

my sis is getting older and finance is not one of her strong suits.

but i got her, no prob.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    that's a nice boat I cant see how the admiral wouldn't want her 1st and only mate floating safer
    and well yeah

lemme know if the 2 betties sprinter van needs a driver this winter
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Your shirt, it is perfect.

On that boat, you can get out of the wind so things can get and stay lit, which you as a safety inspector know is important.

Why the single engine? I always assumed two was better for redundancy far from shore? I'm admittedly a boat jong.

Well I'm not into going way offshore, I pretty much always stay in sight of land or at least not far out of sight of it. There's lots of guys who'll go 100 or more miles out but that ain't me. There's towing services all up and down the coast and I have towing insurance, a couple of vhf radios, and I'm generally in cell range, so I can get dragged in pretty easily if need be.

Two engines adds a margin of safety if you're offshore when help might be far away or unavailable for sure, but it also adds substantial weight, and definitely adds cost (2 x 150 hp engines costs more than 1 x 300, not double but more) and maintenance is doubled with 2, with 2 oil changes and everything else.

Plus modern outboards are super reliable anyways. So, for my use, 1 makes more sense in my mind.

My neighbor bought a used little boat and he's not a boater. Takes from Hampton to Portsmouth and on the way back runs out of gas because the fuel gauge is broken. No paddle which I guess makes sense. No tow insurance and sea tow is $$$. So they start hand paddling and get within a hundred or so yards of the beach. He jumps off and swims in to meet his wife with the SUP and gas can. Back out and on their merry way. Full-on kook. Beautiful.

And all else equal, singles tend to be a little faster while burning slightly less fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Why the single engine? I always assumed two was better for redundancy far from shore? I'm admittedly a boat jong.
    My uncle in law is an instructor and I asked him this same question.

He said a single engine can be safer because you can glide it possibly if needed.

Twin engine you need more expertise to balance the plane if a single engine fails. You are constantly fighting a roll with all the power in one side.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

twice as many engines to fail
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    My neighbor bought a used little boat and he's not a boater. Takes from Hampton to Portsmouth and on the way back runs out of gas because the fuel gauge is broken. No paddle which I guess makes sense. No tow insurance and sea tow is $$$. So they start hand paddling and get within a hundred or so yards of the beach. He jumps off and swims in to meet his wife with the SUP and gas can. Back out and on their merry way. Full-on kook. Beautiful.
    ha. I'm surprised he didn't just tow the boat the whole way in with the rope in his teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    I’m not going to defend an industry of workers some of which are very lazy or as described above. But since we’re sharing experiences, this is unfolding right now.

I get a call from a family friend /acquaintance who wanted me to come over and discuss their property, they think it’s time to sell the desirable land. [Almost 4 acres of buildable slightly sloped land in east Bellevue. One of the largest private parcels left in that section]. He wanted a value check because he was continuing to get letters of interest.

Well, turns out when I get there that the neighbor (an agent) wrote an offer for a client and he was motivated to sign it. After all the price is 5 times what he paid 16 yrs ago. The offer was near tax assessed - which jumped by 565k this yr alone. I directed him to pause.

After some work of showing the place to developers and days of negotiations we are near mutual at $240k more with a buyer I brought from my network. Plus more favorable closing terms for seller. Take -60k for my discounted commission and he’s 180k net higher. Wonder if he’s happy to have called an agent?
    Sure, and I don’t dispute that there are situations when an agent is necessary. My problem with your profession is that it has focused almost solely on making it as difficult as possible to transact on real estate without an agent as possible, rather than on adding value. I do see the day coming soon when tech finally eliminates most of the traditional listings. As a consumer that day can’t come soon enough IMO.

I posted it last year in the "Cool Homes" thread when we had it up so sale, so okay: https://www.zillow.com/homes/13505-D...37162583_zpid/

We built it 20 years ago. Owned the land for 10 years before that. Place is pretty mint.
    My in-laws all live in or near Cabin John and based on what they paid and got, I can’t believe that house won’t move. There’s a (very) small chance I may relocate to the Bethesda area (puke). I’d buy that house in a heartbeat.

Some of what you say is correct. Some is not. There will always be room for an expert in a real estate transaction. I've done hundreds of them. Most people only do it once or twice. I now how to do it and solve the inevitable issues that arise quickly and efficiently (which equals $) and they don't. It's a matter of experience. Common misconception is that we "find" properties and buyers for our listings. Truth is we solve the problems, and guide people through the ones that they don't know how to solve. That's what we get paid for. Any buffoon can input a listing. Only certain buffoons can navigate the issues that invariably arise.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Sure, and I don’t dispute that there are situations when an agent is necessary. My problem with your profession is that it has focused almost solely on making it as difficult as possible to transact on real estate without an agent as possible, rather than on adding value. I do see the day coming soon when tech finally eliminates most of the traditional listings. As a consumer that day can’t come soon enough IMO.
    Last edited by oftpiste; 08-29-2019 at 07:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.