Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 34
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Whistler, BC
    Posts
    1,322

    Mid fat playful resort ski

    Hello all, wanna help me pick my new middle ski in my quiver?

    I tend to like directional skis with set back mounts, but want to stray away from this a little.

    Looking for ~185 and ~100mm width, progressive mount, twin tip for skiing slush, groomers and messing about. Don’t want something too floppy.

    Will fit into my quiver between 185 sally Xdrive 88 which are my groomer skis and my 184 V Werx katana w/shift which are my ‘every day’ soft snow ski.

    I ski Whistler Blackcomb.

    Contenders are

    Line Sakana- not twin, not progressive mount but sound awesome fun!

    Atomic Chetler 100

    I am curious to try something like the Devastator, it sounds perfect, only it’s wider than I want and would overlap my Katana’s too much.

    Does anyone make a 100mm equivalent of the Devastator?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Whelk View Post
    a more stupid motherfuck does not exist.
    Big Balls is worst asshat kind.
    kind that wear bukkake from above.
    with warm drown he gurgles final death, for one time not worried about his misplaced import known of african american social standing and prominent community members. for he is only drown, as is the way.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    tahoe de chingao
    Posts
    465
    moment pbj?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,758

    Mid fat playful resort ski

    Praxis Piste Jib

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    on the banks of Fish Creek
    Posts
    1,224
    Praxis Rx......

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Wasatch
    Posts
    5,118
    Corvus May fit the bill.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Alta
    Posts
    451
    Just buy the devestators. Mount them -1. Great on firm snow. Crush crud like no other. But still loose and fun.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,758
    Devs are a great maritime daily driver imo. personally, PJ is my east coast dd, Devs are west coast Dd. I also mount -1. The 184s ski short. The 194s haul but aren’t that demanding.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Gaperville, CO
    Posts
    3,663
    The Rustler 10 is a good ski.

    If you want something heavier and damper, the J Skis Masterblaster is the closest you're going to get to a 100ish Devastator. Heavy, metal, medium flexing.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NWCT
    Posts
    1,899
    Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Just buy the devestators.
    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    This.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the swamp
    Posts
    6,426
    ON3P Kartel 98? Or Wren 98?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    1,075

    Mid fat playful resort ski

    Skinny CONCEPT, or Meridian
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Frantically crawling out of the backseat
    Posts
    331
    Forget your Lines and Chetlers, this is the one you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Here’s the dumbest person on tgr
    "If you don't got Olin, then your store could use some fixin'"

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Whistler, BC
    Posts
    1,322
    Quote Originally Posted by CS2-6 View Post
    Forget your Lines and Chetlers, this is the one you want.
    Funny you should say that....but already got one of those that I inherited off my old man. Exact same model by the looks of it. Never been out on it.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Whelk View Post
    a more stupid motherfuck does not exist.
    Big Balls is worst asshat kind.
    kind that wear bukkake from above.
    with warm drown he gurgles final death, for one time not worried about his misplaced import known of african american social standing and prominent community members. for he is only drown, as is the way.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Whistler, BC
    Posts
    1,322
    Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    The Rustler 10 is a good ski.

    If you want something heavier and damper, the J Skis Masterblaster is the closest you're going to get to a 100ish Devastator. Heavy, metal, medium flexing.
    Skied the Rustler, great skis but looking for something more ‘jibby’ I think.

    Master blaster wasn’t on my radar, but is now.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Whelk View Post
    a more stupid motherfuck does not exist.
    Big Balls is worst asshat kind.
    kind that wear bukkake from above.
    with warm drown he gurgles final death, for one time not worried about his misplaced import known of african american social standing and prominent community members. for he is only drown, as is the way.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    FR&CH
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    The Rustler 10 is a good ski.

    If you want something heavier and damper, the J Skis Masterblaster is the closest you're going to get to a 100ish Devastator. Heavy, metal, medium flexing.
    I've just read on Blister that the 2020 Rustler 10 gains 150g per ski compared to the previous year btw.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    273
    Ross Black Ops 98 also seems to be in the category you're looking for.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sandy by the front
    Posts
    1,790
    Moment Meridian fits the bill perfectly

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    30
    Note that this year’s devastators have been made lighter according to 4frnt’s site, so may not crush chop/crud as well as prior versions

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    voting in seattle
    Posts
    4,002
    187 Dynastar Slicer/Menace 98
    182 Rossi Black Ops
    Chetler 100 as you mentioned
    ARV 96ti

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    470
    ARV 96ti is great.

    Moment PB&J is awesome and is what I rock for harder snow play at WB.

    If the rustler 10 wasn’t playful enough I dont think the masterblaster will be either.

    You should also go checkout the new prior northwest 100/110 it was a super fun ski with some backbone.

    Personally I think the black ops 98 skis like shit all mtn and functions more as a wide park ski.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Whistler, BC
    Posts
    1,322
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    ARV 96ti is great.

    Moment PB&J is awesome and is what I rock for harder snow play at WB.

    If the rustler 10 wasn’t playful enough I dont think the masterblaster will be either.

    You should also go checkout the new prior northwest 100/110 it was a super fun ski with some backbone.

    Personally I think the black ops 98 skis like shit all mtn and functions more as a wide park ski.
    It’s not that the rustler wasn’t playful enough, but I’m kinda after something that’s more of an ‘all mountain jib’ ski...I think.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Whelk View Post
    a more stupid motherfuck does not exist.
    Big Balls is worst asshat kind.
    kind that wear bukkake from above.
    with warm drown he gurgles final death, for one time not worried about his misplaced import known of african american social standing and prominent community members. for he is only drown, as is the way.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Gaperville, CO
    Posts
    3,663
    Quote Originally Posted by rob stokes View Post
    It’s not that the rustler wasn’t playful enough, but I’m kinda after something that’s more of an ‘all mountain jib’ ski...I think.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Then I wouldn't be looking at skis like the Dev or Masterblasters. They are both pretty tanks, even though they are easy to move around on the ground they aren't much fun in the air due to weight.

    PB&J, Kartel (or whatever it is named now) are good options. If you want a cheap option, the Dynastar Slice/Menace may fit the bill. If you can find an old Volkl Bridge or Nordica Soul Rider those might work well too.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,758
    4frnt Cody/Gaucho

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    idaho panhandle!
    Posts
    6,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    4frnt Cody/Gaucho
    I own the Cody and can confirm this. Super fun and playful. It can actually haul ass as well. Any turn shape and boosts well.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Imaginationland
    Posts
    3,733
    Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    I own the Cody and can confirm this. Super fun and playful. It can actually haul ass as well. Any turn shape and boosts well.
    Fuckin ditto

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •