Am foolish to buy an older patrol?

Considering buying a brand new 2017 transition patrol frame. I can use almost all the parts of my 2014 Rocky mountain altitude on it. Frame is well priced on evo right now. Or should I sell and try newer geometry?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

The original patrols were great bikes. Less rowdy and more appropriate for general trail riding than the current patrols, which doesn't make them a bad bike.

Modern geo is great, but if you're on a budget, it's kinda hard to justify. It's not like you're looking at buying a Y bike or something. Only consideration is that you probably won't be able to sell it for much down the line.

Yeah that's kind of what I was thinking. And the geo is more modern than my Rocky which feels a little cramped. Thanks for the reinforcement. I usually ride bikes until they're not worth anything anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Nope. Those things are sick, especially with the 2017 link.

I'm about to buy one too if my Guerilla Gravity frame doesn't show up this summer.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

I would just to avoid all of the axles sizes. I think all of the blow out Knolly warden/ Deliriums & canfield Balances are gone.

watch out for snakes

Am foolish to buy an older patrol?

Do it!

I picked up my Patrol frame cheap a few years back to get off something I was riding as a result of a work commitment. I was pleasantly surprised at how versatile and capable it is. Still have it and plan to b00gie on it till it pukes (or work dictates something else).

One thing I would consider if you are going to swap your parts over... Ditch your current wheel set and get something more contemporary (wider) that will allow you to run a bigger tire. This made a noticeable difference for me. As an example, you can still get a new non boost wheel set from Stans that won't break the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    Nope. Those things are sick, especially with the 2017 link.
    More progressiver?
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

If you're looking at the alloy one, that teal is an all-time great bike color. Worth doing it just for that.

Well I hesitated until this morning and evo.com sold out of their szL last night. What a bummer

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    More progressiver?
    more progressive

Better than the new ones actually
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp