K2 Mindbender Boots

Seem to have a lot of good going on.
    All PU shell, Good Lock Mechanism.
    Din or Gripwalk Soles. Not much info out there other than marketing, anyone try them at intros last year.

Anyone have experience with Recon on which it is based.

Did a search on both, didn't find much.

Quote Originally Posted by turnfarmer View Post
    Seem to have a lot of good going on.
    All PU shell, Good Lock Mechanism.
    Din or Gripwalk Soles. Not much info out there other than marketing, anyone try them at intros last year.

Anyone have experience with Recon on which it is based.

Did a search on both, didn't find much.
    Was just looking for these. Haven't tried on but was told they are wide.

Have worked on a couple pairs of 130's for employees.

Shell is PU, cuff is Pebax, walk mode looks like a knockoff of Atomic's XTD external lever (that's a good thing, IMO), boots ship with GripWalk soles. 98mm fit (130 and 120) isn't exactly low volume, but not as big as the 100mm Recon fit.

Didn't ski it, but quality looks first rate.

I feel like everyone’s walk mode is converging to an ultimate solution the way everyone is driving an suv.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I cant speak on the MB boots but I have the recon 130 s and put 50 days on them last season. I have a narrow foot and the 98 width fits me perfectly. Lost a buckle and a ladder this year but they were replaced immediately by the local rep.
    Im not sure if it's as stiff as other 130s but im 6'4 240 lbs and with all that leverage I never once felt like I was overpowering the boot. They are light, comfortable( I did have footbeds made duh) and I was in no hurry to take them off at the end of the day. I evened toured in them a bit with some old fritschis and really didn't have any issues. My 2cents

Sent from my H3223 using Tapatalk

MB130 did not feel as stiff as the recon 130. Didn’t get the MB on snow however.

I can't get over how far K2 boots have come from the early models...The MB looks great. I had it on my foot at a shop, but would like to see how it is on snow!

Quote Originally Posted by MMMSKI View Post
    I can't get over how far K2 boots have come from the early models...The MB looks great. I had it on my foot at a shop, but would like to see how it is on snow!
    Can you compare fit to other boots, especially Nordica ProMachine or Atomic Hawx Ultra?

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    I cant speak on the MB boots but I have the recon 130 s and put 50 days on them last season. I have a narrow foot and the 98 width fits me perfectly. Lost a buckle and a ladder this year but they were replaced immediately by the local rep.
    Im not sure if it's as stiff as other 130s but im 6'4 240 lbs and with all that leverage I never once felt like I was overpowering the boot. They are light, comfortable( I did have footbeds made duh) and I was in no hurry to take them off at the end of the day. I evened toured in them a bit with some old fritschis and really didn't have any issues. My 2cents

What were your last few pair of boots before this?

Quote Originally Posted by MMMSKI View Post
    Well, they couldn't have got much worse.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    What were your last few pair of boots before this?
    https://youtu.be/KRHuYB2Pm0g

Mindbender 130 Boots?

So has anyone skied a full season in these and liked them? I can find like one instance on the net of breakage (in this thread) and virtually no reviews. I'm between these in 130 Flex and Atomic Hawx XTD 130s, based on fit. Salomon mtn labs might be ok too. Cochises fit funny on me...

I ski them when i need a touring boot, i much prefer the recons, i put the recon liner in to stiffen them up other wise they are pretty soft

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

Can’t say much about the Mindbender boots but I’ve been in the new Recon Pro for about half the season. Super light and comfortable boot, 98mm last with a roomier toe box(great for me since I’ve treated my toes poorly). “140” flex feels similar to my old Krypton Pro with the stiffeners in the low setting. They’re stiff enough to drive my 193 MB108TI in just about any conditions, including tight east coast trees.

bumping this up.

Have a pair of 130's on my desk, good looking boot. Also have the Rossi Alltrack 130 in Tacoma brown here. MB feels way better on my feet, walk mode way better than Rossi, flex is nice where the Rossi is a little like a bucket of cement, reminds me of the Green/White BD Factor MX that I hated.

Anyone know anything about the tech fittings K2 is using? I'd feel better if they had that little orange Dynafit shipping widget in them.

I know a half dozen folks who exploded theirs last year. Hopefully it’s been fixed. The recon series of boots is pretty good.

what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

woof, no bueno.

FWIW all models are labeled 'NEW' on the K2 website.

Looking for a grip walk/tech boot so on the surface these look promising, obviously without the venting feature.

Jesus... that wouldn’t be fun.... I’m debating these and the atomic prior to trying them on. Certainly don’t want them exploding on me tho

I saw a few blow up on first gen. Last years seemed fine