Pieps pro bt & powder bt slider issue

Anybody else have issues with pro/powder bt slider?
    The new slider is shit!

Same goes with rebranded black diamond models Guide bt & recon bt
    I am thinking of returning my beacon.

Expected something like the old slider with a solid click. The new thing is flimsy as fuck

Yeah, perhaps - though I'm not that unimpressed with it.
    The "old" yellow ones were too stiff and the lock cracked so it [the lock] wasn't functional any more. At least three of us have recently had it happen. [There's a thread about it here.]

So, perhaps you simply want another manufacturer.

Disclosure. I had the old yellow Peips Pro, and it cracked. BD warranty replaced it with the new black/blue BT Guide - and from my limited use [sitting around snacking on crisps] I don't see anything wrong with it. Honestly, if you're jamming the slider and lock around that hard, I think it's not the beacon's fault. [And in my experience, BD will probably handle any significant problems well anyway.]

Just my two cents.

Ok. You got yours for free and i paied 300E for it. I had different expectations. Did not do any research before as i thought can't go wrong with a pieps product.

The slider is not breaking. It is more the not really locking in. The spring pushing the lock in place is not very strong. And the actual locking pin is a millimeter wide so i have to be very accuarate when doing this. This is my 3rd beacon and the ones before i could blindly turn them on and hear a click so i knew all is on. This one i have to check very carefully if it is actually on and the slider is secured.

Quote Originally Posted by nordekette View Post
    Anybody else have issues with pro/powder bt slider?
    The new slider is shit!

Same goes with rebranded black diamond models Guide bt & recon bt
    I am thinking of returning my beacon.

Expected something like the old slider with a solid click. The new thing is flimsy as fuck
    I think my point - given your initial post - is your "confusion" over how much better the old switch was. The old was, as I noted, stiff and certainly not brain-dead simple. It worked fine, but it wasn't the kind of thing I'd have felt good about, if I couldn't see and handle the beacon carefully when turning it on, or switching modes. And, for at least some of us, the switch/lock cracked and that would be a huge problem.

The new beacon with the tactile feedback [vibration] is a lot better in that regard. It's also not as stiff. I don't see the lock failing [though we'll see] and IMO, turning it on, is pretty simple.

If you'd have said - I far prefer BCA's beacon - for X,Y and Z - I might not agree, but it would make sense.

But you're all "Oh, the old beacon+switch was SO MUCH BETTER."
    No, it wasn't.
    The new one is, IMO, far superior in all the areas you actually complain about.

You may not like the new beacon, but it's better than the old one.

I have a Pieps that I bought new in February of 2018 and my wife has a BD transceiver from last winter and they both seem pretty similar. I handle a lot of transceivers during the winter and like the interface and performance of either of these transceivers a lot.