Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Blizzard Kastle Praxis Armada Ski Sale

Labor Day bump, buy my skis please, prices dropped. If you want to risk it, the 4 pairs left are on eBay with the auctions ending Tuesday.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Bumpy bump to the top

GS skis, Katanas, and flat Scouts sold on eBay

Damnit. Look what you made me do.

What are the differences between that version ^ of the 194 MX98 and the OG 194 MX98 that I bought from skibrd?

skibrd, I'm also looking at you.

In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    Damnit. Look what you made me do.
    What length are those?

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    What length are those?

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    What are the differences between that version ^ of the 194 MX98 and the OG 194 MX98 that I bought from skibrd?

skibrd, I'm also looking at you.

Four things were changed I believe (not 100% sure):

1) The hole in the tip was made bigger on Gen 2, lightning up the swing weight and softening up the ski a smidge.
    2) The metal on the top sheet was changed from one thicker sheet (1.8mils sticks in my head for some reason) to two thinner sheets (1.4mils sticks in my head).
    3) The tail on gen 2 was turned up a bit more to make the ski easier to ski.
    4) I think something was slightly changed in the core, maybe made a bit thinner, I’m not sure. Gen 2 definitely feels thinner and flexier then Gen 1, but not my much.

There is a thread about the Mx 98 and Bonafides somewhere buried in Tech Talk that has a lot of details about both gens and how they compare to the Bonafide, Enforcer 98, Mantra (gen 3-4) and a few other similar skis. I’ll see if I can find and bump it for you.

EDIT:

I found the old Bonafide/MX98 thread and there is nothing you are looking for in there. There is a Mag who lives in Aspen, and only skis the MX98, his quiver pic is 8 or 10 pairs of 194 MX 98, I’ll see if I can find him and have him give you a better idea of the difference.

Bump for Super Freerides being back on the market. Previous buyers bailed, and it’s time to cut bait and move on. They are better then me and I need to just admit it. Super fun ski for heavy snow, but not for the faint of heart

Any interest in buying my regular 194 freerides? Not sure I’ll give em enough attention!

"I found the old Bonafide/MX98 thread and there is nothing you are looking for in there. There is a Mag who lives in Aspen, and only skis the MX98, his quiver pic is 8 or 10 pairs of 194 MX 98, I’ll see if I can find him and have him give you a better idea of the difference."

Life is too short to only ski one model of ski...even if they are a bit different between years.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    Any interest in buying my regular 194 freerides? Not sure I’ll give em enough attention!

Eh no thanks. I gave standard Freerides a go last year or the before and didn’t really mesh. Plus I’m excited to give the K2 Mindbenders a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by wstdeep View Post
    "I found the old Bonafide/MX98 thread and there is nothing you are looking for in there. There is a Mag who lives in Aspen, and only skis the MX98, his quiver pic is 8 or 10 pairs of 194 MX 98, I’ll see if I can find him and have him give you a better idea of the difference."

Life is too short to only ski one model of ski...even if they are a bit different between years.
    This coming from the guy who in the past two years has skied the following skis:

5 days on Solomon 88 wide rock skis
    2 days on 195 straight skis from 1984
    15 days on Dynastar Mythics
    4 days on Ravens (and hated every single day)
    7 days on Protos
    1 days on Moment Kamis
    187 days on Dynastar Cham 107s

Just saying you have your favorites too

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    This coming from the guy who in the past two years has skied the following skis:

5 days on Solomon 88 wide rock skis
    2 days on 195 straight skis from 1984
    15 days on Dynastar Mythics
    4 days on Ravens (and hated every single day)
    7 days on Protos
    1 days on Moment Kamis
    187 days on Dynastar Cham 107s

Just saying you have your favorites too

Ravens sucked...big time...at least to me ,old vs new school, the guy I sold them to loved them...righteous victory
    WAY more days on the Mythics...closer to a 50/50 split with the 107's
    Need more Proto days and that means deep pow...we need deep pow
    COMI's not Kamis That's what chicks wear to bed (if you ever get that chance you'll see that) ...get it right, anything 139 underfoot deserves some respect...plus they have a cool sticker and 40 days of AK use...again respect.
    Cham 107 HM default every day soft snow driver
    The Sollies are actually 90 underfoot, minty and rail turns, early season WROD fun
    The Super Mountains were wide (78mm) and floaty in the day and have at least 20 days in AK under their belt (respect) and are minty, also I ran the downhill course at Snowbasin on them for a full day of laps so there is that...fun skis

Praxis suck: *this is based on observation only

The MX98 is stable, rails at speed and are more boring than a passed out prom date due to having more dampening than a new fox shock. Skis should have life and personality not try to absorb every subtle nuance the snow tries to deliver directly to our souls.

Carry on
    Last edited by wstdeep; 11-28-2019 at 11:23 AM.

Ravens sucked...big time...at least to me ,old vs new school, the guy I sold them to loved them...righteous victory
    WAY more days on the Mythics...closer to a 50/50 split with the 107's
    Need more Proto days and that means deep pow...we need deep pow
    COMI's not Kamis That's what chicks wear to bed (if you ever get that chance you'll see that) ...get it right, anything 139 underfoot deserves some respect...plus they have a cool sticker and 40 days of AK use...again respect.
    Cham 107 HM default every day soft snow driver
    The Sollies are actually 90 underfoot, minty and rail turns, early season WROD fun
    The Super Mountains were wide (78mm) and floaty in the day and have at least 20 days in AK under their belt (respect) and are minty, also I ran the downhill course at Snowbasin on them for a full day of laps so there is that...fun skis

Praxis suck: *this is based on observation only

The MX98 is stable, rails at speed and are more boring than a passed out prom date due to having more dampening than a new fox shock. Skis should have life and personality not try to absorb every subtle nuance the snow tries to deliver directly to our souls.

Carry on
    I bet the guy who bought the Ravens mounted them on the suggested line, not back 6 or 9 cm...

I’m calling BS on splitting time between the Mythics and 107s. 10000% good old fashion BS. You did ski the Mythics more then other skis, but your go that gets skied 80% of the time is still the 107s.

Comi or Kami or whatever, the girls who sleep over don’t wear anything to bed with me, so I don’t know what those are. You have even met a few and told me to keep some around, the crazy Slovenia says hi and is coming out again this winter. Heli skiing skis are cool, so these get a pass.

Deep day skis are always good, we will have more Protests days to come, wait I mean Proto cause you won’t give any Praxis a try, never less the legendary Protests. It’s sort of interesting that the Protos have a very similar shape to the Protests, but have only been around a few years. Good to see Dynastar copying a good thing.

Stable and easy makes my knees and joints happy. Why get rattled around all day long when I don’t have to? Suspension in skis makes for a nice platform that doesn’t shake my fillings out.

I’ve got a few new pairs for this season that I need to figure out, it’s going to be a fun December. I’d ask if you have new skis to figure out but we both know they already got sold cause it’s Cham 107s for life, nothing else matters haha.

See you next week buddy, it’s time to ride the tram and ski the bowl

I like the Tram and Bowl

I like the Tram and Bowl
    I like the tram

Super free rides include bindings?

Quote Originally Posted by Skiwurrel View Post
    Super free rides include bindings?
    $200 is flat

$375 for Super Freerides and Green Pivots

$475 for Super Freerides and BNIP Forza Pivots

I can throw in a complete CAST 1.0 set up for an extra $100 if you want too.

Shipping isn’t included.

That sets a base line, make an offer if you don’t like it.