Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Aren't we experiencing a world wide epidemic of selfie deaths these days? This sure looks like an advanced case of such a stunt, and they were really lucky.
    It was absolutely suppose to be an Instagram post, but not the crash part, ha.

And no it's not a world-wide epidemic of selfie deaths, it's relatively very very few.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Seeing whales breaching in Half Moon Bay is not a stretch at all. The jellyfish sting part, however, is very likely complete and utter bullshit.

Toast nailed it above. Doesn't matter if he has a trust fund or if he's self made, he's just a douchebag all around.

I guess you might be able to determine if the plane really crapped out on him from the video of the crash by looking at the prop speed and maybe an audio of the analysis.

I wonder what this thread would say if he did die in the crash

Sent from my H3223 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    I'm gonna go with "at least he died doing what he loved"

or maybe

"fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

If he died...thoughts and prayers.

Guy was a douchebag doing something stupid and killed that poor woman.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Guy was a douchebag doing something stupid and killed that poor woman.
    Timothy Treadwell style

I really don't think many on here would shed a tear for him or have much to say in the way of condolences. I shouldn't speak for others though I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Just the hull?

You’d think they’d want to cover the wings and the, um...fucking other plane parts...or whatever.
    Jeez

Wings, rudder, elevators, prop, engine, seats, avionics = extra!

hull = collision (insurance)

The hull policy can be had in 3 tiers (ime). The most expensive, pretty much all inclusive. (excluding annuals and fatiguing parts)
    ​I am not in your hurry

I guess you might be able to determine if the plane really crapped out on him from the video of the crash by looking at the prop speed and maybe an audio of the analysis.

Karma.

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    ...pilots must manually switch between left and right fuel tanks.
    Attachment 292095
    Plausible/probable

I've been aloft when a tank went dry. practicepracticepractice

I'd like to know at what altitude did this "failure" occur.

Anyway you slice it, this kid is a cheese dick
    ​I am not in your hurry

Quote Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post
    Jeez

Wings, rudder, elevators, prop, engine, seats, avionics = extra!

hull = collision (insurance)

The hull policy can be had in 3 tiers (ime). The most expensive, pretty much all inclusive. (excluding annuals and fatiguing parts)
    awww. I thought for sure you had misspelled "full".

swing and a miss!

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    ...I thought for sure you had misspelled "full"...
    overthinking it

Too many empty calories in your diet?

Tsk Tsk
    ​I am not in your hurry

The press is starting to turn on him

https://www.ktvu.com/amp/news/ktvu-l...moon-bay-crash

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    There's this gem from that article:

"He didn't expect to be out there as long as he was, and said he was surprised the Coast Guard took as long as they did."

So he crashed the plane and expected the coast guard to immediately be there for him? I bet if his snowmobIle broke down in the wilderness he'd expect mountain rescue to help him out.

For us that have not followed him closely enough to know what his companies or brands actually are, what do I want to avoid?

Sudden loss of power is actually plausible.

According to the article, he modified his fuel tanks and he says "siphoned off particulate matter".
    He could have switched tanks and sucked up "particulate matter" or "bad gas" leading to sudden loss of power.

I have had a similar experience, albeit in a power boat with multiple (2) tanks. Later examination revealed
    a clogged fuel filter. The first tank had some old gas from the previous year. The second tank I filled up fresh. What was the difference? That year they started adding methanol to marine gas also unbeknownst to me. The ethanol loosened and dissolved years of gunk from the lines. As soon as that mix hit the fuel filter, cloggo, nothing was going through.

Air Transportation Safety Board and insurance company will figure it out, although they are methodical will only make a report once they have made a finale determination.

Full disclosure - I have a friend that used to investigate plane crashes for the insurance industry. He told me emphatically "Don't ever get into a small privately owned airplane". I have also known two people who went down and perished.

In no way should this post be construed as an endorsement of nor an attempt at absolving David Lesh from being the douchbag that he is.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    I think MiCol would at least like the opportunity to try!
    Quote Originally Posted by ULLRismyco-pilot View Post
    I prefer clothing brand owners who don’t crash planes in the ocean. Freeride Systems FTW!
    wow, not sure how i missed this thread....wondering when is saw some reference to lesh crashing elsewhere , like whaaat?? , but shrugged it off, no i wont be crashing any planes nor taking my sleds through wilderness and fragile protected lands....helll i barely update facebook couple times a year....

national tv commercials can be $100K for 30 seconds, so a ditching a $200k plane is not out of the question for him imo , glad they didnt die as well as any of the rescuers....

p.s. just watched one of the tv news segments....looks like he got in the rescue litter first up to the chopper to get out of the water and left the girl bobbing in the pacific ocean to be lifted out 2nd.....that doesnt seem very cool...

or maybe that was the swimmer down there left ....whatever....
    Last edited by MiCol; 08-25-2019 at 04:38 PM.
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    For us that have not followed him closely enough to know what his companies or brands actually are, what do I want to avoid?
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

It's like his target audience is the jongs from this forum

That's not a bad commercial. Well done.

How did he find midgets?

you in the market for some midgets bunny?

Meh. the guy absolutely shreds on skis, seems to live a classically awesome "fast life" of hot girls, cool toys, celebrities and wild times, is apparently self made, and recently just made a pretty incredible ocean landing of a crippled airplane saving himself and passenger. Im not sure that cranky middle aged dentists just looking for things to get angry at (see Caroline Gleich thread) are his target audience haha.

Yeah, he's cool and really my idol, I've always wanted to snowmobile over fragile tundra in wilderness but was too afraid to try
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Meh. the guy absolutely shreds on skis, seems to live a classically awesome "fast life" of hot girls, cool toys, celebrities and wild times, is apparently self made, and recently just made a pretty incredible ocean landing of a crippled airplane saving himself and passenger. Im not sure that cranky middle aged dentists just looking for things to get angry at (see Caroline Gleich thread) are his target audience haha.
    A douche is a douche. He's just the fool's gold version.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Meh. the guy absolutely shreds on skis, seems to live a classically awesome "fast life" of hot girls, cool toys, celebrities and wild times, is apparently self made, and recently just made a pretty incredible ocean landing of a crippled airplane saving himself and passenger.
    Not sure that makes up for being a self-aggrandizing, self-absorbed, complete toolbag.

But somebody has got to do it, amirite??

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Not sure that makes up for being a self-aggrandizing, self-absorbed, complete toolbag.

But somebody has got to do it, amirite??
    Sounds like a lot of people know him much better than I do. I just know him from his own clickbait marketing, and from a couple incidents reported on by media. I don't feel qualified to judge someones character based upon that, but it seems like i have less information than the majority here.