Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 34 of 34
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    22
    I've spent some time on both the Sakana and Devastator and found them to be pretty much opposites from one another. The Sakana is quick, poppy and provides tons of rebound out of carved turns, while still being easy to break free into slashes and different turn shapes. The Devastators (at least the 184cm version from a couple of years ago) are much damper and less energetic. They can hold an edge fine but aren't a 'fun' carver like the Sakana.

    I think the Sakanas sound like a better fit for your stated purpose. FWIW I picked up a pair of Dynastar Slicer 98s a few weeks back to fill pretty much this exact slot in my quiver for Whistler. $299 CAD at online at Corbetts, but they only have the 171cm and 181cm in stock.


  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    The Rustler 10 is a good ski.

    If you want something heavier and damper, the J Skis Masterblaster is the closest you're going to get to a 100ish Devastator. Heavy, metal, medium flexing.
    Concur

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Whistler, BC
    Posts
    1,322
    Quote Originally Posted by Jongle View Post
    I've spent some time on both the Sakana and Devastator and found them to be pretty much opposites from one another.

    Yeah thatís true. I presumed the devs would be playful in the fact that they are fully rockerd and fairly forward mounted....but maybe their heft negates that.

    Sakana is off the list I think.

    Arv96 T.I. peaks my interest.



    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Whelk View Post
    a more stupid motherfuck does not exist.
    Big Balls is worst asshat kind.
    kind that wear bukkake from above.
    with warm drown he gurgles final death, for one time not worried about his misplaced import known of african american social standing and prominent community members. for he is only drown, as is the way.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Wasatch
    Posts
    5,118
    I have 185 Cochise (108 waist) with pivot mount at 310 if that works on BSL

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    22
    I found the Devs playful in that they made it fun to air off of stuff and provided a really solid landing platform, and they were easy to pivot... But they needed some speed to come alive and were pretty boring at low/moderate speeds. I'm a smaller guy so that may have played into it too.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    9,138
    Quote Originally Posted by rob stokes View Post
    Yeah that’s true. I presumed the devs would be playful in the fact that they are fully rockerd and fairly forward mounted....but maybe their heft negates that.

    Sakana is off the list I think.

    Arv96 T.I. peaks my interest.
    I'll second the Armadas if you want a poppier ski. They'll hold up to some speed and hard conditions if you ski them in a longer length. I own the old 99 in 188 and skied the 96 in 184 for 1/2 day. 96 is a bit more playful but that could be the size delta. I'd get the 96 if my 99's weren't still truckin'. Ti Armada's hand flex soft, which always worried me in the shop, but once you get out on them they don't ski that way.

    I too found the Devastators too damp and kinda boring. There's no camber so there's zero rebound. Meh. The new K2 Mindbender 99 (which I skied at end of last year) is a better Devastator-type ski than the Devastator. I think time has passed the Devastator by.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Frantically crawling out of the backseat
    Posts
    330
    Quote Originally Posted by rob stokes View Post
    but already got one of those that I inherited off my old man. Exact same model
    Hahaha no shit. That's surprising. I guess, statistically, nothing's impossible.

    You should take it out for a spin and see if it skis as bizarrely as I can only assume it must.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Hereís the dumbest person on tgr
    "If you don't got Olin, then your store could use some fixin'"

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Whistler, BC
    Posts
    1,322
    Quote Originally Posted by CS2-6 View Post
    Hahaha no shit. That's surprising. I guess, statistically, nothing's impossible.

    You should take it out for a spin and see if it skis as bizarrely as I can only assume it must.
    Yeah itís in my mums attic in the UK, next time I go back I might try bring it over here!


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Whelk View Post
    a more stupid motherfuck does not exist.
    Big Balls is worst asshat kind.
    kind that wear bukkake from above.
    with warm drown he gurgles final death, for one time not worried about his misplaced import known of african american social standing and prominent community members. for he is only drown, as is the way.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Frantically crawling out of the backseat
    Posts
    330
    Quote Originally Posted by rob stokes View Post
    next time I go back I might try bring it over here!
    I, for one, eagerly anticipate the review.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Hereís the dumbest person on tgr
    "If you don't got Olin, then your store could use some fixin'"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •