Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Agreed. New Orleans is seriously one of the best destinations ever for foodies. SSSOOOOO many damn good options there. Been meaning to do a weekend there someday with the wife. She's still never been.
    Yeah, same here, I've been many times but the wife hasn't. And NOLA is an amazing foodie town even if you have a tight budget, you can eat amazing food while skipping the fine dining experience. Fucking love that town, need to go there again.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I find Manhattan a weird place to enjoy fine dining vs. going to one of the nearby farm to table places like Blue Hill, or even other cities

Take Per Se for example. If you walk around the area to Columbus Circle you'll pass a bunch of people (and it's gotten worse in the last years) who ask you for money for food. If I have time I'll offer to walk them to the nearest food cart vendor and buy them a whatever---don't be surprised if they are really picky eaters and only want the cash . Then you pop into Per Se and spend >$1000 on dinner for 3 afterwards. You kinda have to disconnect yourself from reality.

But the view is nice.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Yeah, same here, I've been many times but the wife hasn't. And NOLA is an amazing foodie town even if you have a tight budget, you can eat amazing food while skipping the fine dining experience. Fucking love that town, need to go there again.
    Word. Lunch at Commander's is a favorite there...Cochon has never disappointed as well...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by PassTheDutchie View Post
    Don't get the appeal of fancy steak houses at all. Steak is the one thing I can competently and easily pull off at home; if I am going out for a special meal, I'm going to go somewhere with food that is above my skill grade.
    I'd always thought of them as a neutral place for expensed business dinners. Having said that, I can't find good long dryaged beef locally and doing it myself is a pita.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Take Per Se for example. If you walk around the area to Columbus Circle you'll pass a bunch of people (and it's gotten worse in the last years) who ask you for money for food. If I have time I'll offer to walk them to the nearest food cart vendor and buy them a whatever---don't be surprised if they are really picky eaters and only want the cash . Then you pop into Per Se and spend >$1000 on dinner for 3 afterwards. You kinda have to disconnect yourself from reality.
    Sounds like going out to eat in downtown San Francisco! Felt very bizarre to eat at a super nice place while a bunch of homeless people were sleeping in the alley right outside the window by my table. Now I don't know how things are shaping up in NYC these days as it's been a while, but New York seemed to be WAAAAAAAAY better on that front compared to SF, but I'm comparing 2012 NYC to 2019 SF. You say it's gotten worse lately, though? That sucks. I got to see it during the post-Giuliani "sanitized" days of New York. Haha.

www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    Word. Lunch at Commander's is a favorite there...Cochon has never disappointed as well...
    We had a Cochon here and it went out of business!!! I loved that place.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by PassTheDutchie View Post
    Don't get the appeal of fancy steak houses at all. Steak is the one thing I can competently and easily pull off at home; if I am going out for a special meal, I'm going to go somewhere with food that is above my skill grade.
    To think you are on par with the top steakhouses in the country is a bit bold.

Sit at the bar at Keen's and they bring a free snack. King's Cut prime rib or the Mutton Chop. Both I never do at home.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Name:  2725_national_scrapple_day.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  118.1 KB
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    Name:  2725_national_scrapple_day.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  118.1 KB
    Blech... Where's the puke emoji when you need it? Scrapple is one thing I definitely do not miss from my frequent trips I used to have to make to Delaware. So gross, and I'm down for most anything. Haha.

WTF is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    WTF is that?
    You don't wanna know. If anybody ever serves it to you, it's best not to ask.

hangover food.

Goetta?
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    WTF is that?

Some of the techniques of high end restaurants can be mimicked but it is hard to source the same meat.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Some of the techniques of high end restaurants can be mimicked but it is hard to source the same meat.
    This.

Ill mention Cote again. 150 and 100 day dry aged beef is really hard to come by. As is real A5. The steak Omakase was one of the best beef experiences I've ever had.

I feel that the Asian culture is light years ahead of the rest of the culinary world.

Trying to get a reservation here https://www.osteriafrancescana.it
    in October. Probably won't happen, but I think it would be amazing. If you have never watched Chef's Table on Netflix, watch the episode on Massimo first.

There’s always that French restaurant, Jacque in the Box.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    There’s always that French restaurant, Jacque in the Box.
    Their pomme frite de curl are to die for!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

You really need to do yourself a favor and go to The Beatrice Inn. The duck is plenty for 2 and comes with some potatoes. 130 bucks (10 dollar increase over last year).

The steak is absurd as far as pricing goes. That duck is one of the best deals in town though. I also got the Alliums and Foie Gras (32 dollar side...) I have never seen that much foie gras. I ate way too much and woke up with the sweats late that evening. Veal carpaccio probably didn't help.

https://thebeatriceinn.com/summer/

Anyone suggested Chez Paul in Chicago yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Mayor Daley still go there?

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Mayor Daley still go there?
    No sir, he's dead. But private dining rooms are available.

The soup is fucking $10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........