Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Snoqualmie Building Deprtment was takin' plaster tire tracks,
    Footprints, dog-smellin' prints and they took twenty-seven 8 x 10 colored
    Glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of
    Each one explainin' what each one was, to be used as evidence...
    well played, Arlo.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

We need to start a over/under of how many stink eyes from parents the op will receive when they tape off that play structure. How many citations and amount of fine the Indian family will receive for this. How long until the kids asks you "hey daddy, what's a snitch ?" I don't have any issues with the op contacting the city but things get divided pretty quick with these things.

is it still upright?

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    the depth of that member
    Uh…did you say something about a member?
    Name:  beebe.png
Views: 555
Size:  279.9 KB
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    We need to start a over/under of how many stink eyes from parents the op will receive when they tape off that play structure. How many citations and amount of fine the Indian family will receive for this. How long until the kids asks you "hey daddy, what's a snitch ?" I don't have any issues with the op contacting the city but things get divided pretty quick with these things.
    I would assume that his report was anonymous, and unless the OP makes it known that it was him who called in the report, I doubt anyone will know.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Nah, it'll be closed until they get it structurally sound, but I highly doubt there will be a fine or citation. I can't speak for another municipality, but we would handle something like this by doubling the permit fees when they submit plans for how they intend to correct the deficiencies.

Also, Danno, many jurisdictions will not accept anonymous complaints, as they shouldn't, IMO.

Cash in an envelope can solve alot problems

Don't be a pussy. Dude's handle is AK47. He's got this under control.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

It’s all good. Will see when I pick my daughter up if it’s roped off.

Zero fucks given about parents. If this was a carport or a residential structure, hell even a park I wouldn’t care one bit.

My kid is there 45 hours a week so I care.

But my AK is gassed up with FMJ’s and ready to chop if any of these motherfucking parents say shit.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Also, Danno, many jurisdictions will not accept anonymous complaints, as they shouldn't, IMO.
    Well, they do here.

And they should accept anonymous complaints. People should not subject themselves to possible retaliation just to report something that is unsafe.

If you knew the ratio of false and malicious complaints to legitimate ones, you would understand why certain places no longer accept them anonymously.

But regardless, it isn't germane to this thread and it's happy ending.

If you knew the ratio of false and malicious complaints to legitimate ones, you would understand why certain places no longer accept them anonymously.

It's more germane to this thread than the usual thread drift.

I am not suggesting that the jurisdiction shouldn't take down the name/info of the complainant, just that the info should not be shared with the person/property of the rules violation. The jurisdiction is the one that should be deciding if the complaint is false/malicious (which it can if it collects personal info of the complainant); it shouldn't be up to the property owner to determine that.

I didn’t report this anonymously. Might be a bit of weird tension when I pick my kid up later.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    It's more germane to this thread than the usual thread drift.

I am not suggesting that the jurisdiction shouldn't take down the name/info of the complainant, just that the info should not be shared with the person/property of the rules violation. The jurisdiction is the one that should be deciding if the complaint is false/malicious (which it can if it collects personal info of the complainant); it shouldn't be up to the property owner to determine that.
    We're in agreement there.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    I didn’t report this anonymously. Might be a bit of weird tension when I pick my kid up later.

Fuck them if there is. You didn't call in a complaint because someone missed a nail each in 2 of the joist hangers, the structure isn't safe to be under/around.

If this was a carport or a residential structure, hell even a park I wouldn’t care one bit.
    Guy around here got killed by his carport collapsing on him a few winters ago. Not that I'm going out looking, just saying.

Now that the city is involved and they have forwarded to other departments for review, it snowballs like this:

Planning/zoning: fake grass not allowed by ordinance. Must have at least 4, 3 inch caliber trees in R1 zone. No parent pick up and drop off curbside in this zone, new parking lot required.
    Engineering: Must have on site detention for 100 year storm and oil/sand separator before storm drain tie-in. Geotech report required for new parking lot.
    Fire: Structure is an 'A' occupancy. Load requires fire suppression and alarm. Fire suppression will have to be a dry system. New hydrant required to meet distance requirement to FDC.
    Water Dept.: Main on that street is only 6". State code requires 8" main for hydrant. Must upgrade 600 feet of 6" to c900 8".
    WDOT: Tie in point is in state road, must do traffic study before lane closures for underground work.

Total cost of playground structure: $750,000

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Now that the city is involved and they have forwarded to other departments for review, it snowballs like this:

Planning/zoning: fake grass not allowed by ordinance. Must have at least 4, 3 inch caliber trees in R1 zone. No parent pick up and drop off curbside in this zone, new parking lot required.
    Engineering: Must have on site detention for 100 year storm and oil/sand separator before storm drain tie-in. Geotech report required for new parking lot.
    Fire: Structure is an 'A' occupancy. Load requires fire suppression and alarm. Fire suppression will have to be a dry system. New hydrant required to meet distance requirement to FDC.
    Water Dept.: Main on that street is only 6". State code requires 8" main for hydrant. Must upgrade 600 feet of 6" to c900 8".
    WDOT: Tie in point is in state road, must do traffic study before lane closures for underground work.

Did you apply for a permit in Aspen? I wish things were a little more like that here. The amount of slapdash, half-baked, inadequately reviewed projects that get approved around here is mind boggling.

Fuck them if there is. You didn't call in a complaint because someone missed a nail each in 2 of the joist hangers, the structure isn't safe to be under/around.
    This...
    Stick to your AK.

Did you apply for a permit in Aspen? I wish things were a little more like that here. The amount of slapdash, half-baked, inadequately reviewed projects that get approved around here is mind boggling.
    Welcome to Washington.

you used to have to say your name around here
    now it's all anonymous
    ten years ago no one got turned in for anything unless it was really fucked
    now it's pretty standard to get turned in, it seems to be the new sport around here, just sent a consultation contract out this morning for a job that got turned in, they want my expertise
    one of my guys had a next door homeowner all over him the day we started a project
    he told her he didn't know anyting about permits or permision from hoa or anything, which pissed her off
    I told him he answered all her questions perfectly and gave him a gold star

Guy around here got killed by his carport collapsing on him a few winters ago.
    We should get Pure Gravity to look into that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I cannot imagine a childcare facility being upset about someone looking out for all the children's safety. They probably had no idea it was poor construction.

Guy around here got killed by his carport collapsing on him a few winters ago. Not that I'm going out looking, just saying.

You forgot the state licensed childcare operating with unpermitted/unsafe structure leads to fine and license suspension leading to school closure for 17 weeks while child welfare investigation leads to INS showing up and figuring out work visa is not eligible to run a preschool leading to deportation of half the family(ies) . Followed by a Trump tweet with matching Fox story about "dangerous" illegal alien criminals in NW endangering children and stealing money from unsuspecting Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    you used to have to say your name around here
    now it's all anonymous
    ten years ago no one got turned in for anything unless it was really fucked
    now it's pretty standard to get turned in, it seems to be the new sport around here, just sent a consultation contract out this morning for a job that got turned in, they want my expertise
    one of my guys had a next door homeowner all over him the day we started a project
    he told her he didn't know anyting about permits or permision from hoa or anything, which pissed her off
    I told him he answered all her questions perfectly and gave him a gold star
    is she hot ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Welcome to Washington.
    Where local building codes supersede Gujarati building codes.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang