WTB 26.8 dropper post

Want to put a dropper on my 2001 Bianchi Grizzly. 100mm travel and remote control are ideal. Anyone holding anything that would work?

Does anyone even make a 26.8 dropper other than Gravity Dropper? That's not a common size for droppers.

Unfortunately I’m not seeing anyone that does

^ ha! I had one of those! So cutting edge. Might still have it.

That works

I'm pretty sure I have a Hite-Rite and a 26.8 American Classic titanium seatpost in the parts bin.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Ha - still available on eBay

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I'm pretty sure I have a Hite-Rite and a 26.8 American Classic titanium seatpost in the parts bin.
    I have a 26.8 post. This could be fun, no?

Apparently, a PNW Pine 27.2 and some 80 grit can get you to your desired destination. Jump to post #137:

https://forums.mtbr.com/families-rid...ld-999443.html

Pretty sure I've done that ^^ to fit a parts bin post on a road bike...two hair widths all around and only as far up as the post needs to go. Might have used 240 and finished with some 400 or 600 or whatever black stuff I had around. Any worse than running a shim?

It's probably totally fine to TBH, it's only 0.2 mm worth of tubing thickness. SJ's two decade-old frame will probably break long before a 27.2 seatpost sanded down 26.8 will.

That was kinda my thinking at the time. I don't know that I'd use 80 grit to take off 1/125 of an inch, but YRMV.

WTB 26.8 dropper post

Good call. Anyone got a cheap 27.2 dropper I can give this a shot with? Even those seem pretty rare.

Jong Lafitte- check it out.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3834.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	291960
    Last edited by Self Jupiter; 08-21-2019 at 07:50 PM.

Those Tmars Gravity Dropper clones are like $80 on ebay. It would even look period-correct for that bike!

PM Damien, he might have some stockpiled with a stash of 26" tires.

WTB 26.8 dropper post

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    Good call. Anyone got a cheap 27.2 dropper I can give this a shot with? Even those seem pretty rare.

Jong Lafitte- check it out.

Name:	IMG_3834.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	291960
    Hey hey! How about that! Ol girl looks pretty good with that new fork! Looks like you got a different one since the first (emergency) replacement. I’m so stoked someone’s getting miles on it. That looks better than it did with the original Marzocchi, that fork was smooth though. Sorry it didn’t make it. Still the coolest frame I ever had. Good on ya for keeping her seaworthy! Great to see, thanks for the pic!

Funny how I got that after I had this twitchy racy caad3 with an SID I built xt/xtr. Liked that but man, that Bianchi was so quiet and smooth in comparison. Hope she brings many more miles!

Edit: oh nice looks like you went disc front and in the back too; and new wheels and a 1x conversion. Cool!!
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

WTB 26.8 dropper post

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Those Tmars Gravity Dropper clones are like $80 on ebay. It would even look period-correct for that bike!
    Just bought one for $28.99 or something like that, will be shipped from Asia in a month or so. Looking forward to botching the sanding job.

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    Hey hey! How about that! Ol girl looks pretty good with that new fork! Looks like you got a different one since the first (emergency) replacement. I’m so stoked someone’s getting miles on it. That looks better than it did with the original Marzocchi, that fork was smooth though. Sorry it didn’t make it. Still the coolest frame I ever had. Good on ya for keeping her seaworthy! Great to see, thanks for the pic!

Funny how I got that after I had this twitchy racy caad3 with an SID I built xt/xtr. Liked that but man, that Bianchi was so quiet and smooth in comparison. Hope she brings many more miles!

Edit: oh nice looks like you went disc front and in the back too; and new wheels and a 1x conversion. Cool!!
    Hah! I came from a CAAD3 as my only adult mountain bike before the Grizzly. Bent a wheel and slit a hole through the chainstay with the tires. I was a moron in college. The Grizzly is a huge improvement from that bike.

Yup, third fork, still miss the Zoke but they’re harder and harder to come by, it seems. The SL judders more and isn’t as smooth or plush, but it is way lighter. Got a lot of these parts off this thing, which I found on CL and is cool in its own right— 1993 Giant Cadex Carbon. The older gentleman also had some other 26’ disc wheels I took home with me too. I’ll rebuild this Cadex frame as SS/bar bike or whatever some day — unless someone really wants it, Mrs Jupiter would be so proud to see me actually sell something bike related.. and I’m already sentimentally attached to the Bianchi for being the bike that got me back into MTB after many years without riding.

Name:	IMG_3779.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	2.32 MB 
ID:	292347

Went 1x last summer, but couldn’t keep the not disc wheels true (read- much operator error). Also now running appx 100mm of travel and it feels nice with that. Going to get a shorter stem and wider bars eventually. Here she is on the maiden voyage with discs, with most of the parts switched over. It’s a seriously fun bike on some of the mellower XC singletrack we’ve got here in MA.

Name:	IMG_3865.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	2.24 MB 
ID:	292348
    Last edited by Self Jupiter; 08-26-2019 at 03:45 PM.

Saw that cadex in the New England thread, that thing is badass. You live near willowdale?

WTB 26.8 dropper post

Live closer to Boston. I try and ride Willowdale pretty often, I grew up in Ipswich and rode around there as a kid. Happy to hear you thought it was cool too. These bikes are fun on those trails