Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11
    Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Thanks, awesome!

Looks like he is in the top 100 of all students for debt, yet "The government repayment plan affords the Meru family a comfortable life." Looks like he snowboards a lot more than just on weekends and goes on vacation often too. poor guy, I hope it all works out for him.
    I looked at doing the 25 yr forgiveness and letting her balance balloon to well over 1M but that's a shitty way to live your life. It's been 7 years and we have paid the bulk of it down. We were incredibly lucky to go from 8.5% interest to below 4%. We used Sofi, home equity and some begging to get down to that rate.

I think Mr. MORMON needs to work more and his wife needs a job, maybe the church will pay his loans. Too bad he's let those loans balloon. Also, maybe hold off on having more kids but he might be thinking less student loan payments if I have 10 kids.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Real Estate Question

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    a degree in a high-paying engineering field, etc. you can be pretty confident that investment will pay off long-term.
    Long term there are zero guarantees that an Engineering degree will pay off. When I was getting my engineering degree from Georgia Tech I was the envy of my fellow students because I had a guaranteed job lined up (Engineering Officer in the Navy). Late 70ís was a rough time for engineers, end of Vietnam, end of the Apollo program, etc.. Lots of my fellow engineering students struggled to find jobs in their chosen field. And that is from one of the top engineering schools in the nation. I canít imagine it was better at a lower ranked school.

Of course, that is not the case now. But long term nothing is guaranteed.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

And back to Real Estate: I am a big believer in paying off your mortgage as soon as possible. I had mine paid off in my mid-30ís and it has let me live stress free ever since.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Yup. And if you can confidently predict the job market 4-6 years from now you probably don't need to go to college, because you could make more money investing.

this thread smells like dust

a lot of people are out of touch with the reality of pay to play careers these days. 2 year MS on the med side and youíll eat 150K if youíre covering living as well

i received a wonderful MS in 2015 and in just a few short years the price tag on that program has increased 53%.

COL in any growth area with jobs that can pay off a grad degree has done similar

it lends to high income/high debt, at least for a while

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post

Yep. All fields are driven by supply and demand. It may be accurate to say there will always be tons of employed lawyers, engineers, nurses, etc. But that says nothing about the supply of people to fill those roles.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Yup- "can't afford it" is just bullshit for "don't want to prioritize that." No problem paying for the newest iPhone, Brunch, Starbucks and a few nights a week at the bar, but God forbid we ask people to take care of themselves.
    FIFY123

Harry - Of course nothing is guaranteed and I didn't mean to imply that it was, just a more probable likelihood of success than the comparative dance degree. Going a million dollars into debt for an engineering degree of any kind is definitely a bad idea.

Sent from my SM-A505U using TGR Forums mobile app