Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    Amatuer , try Calgary - Frankfurt then 6 hour layover then a flight to Dubai 6-7 hour then 1 hour layover then 1 hour to Muscat
    Absolutely an amateur. My 188cm, 100kg frame just doesn’t fit in Air Canada coach. So I will never seek such torturous experience to improve my cred.
    Telemark skiing is less painful.

smithers - vancover 1hr , Vancover-seoul 9hrs - Seoul- Bali 7hrs all in one go with short stops in between was longest I ever did
    a whole lot of hrs in the air but then you aren't wasting $$$$ on layovers

Several times I've stayed up 39hrs , easy when you know you can do it which is the key

So I would rather man up and do the whole travel thing in one go
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

my worst ever commercial loop

Newark to LAX – LAX to SAC (10 hour layover for a wedding in Virginia City and Reception on a PACKED BOAT southeast Lake Tahoe) – SAC to DAL – DAL to MIA – MIA to ST Thomas – St Thomas to St Vincent -- St Vincent to Canouan.

I liked to drink at the time... twas pickled. Probably the puffiest I have ever been.

Drank like a fish for a whole week with my then wife’s boss’s husband. A just retired devildog CH-53 jockey.

Altogether, thinkin I aged a year in 10 days.
    "knowledgeable in escapades of the flesh"

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    Absolutely an amateur. My 188cm, 100kg frame just doesn’t fit in Air Canada coach. So I will never seek such torturous experience to improve my cred.
    I think the Cathay Pacific long haul seats were worst than Air Canada econ. About the same size as you and had to shift up hips in order to shift knees from one side to the other. Knees would not fit in middle. That was on the 21 in one leg flight.

Worst flight stories . Manila to Victoria on a Canadian Forces 707. Its a bit of a haze as stayed up and got maybe 1/2 hour sleep so still abit drunk then hungover. Manila , on tarmac for about an hour waiting in hot sun, then to Guam , again lots of standing around, fuel spill, then to Honolulu , lots of sanding around. Have no idea how long it was but crappy in flight box lunch and tiny seats. One classmate decided not to be his usual teetotaling self and tied one one and ended up puking on the tarmac in Manila , Guam and Honolulu.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Back to the me being lazy theme—I think it was google Flights that made it easy to compare price / itinerary / coach legroom. The variation in seat pitch aka legroom was more than I had expected.

. My 188cm, 100kg frame
    These words have no meaning

How many stone would that be?
    Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    How many stone would that be?
    One for every turn?

787-9 in 3x3x3 economy? Fuck that shit. Whoever at each airline signed off on long haul with 17.2" seat width needs to be duct taped to the fucking wing. Fuck you Quantas, Fuck you United, etc.

MLB-LAX in the middle middle seat of economy plus on a UA 787 was fucking miserable even with ambien, 14 hours not counting the 3 hour ground hold. It was worse that PEK-LAX on CA 777 standard economy window with broken air conditioning, course that was only about 12 hours, but it was the middle of 3 flights.

787 should have 2x4x2 economy which gets you 19" width.
    Last edited by Summit; 08-24-2019 at 12:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

I can deal with narrower seats, but I need a minimum seat pitch at 30". Any less and my knees are jammed into the seat in front of me.

Worst seat pitch I ever experienced was Air Berlin - 29" pitch, LAX to Berlin, economy class. When it landed, they announced it was Air Berlin's last international flight into Berlin. Some of the passengers seemed weepy and took pictures of the plane as we left. I wasn't one of them.

It was a free points trip to Italy, so we put up with a lot on that one. Air Berlin halted all operations while we were in Italy, so our return flight was switched to American Airlines, which has acceptable pitch. (Trip was on AA points.) Flight to Italy was Reno to LAX, LAX to Berlin TGL, TGL to Duesseldorf, DUS to Florence. Changed planes every stop. That truly sucked.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I can deal with narrower seats
    It's all well and good on a 2.5 hour flight.... but when you have a broad individual next to you for 12 hours, it fucking sucks!
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

One for every turn?
    Leave none unturned!

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    It's all well and good on a 2.5 hour flight.... but when you have a broad individual next to you for 12 hours, it fucking sucks!
    Close your eyes and think of England...........
    Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Excuse me, can we get a seat belt extender for my neighbor?

= the worst thing you could possibly need to say

The Armrest - No Man's Land

https://www.gq.com/story/how-to-win-the-armrest-battle

If your seat partner is violating your personal space, return the favor…subtly.
    “Drop something on the ground near them, and ask them to pick it up,” says Bowden. He suggests a pen. As social mammals, we’re designed to help each other, so saying, ‘No, I’m not going to pick that up,’ is, in effect, sociopathic behavior. Either they’ll pick it up, removing their arm from the armrest, and you’ll be able to swoop in—or they won’t, and then you’ll know you’re seated next to a sociopath, which seems like a good tidbit to file away.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    20hrs on a plane? No problem.
    Done NY to Rio many times. Open bar helps. They give you a care package complete with fresh socks, tooth brush and paste. Like car camping. Not great sleep but plenty of it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.